Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think any theory about this one, outside of he is guilty, is a huge leap and highly unlikely. The only alternative I can come up with here is that POSSIBLY he really did leave her in the van to work on her blog, etc and went hiking/camping. Maybe they called and sent texts back and forth. She may have sent something alone the lines of worrying about being followed, or creepy person or something and then he didn't hear anything else. (Or even something else, related them breaking up and her leaving...he may have taken the keys to prevent this from happening, and figured she hooked up with that friend) He gets back and she is gone. He can't reach her, figures she left, but he is worried. Waits a bit and then leaves. Realizes she is missing completely, and then her body is found. He knows it happened because he left to hiking/camping, can't handle the guilt, leaves his stuff behind and commits suicide. Highly unlikely, only a possible theory, not even really opinion, just alternate, remote, possible theory. All strange!

I had mentioned a few threads back that I had managed to come up with a theory that would fit the facts we knew at the time and it was similar to this. The other thing I had entertained was that Gabby/BL were witness to something criminal and then pursued/threatened. At this point, though, even if the latter had been the case, you'd hope that the parents would be cooperative with police.

Apologies if this has been addressed before. Feel free to scroll and roll!

I’ve been working this morning on annotating the body cam footage. (Three hours, and I’m only 22 minutes in, yikes!) I am not attempting a full transcription. Just kind of summarizing and taking a few quotes. Is anyone else working on this? Is there any interest in this on these threads? Maybe annotations exist somewhere else, and I’m spinning my wheels?

At any rate, I’m happy to type it up for our members if there is interest when I am finished. Don’t want to clog up the threads with replies if there is a lot of interest, so maybe just like this post or tag me in your next post, or dm me to let me know. Thanks, all.

I think he lost his mind for about a day (e.g., the hitchhiking event) and finally collected his wits. He was scared and probably mourning. He ran home to his mother. On the way he collected cash for gas, food, etc. He got home and realized it was over. He had time with his parents, was too craven to notify Gabby's parents, went to the preserve and ended his life.

He probably felt that life without Gabby was a life not worth living.

Alas, the tragedy was complete.
As MassGuy said last week:

"There is a pattern here.

Brian's parents never report Gabby missing, despite her van being parked outside their house for days and days.

They know Brian and Gabby left together, and should be returning together.

A desperate family reaches out to them, and they callously ignore those messages.

Brian disappears, and they delay reporting his disappearance for a couple days.

They refuse to speak to law enforcement, while a frantic search is taking place across the country.

Gabby's family continues to make gut wrenching pleas for the Laundrie family to do the right thing, and they are met with tone deaf remarks from the Laundrie's attorney, and silence from the Laundrie family.

I see no innocent explanation here."

It’s disturbing though that the FBI has stated that they don’t believe he’s in the nature reserve where they’re searching.

I was just about to post the same thing. The FBI thinks he's NOT there...hmm.
Maybe Le is just seeking a phone or dropped/planted evidence.

"He also said that he doesn't believe the FBI expects to find Laundrie in the swamp and noted that the bureau likely recovered location data from the Laundries’ Ford Mustang and is probably monitoring friends and relatives who could potentially aid him on the run."

Gabby Petito case: Where could Brian Laundrie be 10 days after slipping away?

I think he was just repeating what the indictment said, wasn't he?

Not that I think he was questioning the death of Gabby, in any way, but that is how I read it.

Sure, but lawyers typically don't give an inch. There's no reason to acknowledge that she was already dead by August 30th when we all know he could bring in a shady expert to say it had to be at least a few days later.

I agree that her death would essentially nullify any agreement they may have had while she was living, but it wouldn't be hard to argue that he didn't know she was dead. Remember, to this point, there isn't any physical evidence linking him to her death or the crime scene. The whole, "i went hiking and she was gone when I came back" alibi is still plausible; not reasonable or likely, but plausible.

I'm curious to know what the "> $1000" actually represents. I'm guessing he cleaned out the account, bought gas and snacks, etc.

BBM *That we know of. LE likely has much more than has been released at this point.

Fast question and if repeating I apologize ( You are all so awesome here...this is a thread shaking and baking !!): have any of his friends from school or "life" spoken out at all ?? Usually people love to talk and insert themselves into a story.

I still don't think BL has killed himself or that he will. He gives me major Chris Watts vibes.
I really hope he is found soon, it's so frustrating that he is still out there.

He absolutely wont kill himself. I feel like he's somewhere watching and enjoying the attention. He thinks he is smarter than LE.(Looking at current circumstances, he does appear to be winning but not forever) When he is caught he will say something like "I let them catch me" and continue with his smug expression.

True, but wouldn't people protect their pooches by not letting them run free and be bear-bait?
Oh yes, but people do often just go wandering. We often, when exploring in a camp spot, let the dog lead and we just bop around and wander. And yes, we carry bear spray, whistles, and other personal protection.

As MassGuy said last week:

"There is a pattern here.

Brian's parents never report Gabby missing, despite her van being parked outside their house for days and days.

They know Brian and Gabby left together, and should be returning together.

A desperate family reaches out to them, and they callously ignore those messages.

Brian disappears, and they delay reporting his disappearance for a couple days.

They refuse to speak to law enforcement, while a frantic search is taking place across the country.

Gabby's family continues to make gut wrenching pleas for the Laundrie family to do the right thing, and they are met with tone deaf remarks from the Laundrie's attorney, and silence from the Laundrie family.

I see no innocent explanation here."

ZERO.
No one with a soul would callously ignore a mother's/father's plea to know where their child is.

I'm still interested in knowing why the back of their van was so trashed during their traffic stop. Might be normal for things to fall/move around given the terrain/the way they were driving? Perhaps thats how it always looks when they stop and they have to put everything in it's place once they've settled...

@Slamalam my apologies, i got the date wrong! He was sighted at the Jackson gas/petrol station on the 29th at 11pm. He exited the highway near his home at 10:30am on the 1st. The drive is 36 hours, so this fits perfectly with my theory that he drove straight home without sleep and without stopping.

Told his parents, they got a lawyer, and have been unable to speak since.

This woman says she picked him up and dropped him at the spread creek camping area. He probably thought about what to do for 4-5 hours, and then freaked out and drove straight home.

So here's the theory.

1. She was killed on the 29th during the day.
2. He hiked to the town afterwards, had a shower.
3. He hitchhiked back, but when he realised the first woman turned off on the wrong road (not the highway leading to the van), he freaked out and got out.
4. He was picked up by a second woman and dropped back to the gates of the teton camping area where the van was / Gabby's body was.
5. He packed up / thought about what to do for a few hours / freaked out. Headed out before 11pm.
6. 11pm he was seen on CCTV at Jackson gas/petrol station filling up car and rambling to himself.
7. He drove straight home on no sleep / adrenaline / fear. It is nearly EXACTLY 36 hours from the last sighting to the time he turned off the highway near his home at 10:30 am.
8. Told his parents.
9. They took him camping from 2-9th to work out what to do. Came home, lawyered up and couldn't speak to police due to legal advice.

That's a great time line. I still think it's possible she took a couple of days to die. Like hit her head during an argument, had bad head wound, was unconscious, maybe he thought she'd recover but instead she eventually died, and that's when he left because he really didn't know what else to do. She was probably dying in the van the whole time he was hiking around, trying to decide what to do. She finally died on the 29th and that's when he moved her, and then left. That would still be murder.

All speculation.

Let's hope he's found today or very soon.

I’ve obviously never killed someone, but I damn straight wouldn’t put the body anywhere near the vehicle.

No, nor me. I'd have hidden a body deep in the forest.

I can't believe he left Gabby just a few hundred metres/yards/feet from the van, but here's why I think he did:

It makes me think the murder wasn't planned, and he lost his temper (more so than usual) went berserk and he killed her pretty much where she was found. The argument may have started at the van, and she ran from him.

If it was cold, calculated and planned, he'd have hidden her body deep in the forest, or elsewhere.

And he obviously didn't want to move her body, because the 2 vehicles that came along while the van was parked up scared him off and he was afraid he'd be witnessed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member