*Crime-related TV shows to watch TODAY!*

Tonight (Friday) at 9:00PM on NBC's Dateline:

Sex, Lies, and Murder
(4/9)When a woman is found dead in her SUV, the investigation into her murder reveals a tangled web of sex and lies; interviews about the prominent family's dark secrets.

Discussion of Bashara case: GUILTY - MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #6 | Page 13 (websleuths.com)

IIRC, our own @Bravo went one day to that trial. I followed it daily. I may be mixing up WS'er. Master Bob... I missed seeing this post, I'll see if I can pull up on my demand to view. Was it a rehash of other programs and already seen interviews etc.?

(I"m finding that more and more these days on shows I watch.. it's *I've seen all this before* yet a new program)

The Serpent: How Herman Knippenberg helped bring French serial murderer Charles Sobhraj, Asia's 'Bikini Killer,' to justice - CNN

“The scene at the police mortuary in Thailand's capital, Bangkok, on March 3, 1976, remains clear in the mind of former Dutch diplomat Herman Knippenberg. He says it was the most shocking thing he saw in 30 years of foreign service, and sparked a decades-long personal endeavor to bring the alleged killer to justice.

"I had the feeling that I was stepping outside of myself -- that I'm on the side, watching the scene," he recalled in an interview earlier this year.
Knippenberg would later learn the Dutch couple in the morgue were among at least a dozen people Charles Sobhraj admitted to killing -- though he later recanted. "The Serpent," a new BBC/Netflix drama series coming to the streaming service in April, tells how for years, Sobhraj evaded the law across Asia as he allegedly drugged, robbed and murdered backpackers along the so-called "hippie trail" -- and how for years, Knippenberg worked with authorities to capture him.
Sobhraj is now serving a life sentence in a Nepalese jail for killing two tourists in 1975. But many of his alleged murders remain unresolved -- and for Knippenberg, the case still doesn't feel completely closed.“

(courtesy via @FrostOwl from this thread:
Thailand / Nepal - Charles Sobhraj, murdered backpackers, 1975/1976)

IIRC, our own @Bravo went one day to that trial. I followed it daily. I may be mixing up WS'er. Master Bob... I missed seeing this post, I'll see if I can pull up on my demand to view. Was it a rehash of other programs and already seen interviews etc.?

(I"m finding that more and more these days on shows I watch.. it's *I've seen all this before* yet a new program)
Yes I was there. Twice actually. Good for you to remember. First time ole Bob collapsed before Court so the day got cancelled. Went the 2nd time. Full day of Court. I know Michigan well due to Family there and attending Plays, Musicals so I was comfortable crossing border etc. Reporters in front of us were great to chat with and the one Defense Atty. Lillian (Last name?) passed out mints as it seemed everyone in the 1 st couple of rows were getting over colds LOL

Tonight (Friday) at 8:00PM (Eastern) on Lifetime:

Casey Anthony's Parents Speak

Elizabeth Vargas George Anthony Cindy Anthony
(2018)Ten years after the tragic disappearance and mysterious death of Caylee Anthony, her grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony, open up to Elizabeth Vargas about the intimate and heartbreaking details of their lives a decade after everything went wrong.

Tonight (Friday) at 8:00PM (Eastern) on Lifetime:

Casey Anthony's Parents Speak

Elizabeth Vargas George Anthony Cindy Anthony
(2018)Ten years after the tragic disappearance and mysterious death of Caylee Anthony, her grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony, open up to Elizabeth Vargas about the intimate and heartbreaking details of their lives a decade after everything went wrong.

I missed seeing this until now. I googled EV and Anthony, and didn't come up with which show on Lifetime it was on. I can do on demand to pull up if I know name of show. TIA if anyone can help as google failed me.

I missed seeing this until now. I googled EV and Anthony, and didn't come up with which show on Lifetime it was on. I can do on demand to pull up if I know name of show. TIA if anyone can help as google failed me.

That is the name of the show: Casey Anthony’s Parents Speak.

Tonight (Friday) on Lifetime:

Prosecuting Casey Anthony
8:00 - 10:00p
Rob Lowe Elizabeth Mitchell Oscar Nunez
(2013)Prosecutor Jeff Ashton (Rob Lowe) presents evidence against Casey Anthony (Virginia Welch), on trial in the murder of her 2-year-old daughter.

Cellmate Secrets
S1 Ep1Casey Anthony
10:00 - 11:03p
Angie Harmon Andy Streitfeld Amy Winter
In 2008, Casey Anthony was charged with first degree murder for the disappearance of her daughter, Caylee. in new interviews, Robyn Adams shares how Casey lured her into a friendship, and Silvia Hernandez's life was ruined because of the two women.

Last edited:
Tonight (Saturday) on Lifetime:

Gone Mom (2021)

8:00 - 10:03p
Annabeth Gish Warren Christie Gail Harvey
Police investigate Fotis Dulos when his wife, Jennifer, mysteriously disappears after driving their five children to school.

Untouchable: Drew Peterson
Rob Lowe Kaley Cuoco Cara Buono
(2012)Suspicion falls on police officer Drew Peterson (Rob Lowe) when his fourth wife (Kaley Cuoco) disappears.

Cellmate Secrets
S1 Ep2 Drew Peterson
Angie Harmon Andy Streitfeld Amy Winter
(6/11)In 2007, Drew Peterson was charged for murdering Kathleen, his third wife; new interviews with Drew's girlfriend, Nicole Speakman.

Lifetime movie tonight 8pm
Left for Dead: The Ashley Reeves Story

In 2006, 17-year-old Ashley Reeves (Anwen O’Driscoll) is left for dead in the woods following a brutal attack. After spending 30 horrific hours in the cold, gravely wounded, lying in the dirt, and paralyzed, the police find her alive. Her injuries are so severe that she must re-learn how to walk and talk. With no memory of what happened, she begins a long and painful recovery while searching her shattered memory to unlock the mystery of who did this to her.

Left for Dead: The Ashley Reeves Story | Lifetime
WS -
IL - Girl, 17, strangled, left for dead, Belleville, 27 April 2006

Last edited:

New York Prison Break: The Seduction of Joyce Mitchell
Penelope Ann Miller Myk Watford Joe Anderson
(2017)Prison employee Joyce Mitchell (Penelope Ann Miller) helps convicted murderers Richard Matt (Myk Watford) and David Sweat (Joe Anderson) escape from the Clinton Correctional Facility in upstate New York in 2015.

Cellmate Secrets: Joyce Mitchell
Angie Harmon Richard Matt David Sweat
(6/18)Erik Jensen reveals the tactics used by two inmates to convince prison staffer Joyce Mitchell to help them escape from Dannemora prison in New York.

NY - Captured, escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #9 | Page 25 (websleuths.com)

Last edited:

Secrets of a Marine's Wife
Sadie Calvano Evan Roderick Andre Anthony
(2021)Friends, family and local law enforcement investigate the mysterious disappearance of Erin Corwin, a young pregnant woman married to U.S. Marine Jon Corwin.

Chris Watts: Confessions of a Killer
Sean Kleier Ashley Williams Michael Nankin
(2020)A man fails a lie detector test and confesses to brutally murdering his pregnant wife Shan'ann and their two young daughters.

Cellmate Secrets: Chris Watts
Angie Harmon Chris Watts
(6/25)Christa Richello is convinced Chris Watts is innocent and is writing a book with him and her now-fiancé, Dylan; Christa delves into her relationship with the two men, and Cheryln Cadle reveals information the FBI doesn't know.

Doomsday Mom: The Lori Vallow Story
8:00 - 10:10p
Lauren Lee Smith Marc Blucas Linda Purl
(2021)Suspicion falls on Lori Vallow and her husband, Chad Daybell, when their two young children disappear from their Idaho home in 2019.

Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret

Tania Raymonde Jesse Lee Soffer Tony Plana
(2013)Jodi Arias (Tania Raymonde) claims self-defense while on trial for the murder of her ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander (Jesse Lee Soffer).

Cellmate Secrets: Jodi Arias
10:03 - 11:03p
Brad Osborne Jodi Arias
(7/2)New information comes to light about Jodi Arias and the murder of her ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander, as her former cellmates and closest confidants give firsthand accounts of their time behind bars with the murderess.

Gone Mom: The Disappearance of Jennifer Dulos
10:03p - 12:01a
Annabeth Gish Warren Christie Gail Harvey
(2021)Police investigate Fotis Dulos when his wife, Jennifer, mysteriously disappears after driving their five children to school.

Last edited:
Let our members know about any crime-related TV shows that are being aired this week. This thread requires a brief description of the show along with a link to information on when and where the show will be aired. A link to the Websleuths case thread is helpful, but not required.

Thank you to BetteDavisEyes for this idea. :highfive:

John Walsh- In pursuit The savage solider episode explains some of the Catherine Blauvelt case.

John Walsh- In pursuit The savage solider episode explains some of the Catherine Blauvelt case.

I’m looking this up now. I wish I had FB, I had a fake acct when you all had the memorial in Simpsonville but they found me out and axed me after. I hate FB.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back