Found Deceased NV - Destiny Jackson 24, seen driving enroute to Vegas Strip, Las Vegas, 10 Sep 2021 *Arrest*

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Police searching for 24-year-old woman missing since Friday morning | KLAS (8newsnow.com)

Missing-woman-Destiny-Jackson.jpg

Family and friends say 24-year-old Destiny Jackson has been missing since early Friday morning.
  • The family describes her as Black and Samoan, 5’2″ tall with a petite build, and tribal tattoos on her shoulder and right arm.
  • She was last seen wearing a blue jacket and black romper.
  • According to family, she was last seen driving her 2010 gray BMW 328i license plate 5YFB825 and on her way to the Las Vegas Strip.
Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Destiny Jackson are strongly encouraged to contact the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department at (702) 828-3111, the Missing Persons Detail during business hours at (702) 828-2907, or by email at missingpersons@lvmpd.com.

Last edited:
Hmm, a homicide.:confused: Why isn't LE releasing details surrounding her death? I get the feeling this wasn't a random, opportunistic crime perpetuated by a stranger. I wonder who all knew she was headed to Vegas?

Destiny was only 24 years old.:( Such a sad ending. My thoughts and prayers go out to her loved ones. Rest in peace, beautiful.

Arrest warrant: Man accused of killing woman in Nevada desert wanted to steal her car

The man accused of shooting and killing a woman and leaving her body in the desert told investigators he wanted to steal her car so he could leave Las Vegas, according to an arrest warrant.

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police said Albertt Monterio, 21, was arrested over the weekend in Torrance, California.

During the interview, Monterio said he was living in Las Vegas and wanted to return to Southern California, but he did not own a car. He said answered a personal ad and met Jackson with the plan to steal her car, the warrant states.

He said while she was in the driver's seat, he said "I'm sorry" to Jackson and fired three shots. He then pushed her body out near Sloan and fled with her vehicle. [snip] “He looked her in the eyes and had no remorse for her and brutally killed her. She was the least person in this world that deserved that,” T. said.

614a5e41b49fd.image.jpg

#

Heartless monster. :mad: I get the feeling she's not his first victim. I hope LE is dusting off the files of some unsolved cases.

Totally unbelievable. When I read this I truly felt fearful for our country, society as a whole. For someone to plan this..oh, I want to go home but I don't have a car..then he plans this and can sit right next to her, a young innocent human being, and then just shot her in the head and chest multiple times, got her out her out, left her, and then took her car, cuz he didn't have one and wanted to go home. And he apologized before he shot her, really. WTF!! That's not evil, it's like being dead inside or something, idk, but is scares the he** out of me. Maybe someone can explain what it takes to do that. I have to remind myself daily that there are good people out there.

SEP 25, 2021
Man arrested in Torrance following pursuit was also wanted for Las Vegas homicide – Daily Breeze
[...]

An officer attempted to pull Monterio over after noticing minor vehicle code violations about 11 a.m., Ponegalek said. During a brief pursuit, Monterio hit a bump in the road, launching the car into several parked vehicles and another with a driver who was uninjured.

[...]

Officers ran the plate, which came back to a car wanted by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department in connection with the slaying of a woman whose body was found in a desert area by a hiker, Sept. 11, Ponegalek said.

[...]

Fox 5 Las Vegas, citing a Las Vegas police arrest report, said the suspect had been living in a short-term rental in Las Vegas, possibly while visiting his grandmother, but was from Southern California and wanted to head home.

[...]

He was driving the victim’s car a week later when he was spotted by the Torrance officer. After his arrest, police said they found his belongings, two handguns and the victim’s phone inside the vehicle, Fox 5 reported.

[...]

The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office filed charges of fleeing a peace officer, hit-and-run causing injury and resisting arrest against Monterio, who pleaded not guilty to those charges Tuesday, according to court records.

[...]

SEP 28, 2021
Coroner rules homicide in death of woman found in desert south of Las Vegas | News | fox5vegas.com
[...]

... She died of gunshot wounds of the head and torso in a homicide, the coroner ruled.

[...]

Jackson’s family says they want justice to the full extent and plan to be there every step of the legal process.

“He looked her in the eyes and had no remorse for her and brutally killed her. She was the least person in this world that deserved that,” Toleafoa said.

[...]

Case No. 21-CR-043961
State of Nevada vs. MONTERIO, ALBERTT, Jr

Charges: MONTERIO, ALBERTT, JrStatuteLevelDate
1. Open murder - with the use of a deadly weapon or tear gas [50001]200.010Felony09/10/2021
2. Robbery - with the use of a deadly weapon or tear gas [50138]200.380Felony09/10/2021
3. Kidnapping of minor, first degree [50053]200.310.1Felony09/10/2021

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back