Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we have discussed it a lot on here about where Gabby was found and apologies if this has been answered. But for anyone who saw the original helicopter footage, can you please mark on this aerial photograph where about’s the remains were located? Just interested with regards to location of homicide. Thanks

Attachments

• 468D9353-4B96-4B79-95DF-5397EF17349A.jpeg
    468D9353-4B96-4B79-95DF-5397EF17349A.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 136
So with BL's parents leaving the house, media has been reporting that LE has been there since the search of it - are we to believe that either 1- LE knows where they are going 2- intend to follow 3- they are going to meet LE somewhere rather than LE coming to them?

Maybe they are just getting away early for a long weekend.

Quick question. I've seen numerous posts about the trip back to Florida to clean out storage unit. Do we have solid proof this happened. Seems easy for a sleuth to come up with flight records and tickets or video of him arriving in Florida. All I've seen is word of mouth and that doesn't seem like credible information. Sorry if this has been talked about I didn't see proof in media timeline.
There has been no solid proof provided to the public about the 1st trip back to Florida to clean out storage unit.

No new developments overnight that I've seen.

Have to believe they have evidence on Brian for them to put in so much effort to find an adult missing male that is a person of interest. Brian will pop up again. Don't see him having the resources to stay hidden and am sure his friends and relatives are being monitored.
Amazing what national attention can do. This is extraordinary. But so is the attention this case is getting

Many on this site have kids. Some of those kids are at school today. Imagine if you go pick up your child after school today and they are not there. You’d look for the teacher, the classmates right? And if they said ya, um, so I got nothing to say cuz it’s my constitutional right. What would you do? Would that be ok?
Why is this any different?
I’m still reeling from this, still in shock how he got away with this? God bless GP’s dad. That man must have nerves of steel and incredible restraint because I’m sure many of us are thinking “I would have been at BL’s door with a baseball bat within 24 hrs demanding to know where my child is”.

I could still see him killing himself. Right now, in a hyper state, he can use his survivalist skills to hide...but at the end of the day... he really did seem to have nothing in his life but Gabby. I think that emptiness will emerge, and he may think he really does have nothing to live for. Just not sure if he is a narcissist or a fatalist!!
moo moo
My mind keeps going back to his post about Gabby after they were engaged. He wrote that his worst fear was that he was going to wake up and find being with her was all a dream.

And then the ominous, "Until death do we part."

I hope LE have or will look for proof of the supposed weekend camping trip of Lsundrie parents & Brian. I try not to assume too much...

I am with you, Glaber! This trip could have been a 3 day weekend to find a hiding place for Brian. Very concerned Brian was never at the house after that trip. Would explain how his parents seem unconcerned for his safety in the alligator infested swamp. They know he is safe just where they left him.

It makes no sense that BLs parents would suddenly be so forthcoming with information... and as John Walsh mentioned, how did they know the exact location of the mustang in such a huge area to leave a note and then go retrieve. I am 100% he is probably far far far from there and well stocked. I thought maybe he would kill himself, but its become clear that after getting a lawyer and the response of the parents, the goal was to slip him out while GPs parents were calling and before the POI heated up

The preserve is near their home and BL apparently went there frequently in past. He is no wilderness novice. So it is a natural place for him to visit, especially since I am sure he is in emotional turmoil. His parents snd many in that area would know where the nearest parking lot to enter local preserve. I’m live near a preserve and it’s very obvious where to go park if you want to visit. Also BL apparently told them he was going to go there

It’s highly likely he is in there. Unlikely, given size of the place and hideaways and that he knows the place that LE is easily going to find him. They’ve said so themselves in discussing the difficulties and challenges of searching that place. If BL killed self, even less likely.

Alligators are definitely known to attack people. Hurricane Ida hit Louisiana recently and a lady reported her husband had been attacked by an alligator outside their home a day after the storm hit. She went to find help and her husband was gone when she returned. Sheriff's Office and Wildlife were able to capture the alligator and determined it had eaten the man. So unfortunately, it does happen.
You know how "a gun is always loaded"? Likewise, a gator is always hungry. These are things, for your own safety, you have to assume whenever one is pointed your way. JMO etc.

<modsnip - discussing removed post>

Do we know the mustang vehicle is registered to the family? I have heard rumors of it belonging to someone else.

Also, may be an unpopular opinion here and I hope I’m allowed to say this but people are giving the parents such a hard time. I think it’s likely there is good reason they are not speaking. Ie. FBI is telling them they are at risk. I also think it’s more than plausible BL lied about the entire thing with Gabby to them and manipulated them or even demanded they go camping. We really don’t know what their relationship was like.

we know this guy is likely capable of very dangerous things and we know he has odd behavior.

Last edited by a moderator:
John Walsh is furious because he lived through his 6 year old being beheaded and no one was ever charged with his murder due to what John believes were police mistakes. I have a hard time criticizing someone who has spent his life fighting for other people's kids.

I'm in total agreement with you on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson