Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
North Port Police Public Information Officer Josh Taylor, when asked by Fox News on Friday morning to comment on criticisms like these, said "because of the ongoing investigation and importance of the timeline in this case, we cannot disclose full details on what all investigators were and are working on.

"We have never indicated what surveillance techniques have been involved in this case," he added.

He alluded to the criticisms in a press conference last Saturday – the day before Petito’s body was found in the Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.

"Brian is a resident of this community. Brian was not a suspect in a crime, Brian was a person of interest in a missing person [case], we are not following him everywhere he is going. There has been some of that conversation floating out there and that is just not how it works," Taylor told a reporter as police were starting their first day of searching for Laundrie inside Sarasota County’s Carlton Reserve.
Brian Laundrie search: North Port police under fire as Gabby Petito person of interest remains elusive

If that were the case wouldn't it stand to reason that more people in that area would have seen or heard something and come forward by now? That camping area was full. Thats why red, white and bethune turned around and left
I agree, but just want to share that such a thing wouldn't have had to be witnessed in the campground or even in that town. They were recording a lot, so it COULD have been elsewhere. Personally looking forward to more information releases.

I agree, the proximity of the body to the van does seem significant. But what also seems significant in regards to that, imo, is how long the van sat there. If BL killed GP prior to the 29th, why would he leave the van in place and go hiking, only to then risk coming back to the van hours or days later? With other campers in the campground, it would have been all too easy for someone to have come across her body while he was hiking. And why would he want to hitchhike and be seen by more than one person, then be dropped off at the very campground where he knew the body was? I don't buy he tried to plan this as an alibi. If that was the case, he would have no reason to then run.

The more I stew over these details, the more I'm leaning towards what I posted on page 1 of this thread. I think they camped at Spread Creek after their visit to Jenny Lake. On the 27th, they ran to Jackson for money and lunch, planning to head to Yellowstone next. But something happened at Merry Piglets that caused a fight which continued to the campground, so BL left in a huff to hike, for a break, leaving GP alone at the campground, maybe with no phone or phone service. He hitchhiked back on the 29th by 6:30ish pm, got in another fight with GP for ditching her there, and that fight lead to her death. He panicked, picked up camp, packed the van, headed for Jackson to get gas, and booked. JMO.

Read the Chuck Palahniuk books and you will see why he would keep a corpse around!

disgusting and disturbing to say the least

I wonder how many threatened and endangered species in the reserve are being trashed... Maybe the EPA should step in and take control of the activities in the reserve.
I believe more will be said about what the search is doing to harm Carlton Reserve.
You can't just repair damage done to a fragile environment.
Lots of wildlife habitat is being disturbed too.

No matter where he is, I hope that BL is found today and the search can end!

His height may go against him because I know here in the UK, 5ft 8 is considered very small for a man. Not sure how that height compares to average heights in the US?
Wow, I did not realize he was well..... short. The US is like the UK in regards to height. Young to upper middle aged men who are 5ft 8 inches stand out as being short. Not dramatically so, but they do stand out.

I have a question concerning all the evidence markings where Gabby was found. Why are they so spread out? Do you feel she was running? I am trying to understand why there are so many.

It could be bore holes/swabs on logs and rocks as a comparison to a potential murder weapon. It sadly, and I hate to say it, be because animals spread things around

This is what I'm having trouble with: Why did he sit around for 10 days? He could have flown anywhere in the world that didn't have extradition laws.

Do we know for sure that he sat around for 10 days? No one seems to have actually seen him since around Sept. 3 IIRC. Its possible he was long gone before Gabby was reported missing, and he was "relocated" by Mommy and daddy! Moo

Last edited:
Where do you see 1.200'?? FDC 1/2893 1/2893 NOTAM Details
Is that too high to see much? What would be the purpose? I don’t have experience in this area but that seems high
What do you mean?
Sorry if I quoted the wrong person. Someone was asking if his friends have started to speak out. I wasn’t saying that they had anything negative to say but this is the first article I have read that actually quoted one of his friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa