TN TN - Oak Ridge, Melton Hill Lake, "Lady in the Lake", WhtFem 24-35, 272UFTN, ring w/cross, Mar'00

Looks like a hole in that band? Stone fell out?

What is the symbol beside the cross?

Wedding ring worn by a nun?

I get a lot of exercise jumping to conclusions, and when we don't have enough dots to connect I might invent a few. Yup.

jmho ymmv lrr

Who is Knoxville’s Lady in the Lake (2000)?

Oak Ridge PD, Knox County Regional Forensic Center, and Othram Team to Identify of Knoxville’s “Lady in the Lake”
Summary
In March 2000, a woman's body was discovered by fishermen in the Melton Hill Lake in Knoxville, TN and is believed to have entered the water from upstream. Investigators described the unknown woman as Caucasian and estimate that at the time of death, she was likely 24–35 years old.

Termed "The Lady in the Lake", the unknown woman had long brown hair and pierced ears. She had no jewelry or notable distinguishing marks. She was 5'9" and was found with no clothing on her body. The unknown woman had extensive dental work, including silver fillings, a porcelain crown, and possibly braces at some point. Investigators suspect that the unknown woman might have been a drowning victim and that she might have been drugged. Despite a lengthy investigation, she has remained unidentified.

The Oak Ridge Police Department and Knox County Regional Forensic Center have partnered with Othram with the goal of using advanced forensic technology to identify this woman or to find her family. If anyone has any information that could aid this investigation, they are encouraged to contact the Oak Ridge Police Department at (865) 425-4399, via email at PoliceTips@OakRidgeTN.gov. Please refer to medical exam case number 171107-197 or NamUs ID: UP2895. A DNASolves fund has been created to cover the costs of testing for this case.

About Othram Inc.
Othram is the world’s first private DNA laboratory built specifically to apply the power of modern parallel sequencing to forensic evidence. Othram’s scientists are experts at recovery, enrichment, and analysis of human DNA from trace quantities of degraded or contaminated materials. Founded in 2018, and located in The Woodlands, Texas, our team works with academic researchers, forensic scientists, medical examiners, and law enforcement agencies to achieve results when other approaches have failed. Follow Othram on Twitter @OthramTech or visit Othram.com to learn how we can help you with your case. Visit dnasolves.com to learn how anyone can make a difference in helping solve the next cold case.

This is interesting: NamUs was updated today with the info that Jane Doe was found wearing a 14k gold ring with a cross on it. I can't see this mentioned anywhere else, and in the article quoted in the first post in this thread, police stated that the body was found with no jewelry.

Here are the two photos of her ring.

Yeah, a ring!

Lady in the Lake's NamUs profile has been modified today, 3/25/22 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
She now has 16 rule outs listed. (with most recent added listed first)
MP118 Patricia Dixon 07/29/1999 Knox TN
MP8492 Rhonda Brown 01/16/2000 Pasco FL
MP38062 Barbara Wooden 10/23/1998 Hamilton TN
MP28556 Laurie Sibrell 11/05/1978 Williamson TN
MP9336 Donda Martino 06/30/1994 Hamilton TN
MP6136 Martha Green 04/15/1987 Dickson TN
MP115 Beatrice Coleman 05/08/1991 Shelby TN
MP15 Debra Murr 02/08/1983 Davidson TN
MP7306 Shannon Arif 03/17/1998 Montgomery TN
MP8282 Lisa Addington 05/16/1984 Tulsa OK
MP7584 Parley Pate 02/09/1993 Wake NC
MP12568 Patricia Kelley 08/19/1983 Bradley TN
MP490 Tina D'Ambrosio 06/11/1996 Maricopa AZ
MP281 Paula Merchant 01/03/1999 Richland SC
MP974 Patricia Schmidt 06/04/1985 Henrico VA
MP1091 Sharon Apgar 11/18/1999 Clermont OH

Looks like a hole in that band? Stone fell out?

What is the symbol beside the cross?

Wedding ring worn by a nun?

I get a lot of exercise jumping to conclusions, and when we don't have enough dots to connect I might invent a few. Yup.

jmho ymmv lrr
BBM - a circle with a triangle is a symbol used for AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) jewelry. This symbol looks a little more decorative to me, like there might be oak leaves at the top. It is odd they first said no jewelry on the body and then find a gold ring.

The mark beside the karat mark is for Friedman's Jewelers, according to my web search. Their main location is Atlanta but they have stores in other cities and are a very old company.

Sure hope this woman can be ID'd this year!

JMO

BBM - a circle with a triangle is a symbol used for AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) jewelry. This symbol looks a little more decorative to me, like there might be oak leaves at the top. It is odd they first said no jewelry on the body and then find a gold ring.

The mark beside the karat mark is for Friedman's Jewelers, according to my web search. Their main location is Atlanta but they have stores in other cities and are a very old company.

Sure hope this woman can be ID'd this year!

JMO
My ex-husband and I had matching rings exactly like this we bought them in 2000 at walmart so I would say this is probably where the ring came from they were sold in his and hers together. Which makes me think there is a male that has the other one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back