Found Deceased MI - Brynn Bills, 17, staying with friends, Alpena, 3 Aug 2021 *Abby Hill also fnd deceased* *arrests*

I am a resident of Alpena and have been reading several Facebook conversations regarding Brynn's disappearance. I am unclear whether I can post links to those conversations due to Websluthes' rules and policy. Maybe someone can clarify what constitutes a "suspect", does "suspect" differ from "person of interest" and does "suspect" mean that the individual must be announced as such by law enforcement? In addition, I have a great deal of apprehension posting these sites do to Facebook posts that I have seen by obviously fake profiles or from people from out of the area accusing individuals of involvement without basis and contrary to normal rational and by me causing more attention to these posts my increase such nonsense.

Thanks for your post. Unless or until LE indicates that someone is a "person of interest" or a "suspect", it's probably best not to share information from social media that could be nothing more than innuendo or speculation. LE has been very tight-lipped regarding Brynn's disappearance, but they might very well have their eyes on a particular person or people who might be involved.

I don't do social media, either, but I can see the photos of Brynn and that she works at Hollister. I looked for all of the Hollister locations in Michigan, and there isn't a store anywhere near Alpena. When and where did she work for Hollister? Has Brynn always lived in Michigan? Alpena? Where is her family? She was reportedly living with friends in Alpena. On Twitter, Brynn mentions going to Florida. Does she have relatives there? Maybe she was headed to Florida when she went missing.
a lot of teens say they work there. same w crusty crab.

Thanks to the members new and old that are here for Brynn. I don’t have anything to add, just that this case captured my interest.

Hopefully Brynn hitched a ride and once settled will touch base with those that need to know.

<respectfully snipped> I'm pretty sure that an 18-year-old is considered an adult in Michigan and can do as they please. If there's no indication of foul play, LE is probably not going to get involved. JMO
I think she was only 17 when she went missing. Not a lot of info or publicity regarding her disappearance. Most everyone has doorbell cams, when was the actual last time she was seen by anyone? So sad.

ALPENA — Duane Bills has no idea what happened to his daughter and no clues that might help him find out, so he’s pleading with the public to come forward with any information that might bring any answers.

No one has seen or heard from Brynn Nicole Bills since Aug. 1, her father said Thursday. And, while he said police have actively pursued several tips, “nobody seems to have a clue” what happened to her.

“We’ve got nothing,” Duane Bills, of Fairview, said Thursday. “We have no hardcore proof one way or another.”

She did not have a vehicle, and Duane Bills said none of her friends have reported seeing her since the start of last month, “and that’s pretty odd.”

Police consider Brynn Bills a missing person and “detectives are actively investigating and they’re following up on any leads,” said Michigan State Police spokesman Lt. Derrick Carroll.

He refused to provide additional details because of the ongoing investigation.

Duane Bills said the family and police have considered organizing a search party, but “we gotta have a spot to look,” and they’ve received no information to point in any direction.

He said the family will offer a substantial cash award for any verifiable information that leads to a solution to the case.

“We’re just trying to find the whereabouts, what transpired,” the father said Thursday. “If anybody has any leads, any information, we’d like people to come forward. We’d like to find her alive, of course, but, if something stupid happened, we don’t want something to happen to someone else’s kids.

Father pleads for info on missing Alpena teen

I'm not aware of any suspects or POI in this case. But it's interesting that the person she was in a relationship with (as pointed out by others upstream), is in jail right now for drug charges.
Roster

I really feel awful for Brynn's Dad, he is posting everywhere asking for help to find her :(

I feel so bad for her and her family! So little information! NamUs say last seen July 15th? Who were the friends she was staying with? Alpena is not a large town. Somebody knows something :( I pray she knows there are many people out there that care!

I’m thankful Gabby was found and her family can begin the grieving process. Where is Brynn? There is no new information, where was she staying (address or neighborhood), what was the confirmed last day anyone saw her or spoke with her, who are her friends? I’ve heard rumors around town but that’s all they are, rumors. Are there social media conversations from anyone with her, texts? Anyone have any video footage from doorbell cams or security footage?? We need to keep this young girl on our radars!!

I’d LOVE for this to get as much attention as Gabby did, but the two cases are so different in the way they’re being presented.
With Gabby there was a ton of info out there, which totally aided in America and the world looking for her. And finding her, bless her soul.
Sadly, its just the opposite here. We have little to no clues and information is tight-lipped. Keeping everything secret has not helped to find Brynn. Maybe it’s time to hit it from a different angle, transparency.
Praying every day that Brynn finds her way home.

Last edited:
Interesting how many pit bull photos and fancy sneakers she posts. It makes me wonder who she is trying to date, and why the last post sounded like it was about meeting up with someone or having found a special someone? IMO speculating only.

I'm getting those bad internet dating vibes in my stomach tonight. Hoping for this sweet girl and her loved ones.
the pits and shoes seem totally normal for teen culture in the Alpena area. What really concerns me is that she posted of Facebook regularly and then not at all.

Family of missing Alpena teen seeking publics help

This article from today (along with previous articles posted here) state that it’s Michigan State Police investigating, not a local department which speaks volumes.

Police, even MSP, can only work a case as hard as the family and friends of the missing person are willing to share, talk and advocate for their missing loved one. If someone who cares about Brynn is reading this, give LE a reason to pursue Brynn and whether or not she’s safe. MSP can’t and won’t investigate if they aren’t given a reason to believe they need to because they’re hindered by red tape. What we saw in Gabby’s case is a perfect example of how to handle a missing loved one - keep the details and information coming and work with LE until you have answers.

:::My opinion only, but also second hand knowledge of how MSP operates:::

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back