Identified! MS - Moss Point, BlkFem UP10369, 35-45, discovered by rabbit hunters, Dec'77 - Clara Birdlong

Great news!! Rest peacefully now Clara, ‘Nuttin’.

Mississippi Deputies Identify Woman Found Dead in 1977, Believe She Is Victim of Serial Killer Who Confessed to 93 Murders

One of the cousins, a 93-year-old grandmother, said Birdlong went missing from Leflore County in the 1970s.

“Another distant cousin in Texas said Clara went by the nickname ‘Nuttin,’ and described her as a small woman who had a gold front tooth and wore a wig,” deputies said. “The cousin also recalled Clara disappeared in the 1970’s.”

Another woman said she remembered Birdlong, and said she left the county in the 1970s with a Black man who claimed to be passing through Mississippi on the way to Florida.

“Clara was never seen or heard from again,” deputies wrote.

Can confirm that this is NOT Clara Birdlong. The news station accidentally posted a photo of Alice Jefferson, who was previously ruled out as being the Jane Doe. There are still no photos of Miss Clara anywhere.
Oh really? Thank you so much for letting me know. I'll remove it from the Wiki too.

Clara Birdlong May Be The Victim Of One Of The Most Prolific Serial Killers In American History
The remains of a woman were found at a Mississippi construction site in 1977, but her identity went unknown for over 40 years. Known only as the "Escatawpa Jane Doe" to law enforcement, the woman was finally identified as Clara Birdlong after DNA was collected from her 93-year-old cousin.

Birdlong is believed to be one of the dozens of women who were murdered by serial killer Samuel Little. Little reportedly preyed on homeless women and sex workers who were less likely to be identified, and confessed to murdering 93 women over three decades. Nearly half of Little's victims have remained unidentified
1002563144-photo-u1

Photo: CarlK90245 / Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY-SA 4.0

11 Jane And John Does Who Got Their Names Back In 2021

I have linked a story written by the Clarion Ledger about Escatawpa Jane Doe. In the article it talks about Carl's reconstruction and about her link to Samuel Little. The article also touches on me and our search for the identity of our Jane Doe.

Recognize her? Artist reconstructs face of woman believed to be serial killer's victim
There is a Jane doe in Houston Texas that also has dental fillings just like Emma Lee Henderson! She also fits the time line and age! 734UFTX

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back