Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow sleuthers…I apologize if this has been mentioned or cleared up already but I am just now getting to check the site this evening. I have been watching other live outlets throughout the day and heard when the warrant was issued.

My question is, when did they release information about the parents going to a library? I knew they went to Orlando but a library specifically is new info to me. Is the library in Orlando?

IMO when I heard they went to Orlando and that the warrant was actually issued yesterday but released to the media today, I began to wonder to myself, where are the federal courts in Florida? The nearest to the Laundrie’s is Tampa and Orlando. I was wondering if maybe they needed to go to a federal court house to receive the news of the warrant and pursuance of indictment being released given the situation at their house. They wouldn’t go to the one in Tampa because it is too close to their home and everything that’s going on. I was thinking maybe they went to the federal courthouse in Orlando and received the information that it was about to be released to the public because I found it VERY interesting that they returned home from Orlando and about 30min or so later, the warrant was released to the media. Please know that I came to this possible theory in my head as the warrant got released to the public and when I didn’t know the parents were actually at a library. This is just my opinion of course. But I find it fishy they went all the way to Orlando and back and soon after the info about the warrant was finally released to the media. But I’d love the info about the library if someone could post a link.

I also thought about him possibly using the parents card…I know plenty of people who give their kids a card too for emergency money when needed. So my other theory was that maybe the parents gave up the information about him using their card to the feds and that is why they went to Orlando and conveniently returned back before news of the warrant was released IMO. But I soon later found out that the warrant was actually issued yesterday like I said, and released to the media today. So I’m not really sure about that theory anymore. Anyways. I still wanted to post my theories because ive been waiting all day to get on here to see yalls thoughts lol.

also related to cash back. you do have to use a debit card usually and have the pin to receive cash back instantly. I know some credit cards have this feature but you would also need a PIN to receive cash back even on a credit card. IMO she had a checking and a savings account linked to one card. It would explain the 2 accounts and 1 card situation. JMO I think it’s her accounts. Which we’ve kinda knew here early on that bank records showed activity to Florida. I don’t have a link for this. But this was talked about very early on here that he was using her card.

I’m glad that this federal warrant came out. It will allow all jurisdictions across the entire US the ability to arrest him if found.

Search for Brian Laundrie nearing an estimated cost of $1 million

NORTH PORT, Fla. – The president of a local search and rescue team said the search for Brian Laundrie could have a price tag of $1 million.

North Port Police said 75 people from 16 agencies searched the Carlton Reserve in Sarasota County Thursday. They had officers join the teams for the first time. Thursday marks the fifth day crews were searching in the reserve.

Crews used swamp buggies, drones, helicopters, ATVs, and airboats to search the area. The cost of all the people and machines adds up quickly.

They'd have to be dumber than rocks, not to suspect some sort of criminal activity. Did they seriously think Gabby was going to let him take her van and travel across the country, leaving her with nothing?
I'm sure they did suspect that very thing and that's why they contacted the lawyer who gave them the advice to not talk to LE. JMO.

Reading this latest hitchhiking account it seems Brian was hitchhiking with multiple people but only remaining in their vehicles for short periods of time. Almost like he couldn't stand to be in the car with anyone for longer than say 10-15 minutes or so and would start getting anxious like a caged animal. Strange too, if Miranda Baker* let him out at the Jackson Lake Dam at 6:09pm and then this Norma Jean Jalovec is picking him up at "6:15pm or 6:20pm" near Pacific Creek Landing on Hwy 191 could Brian have gotten yet another ride from someone else whom hasn't come forward? That's at least an hour walk from the dam to Pacific Creek Landing I estimated on Google Maps. The way Brian abruptly gets out of the van at the entrance to Spread Creek Campground suggests to me he was getting very irritable and "over" being polite to those picking him up by this point. Not to mention returning to the scene of the crime and having someone drop him so close must have had his anxiety off the charts.
Was it a crime scene at this point or about to become one?

For a guy that can survive for weeks in the wild with only a package of cheese and peanut butter crackers, he sure has a hard time walking too far. Two rides he had to bum for a few miles of a walk?

I would, but then I'm British. :D

Where are ya hiking out in the States?

Oh, the Appalachians!

Nice, which bit?

Oh, just a little bit of it. :rolleyes:

You're right, you can't refer to a huge long mountain range that runs almost the entire height of the US, through 14 states from Maine to Georgia as one place. Appalachia is many different things to many different people.

Seems to me people say both

cool little documentary it was called the Appalachians it seems from early on

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783320/

there is even a hiking web site...

https://www.hikingtheappalachians.com
Welcome to Hiking the Appalachians and Beyond! The mission of this website is to provide concise directions to the thousands of hikes, waterfalls, and views found across the Southeast, and to inform more people about them. Back in early 2014, I had just began to explore the Southeast's lesser-known hiking trails and natural areas.

Last edited:
I’m sorry to say I haven’t been online - but I will say that considering the charges I would not be surprised if he helped himself to the parent cards (we keep ours in a bowl because we trust the people in our house) if they were available
JMO

In that case I think the parents would have had to say he used it without their permission, and I can't see them testifying to that, honestly.

I guess the length of time it took for her to be reported missing may have given him hope that he pulled it off. And by that time he had time to formulate a plan. I don't see him committing suicide, he had days to do it and didn't.
IMO, from the time he murdered her he realized he had to figure out a plan, a BIG plan. That's when he contacted his parents. His parents also realized they all need a BIG plan, then contacted a lawyer. Lawyer advised - stay silent and take the Fifth.

First thing I noticed was radio silence from his family, and pre-lawyering up for advice on the Fifth Amendment. I'm assuming the family's legal advice was used to buy as much time as possible. By not talking, you don't box yourself into a story. Had her remains never been found, the Laudrie's could just said - it's too bad, she just ran away from the camper and was never seen again. They might have even insinuated suicide.

Once Gabby's remains were found the entire game changed, LE announced there had been a homicide. The Laundrie's needed another story and quick.

I also think the Mustang in the Preserve story was a decoy. BL was long gone. I believe they did though initially toss lots of GP's things there to create distraction.

JMO, MOO, etc.

Last edited:
For a guy that can survive for weeks in the wild with only a package of cheese and peanut butter crackers, he sure has a hard time walking too far. Two rides he had to bum for a few miles of a walk?
I'm betting he was getting witnesses to see him "away" from the campsite as part of an alibi-building strategy

I do it all the time. We only have one supermarket and it's not too far from the trail but I've often given hikers rides from the market to the trailhead so they don't have to walk along the road. I generally offer rides to couples or solo woman hikers. Guys I leave to the guys!

I think it’s really common among camping / hiking / recreational areas. People look out for each other.

They'd have to be dumber than rocks, not to suspect some sort of criminal activity. Did they seriously think Gabby was going to let him take her van and travel across the country, leaving her with nothing?

Oh, he probably concocted some story about how they split up, left him the van, and she's gone off to see California/Arizona/Nevada with a new boyfriend with an RV.

I think that Bertolino got wind of what happened today and that is why he flew to Orlando meeting with the parents and a new criminal defense attorney that he arranged. He realizes things are about to get real, and soon.

As far as the library trip, I think they possibly arrived in Orlando earlier than expected and went there waiting for Bertolino to contact them. She was seen on the phone in the library.

Maybe it was exactly that: a pitstop. In most libraries IME you can't speak loudly. If you were having a powwow with an attorney about your son being wanted by the FBI, the whole library would be all ears! Nope, no privacy!
I actually think they might have gone in there to email BL. They might have assumed an email from a library would be hard to trace, but if you recall from the gruesome murder of Cornell-Duranleau a library contributed to catching the perp and his co-criminal.
Professor killed boyfriend as part of sexual fantasy, prosecutors say

The professor-perp wants to go to trial. This will be one of the grossest murders to follow on WS IMO, maybe ever.

Maybe they left a note for BL in a Chuck Palahniuk book.

MOO

The mother must not have cared who he married, just that he married, because her actions show no attachment, what-so-ever to Gabby...Or concern or care for Gabby's family. Seems Gabby was nothing more than a raw piece of meat, for their mess of a son.
That's unfortunate and it might imply that the parents of BL knew what he was capable of ?
This homicide aka murder was sadly entirely preventable.
Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member