CA CA - Sydney “Syd” West, 19, Univ of CA student, San Francisco, 30 Sep 2020 #2

All of her Reddit posts are still up - it's really hard to get access to someone's reddit account unless you know both the password and the email they used to set it up.

She wrote:
... my parents spent 15k on a counselor and more on apps and i honestly just wanted to go to cc and transfer to cal or something bc i doubt imma get in this time around anyway, and since i moved from ca junior year, i lost my in state tuition and going to cc would be the only way to get it back... im so stressed bruh

if i dont get into my top schools imma be stuck going to some four year i dont want to...
Her Reddit post about “****ing up her internship” at her father’s company was deleted, as well as a post critical of her sister’s use of social media. Her parents confirmed on the official Facebook page that they deleted certain Reddit posts. She said that she had just gotten into Berkeley and her dad was excited for a second, then started acting weird and left, and she wanted to cry. I took a screenshot but don’t think I’m allowed to share it.

I’m surprised the one you found is still up!

Her Reddit post about “****ing up her internship” at her father’s company was deleted, as well as a post critical of her sister’s use of social media. Her parents confirmed on the official Facebook page that they deleted certain Reddit posts. She said that she had just gotten into Berkeley and her dad was excited for a second, then started acting weird and left, and she wanted to cry. I took a screenshot but don’t think I’m allowed to share it.

I’m surprised the one you found is still up!

Very quiet on the Sydney West Facebook page. Nothing alluding to next week being a year since she went missing. Doesn't appear like anything's being planned like a vigil etc. I hope her sister is coping okay. It's all been so strange and sad.

Very quiet on the Sydney West Facebook page. Nothing alluding to next week being a year since she went missing. Doesn't appear like anything's being planned like a vigil etc. I hope her sister is coping okay. It's all been so strange and sad.
Hopefully they will do some sort of vigil. I hope they will get some answers soon!

Still some media coverage.

There’s just a lack of evidence that she’s not with us anyone,” Jay West said. “We are going to keep looking.”

A 25,000 reward is being offered for anyone who has information that leads to her return. “Private investigator will determine reward payout”. Iirc, all prior rewards had expiration dates.
https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/find-sydney-west-bay-area-be college-student-missing-for-nearly-1-year/

Website still up, still requires “subscription” for full access. Instagram link broken. Facebook link only allows views if signed in. Youtube vids all posted 6+ months ago.
https://findsydneywest.com/

Anyone with information about Sydney should contact PI Scott Dudek. Text or call 925-705-8328.

Sydney Kaitlyn West – The Charley Project
West was last seen on September 30, 2020. A rideshare driver drove her to the Crissy Field area of San Francisco, California and dropped her off near the Golden Gate Bridge at 6:45 a.m. She has never been heard from again and it's uncharacteristic of her to be out of touch with her family.

After West's disappearance, her backpack with some of her belongings was found in an area on the Golden Gate Bridge that she liked to visit. She would visit there to admire the view, take photographs and go running. Although the bridge has security cameras, fog and poor air quality from nearby wildfires often obstructed the view on the morning West disappeared, and the footage offered little evidence as to what happened.

Since West's disappearance, there has been no activity on her cellular phone, bank and credit cards, and social media accounts. Her phone and her Bose headphones were not found with her backpack and have never been recovered.

Eight years of Dateline's Missing in America: 169 still missing

sydney_west_cropped.png

UC Berkeley student Sydney West has been missing since September 30, 2020. The 19-year-old was last seen at the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, California. After Sydney's parents were unable to reach her for several days, they first reported her missing on October 1 in North Carolina where they live and again in San Francisco on October 2. Police released security footage of the missing student from the day she disappeared. After months without answers, Sydney’s parents took to social media to announce a $10,000 reward for information that leads to their daughter’s whereabouts and return. The reward remains in effect more than a year later. Sydney’s great-aunt stressed to Dateline in February that it wasn’t like Sydney to just disappear without telling anyone and that their family is extremely worried. Sydney is described as being 5’10” tall and weighing 130 lbs. She has blonde hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a sweatshirt, dark-colored shorts, and slip-on blue Vans shoes. Anyone with information on Sydney’s whereabouts is asked to call the San Francisco Police Department 24-hour tip line at 1-415-575-4444, text a tip to TIP411 (begin the text message with SFPD.)

[QUOTE="CastlesBurning, post:
Police released security footage of the missing student from the day she disappeared. [/QUOTE]

So glad to read this. I had thought all video footage of her from the bridge, her hotel, etc. from that night/morning have all been kept private, which I never understood. But I'm glad to read at least something was released. Does anyone have it to share, because I've never seen it.

Sydney Kaitlyn West – The Charley Project
West was last seen on September 30, 2020. A rideshare driver drove her to the Crissy Field area of San Francisco, California and dropped her off near the Golden Gate Bridge at 6:45 a.m. She has never been heard from again and it's uncharacteristic of her to be out of touch with her family.

After West's disappearance, her backpack with some of her belongings was found in an area on the Golden Gate Bridge that she liked to visit. She would visit there to admire the view, take photographs and go running. Although the bridge has security cameras, fog and poor air quality from nearby wildfires often obstructed the view on the morning West disappeared, and the footage offered little evidence as to what happened.

Since West's disappearance, there has been no activity on her cellular phone, bank and credit cards, and social media accounts. Her phone and her Bose headphones were not found with her backpack and have never been recovered.
Does anyone have info on what she used to take pictures on? Ie her phone or an actual camera?

Her father says he is reviewing footage from a Chevron in Atlanta GA where someone says a Sydney lookalike was begging for change 2.5 months ago. Father says he received the footage on Friday. Would a gas station keep footage for over a month? For over 2 months?

I had seen an recent update on that comment a few weeks back that they tried to review the footage from the Atlanta Chevron but it had already been wiped after a couple of days. I tried to double check the exact comment but it seems the Until They Are Found video has been made private or deleted now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back