Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I think the swamp was a well thought out diversion. I don't think he ever went in there. ...<clipped for clarity>

...Anybody who has hiked in the south, or even driven through those states will appreciate that there are thousands and thousands of sq. miles of forest where you could hide very easily and not be uncomfortable if you pre-positioned a well outfitted hiking pack.

Sure, but BL could be in any state and get lost in the woods. If he really wants to live in the woods. But does anyone think he can do that for long? I think the boredom level for BL would have to be getting pretty high about now. He can't go anywhere or talk to anyone or do anything or eat at a restaurant. How is he getting water and food? Everyone needs food, even if BL can supposedly live on nearly nothing. Does anyone think he really wants to be eating crackers and insects for months on end? He can't even build a fire and cook anything or stay warm by a fire without fear of being spotted. That's a bit different than going on the AT and camping normally, building a fire, etc. It can get cold in the south in the winter, even freeze and snow.

This is what I'm having trouble with: Why did he sit around for 10 days? He could have flown anywhere in the world that didn't have extradition laws.
I think he has never made any major life decisions without his parents guidance and is heavily dependent on their emotional support. Mom and dad maybe have always protected him from consequences. In denial, act like everything is fine and maybe it will turn out that way. As others have stated, maybe he gave his parents some BS story and not until they were contacted by Gabby’s parents were they aware something was wrong. Then the case exploded and the whole world is watching.
MOO

No, nor me. I'd have hidden a body deep in the forest.

I can't believe he left Gabby just a few hundred metres/yards/feet from the van, but here's why I think he did:

It makes me think the murder wasn't planned, and he lost his temper (more so than usual) went berserk and he killed her pretty much where she was found. The argument may have started at the van, and she ran from him.

If it was cold, calculated and planned, he'd have hidden her body deep in the forest, or elsewhere.

And he obviously didn't want to move her body, because the 2 vehicles that came along while the van was parked up scared him off and he was afraid he'd be witnessed.
I agree, the proximity of the body to the van does seem significant. But what also seems significant in regards to that, imo, is how long the van sat there. If BL killed GP prior to the 29th, why would he leave the van in place and go hiking, only to then risk coming back to the van hours or days later? With other campers in the campground, it would have been all too easy for someone to have come across her body while he was hiking. And why would he want to hitchhike and be seen by more than one person, then be dropped off at the very campground where he knew the body was? I don't buy he tried to plan this as an alibi. If that was the case, he would have no reason to then run.

The more I stew over these details, the more I'm leaning towards what I posted on page 1 of this thread. I think they camped at Spread Creek after their visit to Jenny Lake. On the 27th, they ran to Jackson for money and lunch, planning to head to Yellowstone next. But something happened at Merry Piglets that caused a fight which continued to the campground, so BL left in a huff to hike, for a break, leaving GP alone at the campground, maybe with no phone or phone service. He hitchhiked back on the 29th by 6:30ish pm, got in another fight with GP for ditching her there, and that fight lead to her death. He panicked, picked up camp, packed the van, headed for Jackson to get gas, and booked. JMO.

Again I ask - Can BL and parents be charged by Florida LE for interstate transportation and possession of a stolen vehicle between the time of Gabby's death and seizure of the vehicle by NPPD?

It could be because Anthony wasn't missing and the parents had called 911 and appeared to be cooperating. Exact opposite of BL's parents.

No, IF there was any obstruction in that case, it occurred later on. Also since Casey was found not guilty on the main charges, I don't believe the parents could be accessories on those. So lots of differences.
JMO

I read the account, by a woman driving alone who said she decided to pick up Landrie while he was hitchhiking. I have doubts about her story, because I can not imagine, in this day and age, why a woman alone would pick up a man hitchiking. What do others think? Is this woman telling the truth. Below are excerps from the article:

"Jalovec described having the same small talk with Laundrie that Baker reported in her TikTok. He told her that he spent time hiking near Snake River and that he had a fiancée. He told her he had seen elk and moose but no bison, and when he asked her if she needed any gas money, she said no.

The 23-year-old asked Jalovec to drop him off at the gate of the remote campground, which has a single dirt road that extends miles to various camping sites in the area; at 6:30 p.m. MT in August, there would have still been some daylight to see into the camping area. Jalovec responded saying she could drive him inside, which is when he tried to "get out of the moving car," she said.

"I can't explain why I was there," Jalovec said of her decision to go to the church in Grand Teton that day and pick up a hitchhiker. "It was something I don't typically do. I don't pick up hitchhikers in Florida. I've gotten so much s--- from family and friends for picking up a hitchhiker."

This lady mentioned BL picking up her bible when it fell off the dash. I assume LE have fingerprinted it to corroborate story and help with timeline. I also imagine they have seen if his phone movements match (if it went with him on the hitchhike)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects