GUILTY VA - Khaleesi Hope Cuthriell 3, (deceased, still missing) & Candi Jo Royer 41 (located), Waynesboro, 1 Feb 2021 *Arrests*

Thank you for explaining how someone who goes to jail for meth can give her kids to meth heads and the terms "social services" and "diversionary agreement" really just refers to a lump sum payment to the meth heads who took custody of the child.
I had no idea that's how it works.
while this is true and I agree, there would be little oversight to it so no one would know they were meth heads.

What is a DD? I absolutely do not care if someone wants to judge me for making the decision to not have children. Technically I am selfish for not having kids. At least my reasoning could definitely be seen that way. I don't understand how its selfish to not have kids though. I'll wear that title I guess. I'd rather be selfish for the reason that I am than be known as selfish for having children when I can't provide those children with the life they deserve.(meaning food, home, clothes, etc) Or for running around like a crazy person with my felon lover and neglect a child to the point of death. I'm pissed that they haven't told LE where the child's body is. Another selfish act from them.

dear daughter.

A Virginia couple appeared in Westmoreland County court on Monday, when they waived extradition to Virginia to answer charges filed earlier this month is connection with the disappearance of a 3-year-old girl.

Travis R. Brown, 29 and Candi Jo Royer, 41, will remain in custody at the Westmoreland County Prison until there is a disposition of local charges that include possession of a stolen car, forgery and drug offenses.

Virginia couple waive extradition in case of missing girl

A Virginia couple appeared in Westmoreland County court on Monday, when they waived extradition to Virginia to answer charges filed earlier this month is connection with the disappearance of a 3-year-old girl.

Travis R. Brown, 29 and Candi Jo Royer, 41, will remain in custody at the Westmoreland County Prison until there is a disposition of local charges that include possession of a stolen car, forgery and drug offenses.

Virginia couple waive extradition in case of missing girl

Westmoreland County Judge Rita Hathaway said authorities will have 10 days to take custody of the couple and return them to Virginia once the local cases are resolved.

And that could happen sooner rather than later, according to Westmoreland County Assistant District Attorney Allen Powanda.

The couple is scheduled to appear in court for expedited guilty pleas on Nov. 24.

“With the seriousness of the allegations in Virginia, I will try to expedite the process so they can be resolved as soon as possible,” Powanda said.

He said some of the outstanding charges filed in Pennsylvania may duplicate some of the other charges they face in Virginia, he said.

The sister said they hadn't spoken in over a decade and she was estranged from the entire family. So the family may not have known about this beautiful baby girl. I bet they would have taken her in if they had been given the chance==but I wonder if she didn't want to give her family the satisfaction. It sounds like there was a lot of friction between them all.

She may not have wanted the family to know, heck, family can be very difficult and go to court and get custody and not ever let the parent see the child again. I know CPS cases going back half a century. Some I know well, some I don't know a thing about. But if I knew of it, most of the details are locked in some space in my brain. I really think you're most likely correct. But what does the mother have now? Nothing.
I haven't been all through the thread, and I couldn't find any information on the mom. Do you or does anyone know what she was in for? This whole thing is just a darn shame. Seriously. IF only CPS would do their jobs correctly and not invent cases against some people and ignore cases that end up like this. Thank you katydid23.

Westmoreland County Judge Rita Hathaway said authorities will have 10 days to take custody of the couple and return them to Virginia once the local cases are resolved.

And that could happen sooner rather than later, according to Westmoreland County Assistant District Attorney Allen Powanda.

The couple is scheduled to appear in court for expedited guilty pleas on Nov. 24.

“With the seriousness of the allegations in Virginia, I will try to expedite the process so they can be resolved as soon as possible,” Powanda said.

He said some of the outstanding charges filed in Pennsylvania may duplicate some of the other charges they face in Virginia, he said.

I've heard a lot of great things about Judge Hathaway. I don't know how long she's been in but I'm guessing at least 20 years.

I am a social worker and cases like these are my absolute worst nightmare.

I have wanted to look for missing kids almost my entire life, so when I started college, the only ones at that time looking for missing kids were the police. I majored in Administration of Justice. The older I got the more I became aware of child abduction, child *advertiser censored*, child exploitation. The more I learned the more I kept researching. I learned too late you either do the job or you have kids. But you don't do both. I hope you handle this much better than I have. My kids are adults now, but I know personally of so many of these cases, friends' children, a neighbor's child, etc. This subject, the depravity of it makes me sick to my stomach.

AUGUSTA COUNTY, Va. (WHSV) - When three-year-old Khaleesi Cuthriell’s case transitioned from a rescue to recovery mission, people in the Valley following the case were devastated.

Not only were they devastated, they were asking questions. Many are asking, “How did Khaleesi end up in Candi Royer’s care? How was she gone for months with no one recognizing it?”

More at Community demands answers after missing three-year-old declared dead

AUGUSTA COUNTY, Va. (WHSV) - When three-year-old Khaleesi Cuthriell’s case transitioned from a rescue to recovery mission, people in the Valley following the case were devastated.

Not only were they devastated, they were asking questions. Many are asking, “How did Khaleesi end up in Candi Royer’s care? How was she gone for months with no one recognizing it?”

More at Community demands answers after missing three-year-old declared dead
SBM

Augusta County Sheriff Donald Smith has said things have to change so there’s never another situation like this. However, he can’t say what should change.

“I know that me not releasing a lot of details right now is not helping matters any. I know that. I want the community to know that there is a reason why details are not being released, and it is for the integrity of the investigation,” Smith said.

Suspects in Khaleesi case extradited to Virginia
Suspects Candi Royer and Travis Brown have been extradited from Pennsylvania to Virginia this week.
<>
Augusta County officials say the couple has been arraigned on their charges, and they’ll have preliminary hearings next. At that hearing, the court will determine whether or not to proceed with a trial.

Brown’s preliminary hearing is set for Jan. 12 in Augusta County, while officials say Royer doesn’t have a date yet.

Augusta County Sheriff Donald Smith says they presume Khaleesi is dead. The investigation is ongoing. There is a memorial for Khaleesi outside of the sheriff’s office.

This is a new, comprehensive article by Inside Edition Digital, which includes an interview with Augusta Co, VA, Sheriff, Don Smith. It is a long article. The two sections I'm posting are all too familiar and the same could be (and has been) said about all too many recent cases. So many little ones have been failed by the system that should be protecting them.

What Happened to 3-Year-Old Khaleesi Cuthriell?

Smith's investigation is still open, he said. He is still looking for the little girl. Royer and Brown are in custody, without bond, awaiting trial. He said he couldn't discuss any further details of the ongoing case.

"I want to make sure that these two people are held responsible for what they did to this child," he said. "There's a lot of information that they've withheld and I've really tried to keep the integrity of this case together."

Another thing he wants to stress: He will never stop searching for Khaleesi.

"Frankly, the system failed this kid in every way," he said. "From the caretakers, to social services, to the courts, to the people around Royer and Brown."

According to the sheriff, Arey said children's services was involved when she placed Khaleesi in Royer's care. But when he reached out to the department, the sheriff said he was told case workers were not part of the arrangement.

"It doesn't help that CPS didn't do anything to find this child, who was removed from her mother in October 2020," the sheriff said.

Several interview requests containing a detailed list of questions from Inside Edition Digital were declined by children's services officials. Those questions included whether Khaleesi Cuthriell was known to social workers and whether the agency was aiding the Augusta County sheriff's investigation into what happened to her.

"We will not be able to answer questions regarding investigations we may have, or related information, due to confidentiality," the assistant director of Shenandoah Valley Social Services, Lisa Shiflett, wrote in an email to Inside Edition Digital.

Local reporters have also sought comment from social workers, including asking for the agency's protocols concerning incarcerated single parents who leave behind young children needing care. The Staunton News Leader reported Shiflett declined to answer its questions, citing the ongoing law enforcement investigation.

With the exception of Sheriff Smith, local officials have said little about Khaleesi's disappearance. The office of Commonwealth Attorney Tim Martin declined comment to Inside Edition Digital. An email sent to the prosecutor was not answered.

The child abuse case currently resides in the Augusta County Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court, and no public information is available, including the names of the defendants' attorneys and upcoming court dates, because of confidentiality laws protecting juveniles, the court said.

I know..I'm always saying..their little toddler feet, mushed hair, little smiling faces..it's because I love the toddler stage..even the terrible two's with the tantrums..they are so precious, full of joy or should be and so trusting. My soon to be 4yr old granddaughter asked me when her birthday was and when I told her, she said "Oh Grandma, last was my birthday last year. I want a different birthday this year (cuz her birthday is soon and it's cold and she wants a summer birthday). How can you not love this precious innocence, and harm them in anyway?! OK, rant over..for now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back