Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Petito’s father, who lives in Florida, said the couple was in Salt Lake City on Aug. 21. He knows because he placed an Uber Eats order for them.

“There was a power outage. She said she didn’t have WiFi, so I ordered her some food,” Joseph Petito said. “I know it was in Salt Lake City. It was the last time I spoke to her.”​

Authorities searching for missing 22-year-old woman last seen in SLC
Thank you! So many articles and info. I can't keep up.

Yes, Brian is 5' 8", but the height of the guy in that picture is distorted by the camera angle. Look how short his lower legs seem to look. Seeing where that counter hits his torso is a better gauge... or the photo of him near the door. He's not real tall, nor as skinny as he seems to look. I sort of doubt that it's Brian, though. I'd guess that he'd wear a covid mask going into anyplace with cameras like that, but who knows...?

I'm sure he's lost a lot of weight between his pictures with Gabby up until now.

I stepped away. And I have same question. That’s all they have after autopsy? i guess they were able to establish her time of death to be before Sept 1. Not allowed to use dead person’s bank account. But seriously, what if his argument is that he didn’t know she was dead? And he had her permission and was using it all along?

The way I look at this warrant is that it opens up the FBI and LE to all kinds of rights and abilities to investigate everything associated with BL. It's like a stepping stone to eventual other charges, but lets them do whatever they want to get evidence right now, and to use resources to find him.

IMO

Generally speaking that last statement is not always correct. Varies by circumstances, jurisdictions, and of course prosecutor iCal discretion based on strength of case and other factors, but that type of homicide would often be charged as a type of manslaughter.

For coroners, labeling something as a "homicide" doesn't automatically imply intent - that's for a court to decide.

From the Medical Examiner's and Coroners' Handbook:

"Intent to cause death is a common element but is not required for classification as homicide.’’

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/misc/hb_me.pdf

Yes I would think so. But, I’m pretty sure LE were already on this when GP was reported missing as a way to try to locate her at first through bank transactions. Now LE can use it to build time of death and BL’s movements 8/29 going forward.
Almost the first thing they do.
They've known from the outset , I imagine.

It might if you are driving a gas guzzler! and being lax about what you eat, need to pay tolls, etc. I think it's conceivable. Maybe prepaid phone(s)/calling cards in there as well? Just speculating of course.
My mind went to car repairs, but phones and camping gear are both guesses.

I actually would have thought this was a violation of attorney client privilege, to contact a reporter and announce when the clients will be traveling to meet with him, especially in this extremely volatile atmosphere.
It is my understanding that he was responding to a text from Brian and it was after the fact.

Random thoughts about Brian & wildlife reserve.
John Walsh is speculating of course, just like many of us.
But I found his appearance on CNN compelling where he made the case for why he contends BL's parents' story is bogus about BL going to the preserve in the Mustang.
https://twitter.com/AC360/status/1440475736041672708
Or for those w/o Twitter access try:
John Walsh suggests family bought Brian Laundrie time to flee
In the 9/2-9/4 widow a neighbor says the family went camping with the truck and camper for 3 days.
A perfect opportunity for the parents to take (deliver) BL somewhere (of his choosing) where he can begin his attempt to evade discovery.
Did the investigators check the position of the driver's seat in the Mustang based on the height of father and son?

For example, I am 6'2" and my dad is 5'10".

No way he drives my car without moving the seat forward.
(Obviously if their heights are similar, this is not helpful.)

Sometimes it's the little things that become some of the most significant clues.

R.I.P. sweet Gabby.
I thought BL was seen mowing the yard and going on a bike ride with his mother. When did that happen?

Observation:

It is fundamentally unfair and irresponsible to belittle defense attorneys. Just because an attorney makes public statements matter of factly, without emotion, doesn't make him/her the devil. Like it or not, these attorneys are a big component of our legal system. We can direct our emotional response at BL, without character assassinating everyone else. Jmo

Does that mean that Homicide is a broader, umbrella term that encompasses Manslaughter too?
Yes. Wikipedia has a decent set of pages showing geberal distinctions among types of homicides. And terminology and charges vary a ton based on jurisdiction, circumstances, discretion.

Very interested to know what the other $700+ dollars were spent on. If he bought supplies to help him go on the run (like camping gear/burner phones/etc) on her card while driving across the country in his murdered girlfriends van, he better hope his parents hooked him up with a good lawyer.

Oh yeah. Everything for BL is pointing to guilt, guilt and more guilt, IMO. None of his actions we know of those of a man who was upset that his girlfriend was missing. These are the actions of a man who killed his girlfriend and knew he was in trouble and was running home to be helped out by Mom and Dad. I don't even see panic in these movements. I see deliberate fleeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member