Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO it's impossible to hide, LE have helicopters with FLIR cameras. He might survive, but he's not Rambo. With FLIR he can't hide in a tent, tree, or even water.

I wonder what's all near by. Maybe they are too focused on the preserve and he in an undeveloped area nearby watching.

I also wonder how many empty houses are in the area. I have relative that are snow birds, and have empty homes there now.

I am not sure at what temps FLIR effectiveness becomes limited. I have not checked, so, does anyone know if they are using FLIR at night?

I did not know that. The only mention of that thing was from interview with neighbors across the street. Only the husband saw the Laundries packing the thing. Wife just commented on what he told her. A lot of uncertainties in his narrative too. He could not PinPoint dates of camp trip They had just moved into neighborhood at beginning of summer.

But he seemed certain that they did fill the camper shell with stuff one day. And that all 3 drove off in it. When ? Where did they go? Did BL even go with them entire trip or was he dropped off somewhere while parents camped? When did they return? Was BL in the vehicle when they returned? Has ANYONE seen BL since when that neighbor saw him leave with parents in truck snd camper? A lot of questions.
DB921806-84F6-4A15-88C2-B9E971D39E23.jpeg D2A6CF3E-A3DE-4DEA-B3FD-FD18FB82D3ED.jpeg
The photo on the left is a “camper shell”. This is not what they bought and had/have in photos shown on tv FOXX News. The 2nd photo is an over the cab, truck camper which insets into the bed of the truck. This IS The Type Camper shown by FOXX News in photos of the parents driveway. It usually comes with a sleeping area over the cab, as well as kitchen and bathroom areas. Just thought the photos might help some who were not clear about the type of camper the parents reportedly purchased and reportedly took on this long weekend trip with BL.

In the body cam footage Brian seemed to indicate the attention their fight outside the cafe drew had bothered / embarrassed him. That seemed to be his primary motivation for wanting to calm her down while it was happening. If they fought, he did not want it to be so public.

He came across as “the calm guy”, a character depiction that’s been (and continues to be) a major point of contention throughout these threads, as many argued the cool collected togetherness he displayed is an act typically mastered by manipulative abusers.

Now, maybe it’s just me but THAT version of Brian, mastered act or not, greatly contradicts with the temper tantrum throwing madman narrative being touted as of late.

So which is it?

The Brian in the body cam footage who was understandably embarrassed to have had eyes on them (or as abuse claimers have put it, an aversion to being outed as an abuser) while fighting OR the “Brian” who allegedly stomps in and out of a busy restaurant in the midst of a temper tantrum (and for what?!) making a full-on public spectacle of himself?

Because given what we’ve SEEN and what we KNOW to be true it’s not conceivable for him to be both of these people in my opinion.

/JMO
Respectfully, I disagree.

I have personally witnessed a man I worked for go from throwing a stapler across the room and hitting the wall so hard that the drywall caved in....to less than 5 minutes later...the same man strolling out of his office laughing and chatting to someone while on the phone.

Abusers can perfect their private and public personalities without breaking a sweat.

BL may have been witnessed during two different stages of exhibiting his abuse patterns.

4 Stages in The Cycle of Abuse

https://www.makinwellness.com/relat...ss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=cycle-of-abuse

yes we go camping all the time.....you dont step in the woods and just see gators and snakes everywhere lol

I heard that where they think he is there are black bear, puma, bobcats and coyotes too! I find that just fascinating. But I assume as you say you don’t run into them all day and they’re likely not in big number populations

Great points, especially about Europe! It's just not possible to run away that easily right now.

Even Mexico - I know someone who was planning a trip to Cancun earlier this year but they had to be tested for Covid19 before the airline would let them on. She ended up in quarantine for over a week because her boyfriend tested positive. You can't just fly into Mexico right now as many people are assuming.

Also we don't even know if BL had a passport. My son had to get one to go on a Caribbean Cruise and it took weeks to get here.

Someone in a high-profile FBI case would need a fake passport to stay hidden, even on an island. BL doesn't strike me as a mastermind enough to hide that long.
I went to Mexico in July and no test needed to enter but you needed one to fly back to the states

In the body cam footage Brian seemed to indicate the attention their fight outside the cafe drew had bothered / embarrassed him. That seemed to be his primary motivation for wanting to calm her down while it was happening. If they fought, he did not want it to be so public.

He came across as “the calm guy”, a character depiction that’s been (and continues to be) a major point of contention throughout these threads, as many argued the cool collected togetherness he displayed is an act typically mastered by manipulative abusers.

Now, maybe it’s just me but THAT version of Brian, mastered act or not, greatly contradicts with the temper tantrum throwing madman narrative being touted as of late.

So which is it?

The Brian in the body cam footage who was understandably embarrassed to have had eyes on them (or as abuse claimers have put it, an aversion to being outed as an abuser) while fighting OR the “Brian” who allegedly stomps in and out of a busy restaurant in the midst of a temper tantrum (and for what?!) making a full-on public spectacle of himself?

Because given what we’ve SEEN and what we KNOW to be true it’s not conceivable for him to be both of these people in my opinion.

/JMO

It's 100% conceivable. I've lived it. People like this can be very calm and collected when LE shows up. Even when inebriated. It doesn't have to be either it's this or it's that like you are saying. My ex-husband came banging on my door one afternoon after nearly a year of no contact. Banging and screaming at me to open the door. He had just recently been served with papers for garnishment. He was drunk and completely crazy. I called 911 and managed to keep him there so he would get trespassed. As soon as LE pulled up, his demeanor changed entirely. There's other examples but this one is most stark.

Now, maybe it’s just me but THAT version of Brian, mastered act or not, greatly contradicts with the temper tantrum throwing madman narrative. So which is it? Because given what we’ve SEEN and what we KNOW to be true it’s not conceivable for him to be both of these people in my opinion.
/JMO
Of course he can be both of these people!

We all have different versions of ourselves at different times and people who are sociopaths/psychopaths and other such types will have honed these personalities to a tee, and can switch them in and off at will.

Total Jekyll and Hydes. That's why they get away with it for so long.

The Utah police didn't want to believe sweet lil' Brian would ever do an assault, despite a 911 call telling them otherwise.

Yet, as we now know, he was a DV practitioner and had rages of temper.

They have to be places to walk in to Canada thru the forest without going thru a check point station,
I wonder if the Laundries family has other family members in Kentucky, WestVirginia, Tennessee or in the Carolina mountain area’s, a person could live off the grid along time without being noticed in the rural areas, JMO

About 10 years ago, we had a home for sale in my neighborhood, which is rare. A couple of days before Christmas a truck pulls up, removes the sign and a family moves in. We are so excited, many take goodies to the family, the men jumped in and help move furniture, as we welcomed them. I made my famous pot roast for them.

We wake up three days after Christmas, the for sale sign is up, and the house us empty. To this day, the realtor nor the neighbors have any idea who these folks are. At the time, not one neighbor had a camera system, now the neighbor is completely covered by cameras.

I'm near the BRP/AT many vaction homes and cabins are lived in/broken into by unknowns, possibly traveling the AT.

Moo...

Great points, especially about Europe! It's just not possible to run away that easily right now.

Even Mexico - I know someone who was planning a trip to Cancun earlier this year but they had to be tested for Covid19 before the airline would let them on. She ended up in quarantine for over a week because her boyfriend tested positive. You can't just fly into Mexico right now as many people are assuming.

Also we don't even know if BL had a passport. My son had to get one to go on a Caribbean Cruise and it took weeks to get here.

Someone in a high-profile FBI case would need a fake passport to stay hidden, even on an island. BL doesn't strike me as a mastermind enough to hide that long.

You and I are on the same page:)

IMO it's impossible to hide, LE have helicopters with FLIR cameras. He might survive, but he's not Rambo. With FLIR he can't hide in a tent, tree, or even water.

I wonder what's all near by. Maybe they are too focused on the preserve and he in an undeveloped area nearby watching.

I also wonder how many empty houses are in the area. I have relative that are snow birds, and have empty homes there now.
Starting to think he’s helping them search ; )

It's the myth that keeps on giving about Florida, am I right?
well there are gators in most places and snakes too but they arent like mosquitoes and just show up on you the minute you walk into the woods or swamp. most snakes are nonpoisinous, so they might scare you to death but they are harmless, rattlesnakes and mocassins are the real culprits.

Could they have meant to say they knew the manner of death? Namely, homicide -- we've all heard that (preliminary) determination.
Or did they claim to know the cause of death -- in other words, what physical thing or condition caused her death? That's what the public doesn't know yet.

What is the Difference Between Cause of Death and Manner of Death?

JMO
NG and JW have been cultivating law enforcement sources for decades. Heck, the last time I had a question about the local death of a semi-public figure, I asked my co-worker whose husband is retired LE and he called the folks a couple towns over and they told him everything, he told her, and she told me. So I guess even I have "sources". It would not surprise me at all of those two both had the presumed COD. They probably didn't mean to spill anything prematurely, because I'm sure those sources are important to them.

I too believe the "3 day camping trip" was them bringing supplies to wherever it is he (they?) decided he'd hide out. He left 2 days after they returned for a hike and hasn't been seen since (9/14). I say that because I believe the trip was 9/10 (Fri) - 9/12 (Sun) by going what the neighbors across the street said ("over a weekend" and "one week to a week and a half after he returned" (which was 9/1)). 9/10 is approximately a week and a half after he returned on 9/1.

Also, I woke up unable to stop thinking about the milk his dad brought home. I find that odd that that's the ONLY thing he brought home. What about multiple bags of groceries? To me, something feels off about just 1 jug of milk. I can't stop thinking that the trip his dad made was to take care of something for Brian. What? I have no clue, but it seems like being seen with milk was just an excuse to cover up his reason for leaving the house. You'd think wiring money would be traceable and they'd have to know that so doubt that's it. I also think bringing Brian more supplies can't be it either as I doubt he'd be that close to home that his dad could have taken care of it in the short length of time it took to make 'a milk run'. Use a phone to make a call? I don't think it's that either. But even though I can't put my finger on WHAT it might be... I still think it was something and the milk was just a prop.

You are focused on the milk? Maybe they drink a lot of milk. The parents are not POIs. They can do pretty much as they please. What’s so off about going out to get a gallon of milk?

Before you listen to the cop cam again, please listen to the original 911 call (before the traffic stop) where he was seen slapping and hitting her on the sidewalk. By a passerby who stopped his own car and called the police on the public violence BL was inflicting on GB.

And before you just listen to the 2 lines in that 911 call that describe the incident from a passerby who has stopped their car on the corner by Main St., I suggest you also consider the other significantly more detailed witness account of the same incident by an individual directly across the street from the Moonflower... along with, of course, the bodycam footage.

To refresh:

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

So which is it?

/JMO
Well, he was highly motivated to present himself as the "calm guy" with LE breathing down his neck, and asking him "are you always this hyper", after a chase into the park, with him exceeding the posted speed limit by 25 mph. And calming himself down paid off; he was able to present Gabby as "crazy", and got himself taken to a shelter by LE for the night.

So one could argue, that at spontaneous moments without LE present, like in that restaurant, he was free to show his true colors.

Last edited:
I don't think we know either of those things. But I see it as highly likely that afterwards they were together in the hotel moo
Am I correct in saying that from August 12th, when GP and BL were separated to August 17th, when BL flew home, there are no sightings or info on either of them or the white van? Trying to get this straight in my head.

Oh it most definitely is possible to be both of those people.
I won't give personal examples as the mods have asked that we keep this to Gabby's story but abusive people can flip on a DIME. From docile and humble to raging violent lunatics. It's how they manage to abuse for lengths of time. The jekll and hyde is also part of what entraps victims. They think they're nuts because everyone else says "they're so nice!"
Except, when they aren't.

The scariest is seeing the flip on the dime BACK the ability to instantly tone themselves down when police arrive. Not all can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998