AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at other BPD scene photo - what’s the thinking re additional damage on the driver’s side? Is that a reflection of clouds/sky in the paintwork, or has something scraped all the way along the side below the level of the door handles taking the paint off (possibly also knocking the wing mirror into the driver’s side window)?

View attachment 314094

In my opinion, it looks like the vehicle was sideswiped.

Missing geologist Daniel Robinson had been acting erratically in the two weeks leading up to his disappearance and, on the morning he vanished, went from behaving normally to “replying to me with answers that had nothing to do with the questions”, the last man to see him has told The Independent.

More at Witness: Missing geologist was acting erratically before disappearance (click on I'll try later if it asks you to register).

Missing geologist Daniel Robinson had been acting erratically in the two weeks leading up to his disappearance and, on the morning he vanished, went from behaving normally to “replying to me with answers that had nothing to do with the questions”, the last man to see him has told The Independent.

More at Witness: Missing geologist was acting erratically before disappearance (click on I'll try later if it asks you to register).
Interesting data point to say the least, good find! The same article is repeated over on YH news without the registration interruption: Missing geologist was acting erratically before disappearance, witness says

He was just looking off into he desert; he had a very, very distant look in his eyes,” Mr Elliott told The Independent. “Whenever he’d turn around again, I would look at him and look into his eyes – the first thing I thought was maybe it was drugs or something ... [but] his pupils were not dilated.

“From that standpoint, everything appeared to be normal,” Mr Elliott said. “Then I thought this was a medical condition or something. I wasn’t too sure. I kept watching him, but he just kept turning around and looking off into the desert.

My first instinct is to wonder whether he was scared of anyone, or whether there was a medical condition that was emerging. If it was the latter, I would tend to think that he would've been found by now IMO. I signed the petition, and I really hope for the family that some answers come soon.

To Note:
Within a matter of minutes
, however, Mr Robinson’s demeanour changed from “normal” to distracted, Mr Elliott said.

Witness: Missing geologist was acting erratically before disappearance

Within a matter of minutes, however, Mr Robinson’s demeanour changed from “normal” to distracted, Mr Elliott said.

“He was just looking off into the desert; he had a very, very distant look in his eyes,” Mr Elliott told The Independent. “Whenever he’d turn around again, I would look at him and look into his eyes – the first thing I thought was maybe it was drugs or something ... [but] his pupils were not dilated.

“From that standpoint, everything appeared to be normal,” Mr Elliott said. “Then I thought this was a medical condition or something. I wasn’t too sure. I kept watching him, but he just kept turning around and looking off into the desert.

“Then he just turned around and walked back over to his Jeep
, and I just assumed he was going to get something out of his vehicle. And he opened the door, got in, sat down, put on his seatbelt, then he looked at me and just waved at me and backed up and took off.”

Ah OK thanks for the correction - I see now that DR must have been working in the Trillium parcel.
Do we know if he had an itinerary for that day? Would he have had a list of site locations that he had to go and work at?
That was my original thought but "no". Just the single well site. There are more in the area but no reason to visit any others. In fact, this was his first time to this particular site is my understanding.

Within a matter of minutes, however, Mr Robinson’s demeanour changed from “normal” to distracted, Mr Elliott said.

“He was just looking off into the desert; he had a very, very distant look in his eyes,” Mr Elliott told The Independent. “Whenever he’d turn around again, I would look at him and look into his eyes – the first thing I thought was maybe it was drugs or something ... [but] his pupils were not dilated.

, and I just assumed he was going to get something out of his vehicle. And he opened the door, got in, sat down, put on his seatbelt, then he looked at me and just waved at me and backed up and took off.”
Good find! This matches what I had overheard at one of the searches. Not sure why the contractor waited so long to go on record.

He was just looking off into he desert; he had a very, very distant look in his eyes,” Mr Elliott told The Independent. “Whenever he’d turn around again, I would look at him and look into his eyes – the first thing I thought was maybe it was drugs or something ... [but] his pupils were not dilated.

My first instinct is to wonder whether he was scared of anyone, or whether there was a medical condition that was emerging. If it was the latter, I would tend to think that he would've been found by now IMO. I signed the petition, and I really hope for the family that some answers come soon.
Good find! Matches what I overheard at one of the searches.

Snipped for focus.
Referred to as a 2017 upthread. Thanks for adding the trim level ('Trailhawk'), that wasn't mentioned before. I'm assuming that means 4 x 4 with 9 speed automatic transmission and a 180 hp gas engine.
https://www.cars.com/research/jeep-renegade-2017/trims/
My understanding is the 4x4 is still an option at that point. He did not have that option. IIRC, front wheel drive and street tires, not lifted.

Looking at other BPD scene photo - what’s the thinking re additional damage on the driver’s side? Is that a reflection of clouds/sky in the paintwork, or has something scraped all the way along the side below the level of the door handles taking the paint off (possibly also knocking the wing mirror into the driver’s side window)?

View attachment 314094
Based on a different photo given to the South Carolina Station (that I assume was taken by the rancher and given to Mr. Robinson), IMO it has always looked to me like a) a sideswipe or b) Daniel hit a stationary object with that side, or c) external damage caused by an object (by whom and for what reason is unknown). I believe this incident caused the drivers side window breakage prior to this seen but of course MOO. Before you get too excited by 'another photo' it is essentially the same angle as the other Buckeye PD released photo on Sept. 16th, although you can make out the clothing better in the Buckeye PD so I'm not reposting or trying to find it upthread.

Good find! This matches what I had overheard at one of the searches. Not sure why the contractor waited so long to go on record.
Tried to edit the above but too late....delete: "Not sure why the contractor waited so long to go on record."
IMO, this is another detail released by Mr. Robinson when being contacted by the Independent. I believe the Independent is reacting to Joy Reid's mention of the Daniel Robinson case on her twitter/podcast a few days ago. Same with the McGrath quotes, they are new as far as I can tell.

The first thing that comes to my mind with that description of his behaviour is epilepsy. but it could be a number of things.

But I'm confused - if this is true, why did none of his colleagues, friends and family try to get him help?

Last edited:

Was there anyone else at the job site?

The first thing that comes to my mind with that description of his behaviour is epilepsy. but it could be a number of things.

But I'm confused - if this is true, why did none of his colleagues, friends and family try to get him help?
Good question. Many times people don’t get themselves involved when they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member