Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have personally sat as a juror in a murder trial where the defendant had a well documented mental illness (he was not much older than BL). Even with that information we still found him guilty of murder (while my heart would have wanted to see him go to a hospital rather than jail). btw it was the worst experience of my life :(
BBM. Yes, I can certainly imagine it was horrible and stressful. There is rarely anything clear cut about many of these cases, and there are no "winners" that is for sure.

As I read these threads, I try to do so with compassion, and even gratitude. But for the Grace of God, I am not a subject of one of them.

Speaking of the Grace of God, I pray that He will touch the hearts and minds of BL and his family, and guide them to do the right thing before there is more destruction and pain.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Here's what I'm not understanding: dog lady says the van is parked at Spread Creek on the 28th, but gone by the 29th. If we believe the tiktok story about him hitchhiking late day on the 29th, then where was the van?

Also, he wanted to go to Jackson, so what difference would it make if tiktok said they were going to Jackson Hole? Jackson is in the Jackson Hole valley, isn't it?
Exactly. Unless he needed to take the path that was easiest to get back to the van because he hasn't moved it himself. And he knew her body was 200 yards from it. And he needed to check to see if both were still there. Just because these Ppl didn't say they saw the van there the 29th doesn't mean it wasn't at some point. I guess he cuda moved it but I doubt it. He maybe wanted it to be gone to fulfill his supposed alibi but I don't think it was gone from that spot until he drove it away himself.

Was that not the 29th ?
I'm asking 'cos all the numbers are a jumble in my head and I've mixed up all the utubers' names again now.. or tiktokers or whatever they were?

There was a couple in the restaurant at the time of the incident with BL verbally abusing restaurant staff and Gabby apologizing for his behavior. They were in town for a family event and this occurred on August 27th according to them during the lunchtime hours.

Almost ALL reports state the vehicle belonged to Gabby, not Brian,
Gabby sold her car to buy it. She saw it as a business expense when she had hopes and dreams of a great roadshow.

Not if you reside with the person as police can’t prove you stole it because it’s parked at the home you both reside at. No property is actually stolen or missing. If GP had reported it stolen that’s the only way they could have charged him was busting him on the road with it but not at the house where she lives… no proof it’s stolen.

I worked in the office at a police department for over a decade & can say that our officers/detectives would not immediately have front counter enter a vehicle into a statewide and national database as "stolen" if the person who took the vehicle had previously been allowed to drive it. There was always lag between the time the vehicle was reported missing versus when it would be officially entered into the database as stolen, and I believe it was several weeks. Even though I personally believe Brian murdered Gabby, up until the time her disappearance was reported and her body was discovered I don't think the vehicle would be considered "stolen" by law enforcement just for the fact he was driving it, at least not in the state I live in. However, once Gabby was reported missing there would have most likely have been a BOLO for it which would have been nationally broadcast to other LE agencies. I'm not sure if Gabby's mother knew where the van was once she reported her daughter missing - did she know that Brian had already come home with the van?

Did anyone witness BL coming back from that "family camping trip"? Has he been seen by anyone since then? I still have a really hard time believing he planned to hide in that park/preserve and I believe he had a longer head start that was organized.
Has it been verified that any authority put a note on the Mustang?

Cams? I thought the only “source” for this was a neighbor who did not have an exact date.
Florida has a lot of cameras attached to our roadways - if the parents had a cell phone on their camping trip and they have those pings they may be checking out traffic cameras that coincide with their pings to get the route.
JMO

I don't know the answer to your first question though it's possible the van was in another part of the Spread Creek camping area or somewhere else nearby.

With regard to why BL might've freaked out when hitchhiking. There were two roads going south from Colter Bay Village. One goes much closer to the Spread Creek dispersed camping area. If that indeed was him -- and I think it was -- he freaked out right where it would have been clear that they were on the road that was further from Spread Creek. He got out when they were pretty much west of Spread Creek -- he may not have wanted to pass it and go further south on that road, which was already further west than the campground.

JMO
That would really make sense to me, except for the fact that he was at Coulter Bay, which would have been a long hike from Spread Creek, especially if he moved the van sometime late 28th/ early 29th. That makes me think he moved the van away from a Spread Creek.

He wanted to go to Jackson from Coulter Bay. Why? If he wanted to get back to the van, and it was still in Spread Creek, he would have hitchhiked to Spread Creek. It makes me wonder...

I know this won't be the last time this has to be said but it would be nearly impossible to convict BL for theft of the van. Prosecutors would have the burden of proving beyond a reasonable doubt that (a) BL did not have permission to have the van AND (b) that, even if he didn't actually have permission, he didn't mistakenly believe that he had permission AND (c) that he intended to permanently deprive GP or her estate of possession of the van. Given the facts that we know, that would be extremely difficult to prove. More to the point no prosecutor in their right mind is going to pollute a potential capital murder case that, in all likelihood, will be based on circumstantial evidence, by also taking the time and burning credibility capital with the jury to convince them of a much shakier case of auto theft that at best may tack on a few months prison time and a monetary penalty.
So even though it may be offensive that BL drove her van home after killing her, that doesn't "legally" appear to constitute auto theft and the bigger picture of his killing her, if he did, makes talking about theft of the van pointless and almost offensive in itself.

Once Gabby died it was theft. Auto theft charges are tacked on to murder cases all the time where a victim is killed and a vehicle is taken.

My husband and I had a lively discussion tonight. He thinks GP was killed in the van and driven to the location where she was found. He also thinks BL is alive and on the run or hiding. I, however, think she was killed outside. Who would kill someone in a car, possibly leaving death evidence, then drive that car back home? And I think BL is dead, likely in/around the preserve. Hmm.

I'm with you. There was apparent blood evidence tagged by LE paint on logs by the scene where she was found. One of the photos tagged with paint showed a possible bullet hole in a tree. Show your hubby the scene photos marked with paint. Sorry I don't have a link.

A post upthread states our Victim GP would stay at her friend Rose's home when BL was "hearing voices" and having an "episode". So, he may very well have some legit mental illness. However, *if* he does, and chose to stop taking his meds, that will not bode well. He may end up in some county facility for the criminally insane. Either way, *if* he is guilty and convicted, he will likely spend at least 10 or more years incarcerated in one form or another. Given what we know about his volatility and that we have a dead young woman, I'd say the sooner he is apprehended, the better.

In addition, I will reiterate what I posted a few threads back. *If* his parents know where he is, they better darn well bring him in immediately. Otherwise, they might have to live with what happens if he resists arrest when captured. LE will not pussyfoot around when they find this guy, knowing that he is seemingly unstable.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Judgmentally you are correct...the parents should be forthright....
But ya know, many a classic play, or movie or book grapple with the struggle between unconditional love and ethics... a common theme that we are probably seeing play out right before our eyes!!

Or that he didn't know she was dead. I think that works both ways. Guess that why they have attorneys on both sides.
That's if he's going to claim a SODDI defense. Won't work if they have forensic evidence on him. They can just as easily claim that BigFoot killed her. Possible, not probable.

A camera catching the trio out and about in the camper would validate the source, and show when and where they went.
Obviously, but as far as we the general public currently knows that claim has NOT been validated so why are we stating it as a fact and talking about accompanying camera footage that doesn’t exist?

Does anyone have the license plate number of the infamous silver Mustang convertible? Despite my best efforts, I failed at finding it myself. :(

Not sure if this has been answered yet, but I was busy searching for a response and haven't caught up yet.

First photo in attached link just below the initial video you'll see the license plate. I was able to enlarge it but my eyes aren't the best at the moment so perhaps you can do better. Looks to me like some variation of EMX OO5 or perhaps EKX OO5 or ...your guess is as good as mine. I also briefly checked Brian Entin's Twitter because he had taken pics of the car in the driveway but I couldn't see where there was a visible plate #. Also, the vehicle appears to be registered to his father from previous articles. (I can provide links if you wish).

Car seized after Brian Laundrie note found as TikToker claims she saw him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member