Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #83

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect Barry was already home when he texted to say he was on the way. He wanted to make it look like he was communicating honestly with Suzanne but let's be real, he's a hunter. I think he caught her by surprise, murdered her, then sent the last two texts as if he wasn't home yet. MOO

I had not considered that. Trying to find details in the AA. I think it only states his phone arriving at the house at 2.43pm? Truck door opens at 2.43pm?

The thought of Barry chasing Suzanne and shooting her with a tranquilizer dart, and the fear she must have felt during those moments just makes me horribly disgusted with this cruel and arrogant person. It was then that she knew he was going to kill her; that’s just what I’m imagining. He may be smiling for a few days but the tables have turned a bit. He is now a prisoner of his ankle monitor. Not sorry.

I have to cross my fingers and believe there is a special place in hell or somewhere for him :mad:

I have to cross my fingers and believe there is a special place in hell or somewhere for him :mad:

There is..if he doesn't tell the truth and accept the punishment for taking Suzanne's life. I am going to trust God here..

Barry said, "Yeah. Well, I've told you everything truthfully. Both you guys. So, it's in God's hands. I mean he allowed this whole thing to happen."
(AA)

The thought of Barry chasing Suzanne and shooting her with a tranquilizer dart, and the fear she must have felt during those moments just makes me horribly disgusted with this cruel and arrogant person. It was then that she knew he was going to kill her; that’s just what I’m imagining. He may be smiling for a few days but the tables have turned a bit. He is now a prisoner of his ankle monitor. Not sorry.
It really gets to me too. Any plausible manner of death I can come up with, that matches the information we have available to us, indicates Suzanne would’ve had an awareness that he was killing her. I wish her life could’ve gone on in a million different ways.

Think of this as a juror, we know a much longer history, they won't. First off they'll hear of her affair, guarantee that...SM thought he was spying on her ..who bought the spypen? Chased her around a resort on vacation, yes, when she was speaking to her lover on her cell phone, he obviously knew something was up....think of it as juror. As someone familiar with DV you use the word "threatened" her with money, range rovers...the average juror who doesn't know DV isn't going to see that questioning money as a threat IMO. How tied down was she? In a year and half ...6-8 trips just see her lover, no job out side the home and how many more trips in that year to see family and friends? How do they know it was just the last year and a half could been a life time of trips. You have the 20th anniversary picture out there as recently as 2014, Suzanne says she's looking for 20 more years with him...

She also tells JL, based on interview with JL in AA, that she doesn't think BM would ever hurt her. Total opposite of what you would hear from a woman in an abusive relationship. The defense strategy in my opinion will be to trash SM and say how she was possibly leading a double or secret life all under BMs nose and could have run off with another man or some other man she was involved with may have done something to her.

She also tells JL, based on interview with JL in AA, that she doesn't think BM would ever hurt her. Total opposite of what you would hear from a woman in an abusive relationship. The defense strategy in my opinion will be to trash SM and say how she was possibly leading a double or secret life all under BMs nose and could have run off with another man or some other man she was involved with may have done something to her.

I disagree with the "total opposite" part of your post. There are many reasons women in abusive relationships are afraid to tell anyone until they are safely removed from the situation, and sometimes one can run, but cannot hide.
EBM to clarify that I am referring to disclosing physical harm.

Last edited:
I suspect Barry was already home when he texted to say he was on the way. He wanted to make it look like he was communicating honestly with Suzanne but let's be real, he's a hunter. I think he caught her by surprise, murdered her, then sent the last two texts as if he wasn't home yet. MOO

Hmm IIRC BM was passing a couple of cameras and timestamped on his way home from getting the blade installed on the bobcat. I just can't find the timeline at the moment.

Hmm IIRC BM was passing a couple of cameras and timestamped on his way home from getting the blade installed on the bobcat. I just can't find the timeline at the moment.
I agree. He was also on camera at DSI with several witnesses getting blade changed as previously discussed here. SM sent proof of life photo at 2:03 pm and Whatsapp message to JL at 2:11 pm (AA pg 17/129). MOO

There is..if he doesn't tell the truth and accept the punishment for taking Suzanne's life. I am going to trust God here..

Barry said, "Yeah. Well, I've told you everything truthfully. Both you guys. So, it's in God's hands. I mean he allowed this whole thing to happen."
(AA)
That is all we can do. If the justice system doesn’t give him his due punishment, we have to have peace within ourselves.

(Redacted) states that she last spoke to Suzanne on the night of May 9. There are no electronic records that show that Suzanne communicated with anyone after her last communication at 2:11 on May 9. So was (Redacted) mistaken on the date/time, or is something else going on? -on page 5 of the AA

Something else was going on. Sit with it until it clicks. It'll click.

JMO

Think of this as a juror, we know a much longer history, they won't. First off they'll hear of her affair, guarantee that...SM thought he was spying on her ..who bought the spypen? Chased her around a resort on vacation, yes, when she was speaking to her lover on her cell phone, he obviously knew something was up....think of it as juror. As someone familiar with DV you use the word "threatened" her with money, range rovers...the average juror who doesn't know DV isn't going to see that questioning money as a threat IMO. How tied down was she? In a year and half ...6-8 trips just see her lover, no job out side the home and how many more trips in that year to see family and friends? How do they know it was just the last year and a half could been a life time of trips. You have the 20th anniversary picture out there as recently as 2014, Suzanne says she's looking for 20 more years with him...

BBM- Are photos and posts from social media normally submitted during a trial as part of a defense strategy? I don’t know.

I look forward to the Prosecution's polished presentation of the case, namely the side by a side timestamps.

I can't make complete sense of the timeline for Suzanne between 2:11 and 2:44... but what I picture is her going inside at 2:11, possibly wrapped in the towel for modesty.... setting her phone down, maybe to charge, and picking up a different device..... is it possible she was active on that device during that half hour? And LE just never recovered it?

I'm just grateful there's a digital trail at all. Something needs to speak for Suzanne.

I think those tree-rock clusters deserve another look. For evidence of decay. For evidence of harmful chemicals (like quikrete and lime). Mushrooms. Dead grass. Dead trees.

We gotta find her.

JMO

It really gets to me too. Any plausible manner of death I can come up with, that matches the information we have available to us, indicates Suzanne would’ve had an awareness that he was killing her. I wish her life could’ve gone on in a million different ways.
I completely agree. I think he wanted her to know. It gave him the ultimate control.

I look forward to the Prosecution's polished presentation of the case, namely the side by a side timestamps.

I can't make complete sense of the timeline for Suzanne between 2:11 and 2:44... but what I picture is her going inside at 2:11, possibly wrapped in the towel for modesty.... setting her phone down, maybe to charge, and picking up a different device..... is it possible she was active on that device during that half hour? And LE just never recovered it?

I'm just grateful there's a digital trail at all. Something needs to speak for Suzanne.

I think those tree-rock clusters deserve another look. For evidence of decay. For evidence of harmful chemicals (like quikrete and lime). Mushrooms. Dead grass. Dead trees.

We gotta find her.

JMO
I am definitely glad for the digital trail we have in this case. I’m afraid it won’t be enough (he has high powered and experienced attorneys). But like you, I think the prosecution needs a polished case. I hope they work on that.

We gotta find her.

JMO
BBM - I have been wondering the same. If she was online talking with JL, maybe her phone needed recharging? This may explain why the phone charger was missing from the bedroom (and not recovered), and may narrow down the time when events unfolded.

Your point about another device - would this not have registered on the modem (or something else) and alerted LE to that device?

On page 19 of the AA, Barry states that Suzanne rode her bike in the morning. Did Barry know that was a lie, or did he have no idea what Suzanne’s daily routine was?
I doubt he knew SM's daily routine. He worked too much. Isn't that what he said they argued about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26