Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #100

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 people who got COVID-19 booster shots share what it felt like to get an extra vaccine dose

8302dd95196565bd4cff088aa8f3777a

More than 21,000 people who've received a third dose of Pfizer or Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine shared their side effects with the CDC. CDC ACIP meeting, September 22, 2021.

Steve Walz, head of international relations at Israel's Sheba Medical Center, spoke to Insider after his third dose of Pfizer. "The only thing that bothered me was I was extremely tired for 24 hours," Walz, who is in his 60s, said. "That's it. I didn't have any of those shakes, fevers, or all the other reactions that most people have. I guess I'm fortunate."

Alec Lynch, who's 21 and on medication that affects his immune system, said he was "just out of commission for a day," laying in bed after he got a third shot of Pfizer in August. Lynch described feeling "tired and achy" and "kind of gross" but without a fever.

32-year-old Andy Sparks who boosted his single shot J&J vaccine with a shot of Moderna said his arm hurt "way worse" after the Moderna boost than with the initial J&J.

Katie Bent, 30, boosted her J&J with Pfizer and said after that second shot she was so tired she slept for 15 hours, whereas with the J&J she was just "a little tired and sore afterwards."

Arm pain and swelling
By far the most common side effect felt after a third COVID-19 dose is arm pain at the injection site.

Fatigue and other muscle aches (myalgia) are also common in the week after a third mRNA injection.

Data that Pfizer presented to the CDC this week also suggested that more people may have swollen lymph nodes after a third dose of the vaccine than with a first or second, but that is temporary, and only happened about 5% of the time in their trials.

Good information: thanks for posting it!!!

At an Overrun ICU, ‘the Problem Is We Are Running Out of Hallways’

expansion.jpeg

Billings Clinic emergency department manager Brad Von Bergen and Dr. Jaimee Belsky discuss options for additional space in a hallway there. The hospital’s intensive care unit was operating at 160% capacity that day. (BILLINGS CLINIC)

What’s different from the early scenes of the pandemic is the public’s response.

Not so long ago, the cheers of community support could be heard from the hospital parking lot. Now, tensions are so strained that Billings Clinic is printing signs for its hallways, asking that the staff members not be mistreated.

Intensifying that, he said, are patients or their loved ones mistreating doctors and nurses. Threats have on occasion required a police response. Screaming, profanity-laden insults are a daily occurrence. One patient threw his own feces at a doctor. Some, even in the face of an intubation tube, question the need to be vaccinated or the effectiveness of the medicine being prescribed.

Dr. Sara Nyquist, an emergency medicine physician, said she has been asked by a patient if she is a Republican or a Democrat.

“I said, ‘I am your doctor,’” she recalled. “You do wonder how we got here.”

At an Overrun ICU, ‘the Problem Is We Are Running Out of Hallways’

expansion.jpeg

Billings Clinic emergency department manager Brad Von Bergen and Dr. Jaimee Belsky discuss options for additional space in a hallway there. The hospital’s intensive care unit was operating at 160% capacity that day. (BILLINGS CLINIC)

What’s different from the early scenes of the pandemic is the public’s response.

Not so long ago, the cheers of community support could be heard from the hospital parking lot. Now, tensions are so strained that Billings Clinic is printing signs for its hallways, asking that the staff members not be mistreated.

Intensifying that, he said, are patients or their loved ones mistreating doctors and nurses. Threats have on occasion required a police response. Screaming, profanity-laden insults are a daily occurrence. One patient threw his own feces at a doctor. Some, even in the face of an intubation tube, question the need to be vaccinated or the effectiveness of the medicine being prescribed.

Dr. Sara Nyquist, an emergency medicine physician, said she has been asked by a patient if she is a Republican or a Democrat.

“I said, ‘I am your doctor,’” she recalled. “You do wonder how we got here.”

So unfortunate to need signs asking for staff not to be mistreated. Be respectful, or suffer at home. Just my two cents.

So unfortunate to need signs asking for staff not to be mistreated. Be respectful, or suffer at home. Just my two cents.

It is appalling. I look for information and get inundated with all these articles talking about how much abuse medical and school personnel are dealing with in meetings, at the school drop off, in emergency rooms, in hospital rooms etc...

That's why I post a little bit of it because it is happening, it is out there, and it's important to be aware of it.

A daily pill to treat Covid could be just months away, scientists say (nbcnews.com)

At least three promising antivirals that could prevent symptoms and limit transmission of Covid-19 are in clinical trials.

Within a day of testing positive for Covid-19 in June, Miranda Kelly was sick enough to be scared. At 44, with diabetes and high blood pressure, Kelly, a certified nursing assistant, was having trouble breathing, symptoms serious enough to send her to the emergency room.

When her husband, Joe, 46, fell ill with the virus, too, she really got worried, especially about their five teenagers at home: “I thought: ‘I hope to God we don’t wind up on ventilators. We have children. Who’s going to raise these kids?’”

But the Kellys, who live in Seattle, had agreed just after their diagnoses to join a clinical trial at the nearby Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center that’s part of an international effort to test an antiviral treatment that could halt Covid early in its course...

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/vigilante-treatments-anti-vaccine-groups-push-people-leave

You won't believe this-- these looney anti-vaxxers are telling patients to leave the hospital if they are hospitalized with Covid and treat with Ivermectin and other
so called treatments at home and they are harrassing physicians and nurses.
Foolish snake oil salesmen
upload_2021-9-24_14-11-36.png

snake oil salesman

Your link isn't working so I found this - same article:
'Vigilante treatments': Anti-vaccine groups push people to leave ICUs

Some people in groups that formed recently to promote the false cure ivermectin, an anti-parasite treatment, have claimed extracting Covid patients from hospitals is pivotal so that they can self-medicate at home with ivermectin.

But as the patients begin to realize that ivermectin by itself is not effective, the groups have begun recommending a series of increasingly hazardous at-home treatments, such as gargling with iodine, and nebulizing and inhaling hydrogen peroxide, calling it part of a “protocol.”

On Tuesday, the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America put out a warning against nebulizing hydrogen peroxide.

Last edited:
Heh, I wonder how long before I.V. bleach is their recommended treatment.

View attachment 314467

snake oil salesman

Some people in groups that formed recently to promote the false cure ivermectin, an anti-parasite treatment, have claimed extracting Covid patients from hospitals is pivotal so that they can self-medicate at home with ivermectin.

But as the patients begin to realize that ivermectin by itself is not effective, the groups have begun recommending a series of increasingly hazardous at-home treatments, such as gargling with iodine, and nebulizing and inhaling hydrogen peroxide, calling it part of a “protocol.”

On Tuesday, the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America put out a warning against nebulizing hydrogen peroxide.

Heh, I wonder how long before I.V. bleach is their recommended treatment.

Don't forget the kitchen sink

List of unproven methods against COVID-19 - Wikipedia

Disinfection-related methods
Gargling, nasal rinses, and inhalation
Temperature
Radiation
Other disinfection-related methods
Protective equipment
Drugs of abuse
Commercial products
Traditional Chinese Medicine
Botanical claims
Religious and magical methods
Food and drink
Herbs and spices
Drinks and frozen foods
Meat
Dishes
Exercises
Use of existing medications unproven against COVID-19

View attachment 314467

snake oil salesman

Thanks for finding a good link!!!!

Doctor who has lost over 100 patients to covid says some deny virus from their death beds: 'I don't believe you'

Fri, September 24, 2021, 8:31 AM
4ee711bb72aab13fb1b3776860e93919

Matthew Trunsky is used to people being angry at him.

But when a well-regarded intensive care unit nurse told him during a recent shift that the wife of an unvaccinated covid patient had berated her when she informed the woman of her husband's deteriorating condition, Trunsky, who has lost more than 100 patients to the coronavirus, reached his breaking point.

When he got home that evening, he made himself a sandwich and opened Facebook.

Still sporting his black scrubs, he began to vent. He wrote about a critically ill patient who disputed his covid-19 diagnosis. Another threatened to call his lawyer if he wasn't given ivermectin, an anti-parasite drug that is not approved for treating covid. A third, Trunsky wrote, told the doctor they would rather die than take one of the vaccines.

One demanded a different doctor, "I don't believe you," he told the physician.

Trunsky said patients he sees give different reasons for not taking one of the vaccines. Some, he said, regret the decision - like a nursing mother who said she was concerned about how a vaccine might affect her newborn baby. Others, Trunsky said, remain convinced they made the right choice - even on their death beds.

Whatever their reasons, he told The Post, "they are paying the price, and they are getting mad at us."

And while he said it is easier to deal with appreciative patients than those threatening to sue if he will not give them ivermectin, he remains committed to treating anyone battling covid with the same level of care.

It is appalling. I look for information and get inundated with all these articles talking about how much abuse medical and school personnel are dealing with in meetings, at the school drop off, in emergency rooms, in hospital rooms etc...

That's why I post a little bit of it because it is happening, it is out there, and it's important to be aware of it.

In Melbourne here, a few hundred people have been protesting all week because construction workers are required to be vaccinated (high rate of covid among the construction workers, and there are multiple breaches of covid safety protocols among them).

Unfortunately, some low-down types have been joining the protests ... and have been spitting at - and harassing - healthcare workers who are going to and from work. The healthcare providers have been advised to not wear their uniforms to work, in the protest zone.

Disgusting behaviour, that we all find appalling.

"Enough's enough. This is just disgraceful behaviour at a time when healthcare workers are doing so much to protect the community and save lives"
"It's really sad in this day and age that staff have to remove a lanyard, remove a name badge or not wear their cohealth uniform to protect themselves."
Ms Bartholomeusz said that while staff were physically "OK", they were also shaken and distressed by the abuse.
Victoria Police arrest 92 protesters, as crowds fail to show for fourth day of rallies

In Melbourne here, a few hundred people have been protesting all week because construction workers are required to be vaccinated (high rate of covid among the construction workers, and there are multiple breaches of covid safety protocols among them).

Unfortunately, some low-down types have been joining the protests ... and have been spitting at - and harassing - healthcare workers who are going to and from work. The healthcare providers have been advised to not wear their uniforms to work, in the protest zone.

Disgusting behaviour, that we all find appalling.

"Enough's enough. This is just disgraceful behaviour at a time when healthcare workers are doing so much to protect the community and save lives"
"It's really sad in this day and age that staff have to remove a lanyard, remove a name badge or not wear their cohealth uniform to protect themselves."
Ms Bartholomeusz said that while staff were physically "OK", they were also shaken and distressed by the abuse.
Victoria Police arrest 92 protesters, as crowds fail to show for fourth day of rallies

If someone spits at you it is assault and LE will cuff 'em. Get it on video, prosecute them.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/vigilante-treatments-anti-vaccine-groups-push-people-leave

You won't believe this-- these looney anti-vaxxers are telling patients to leave the hospital if they are hospitalized with Covid and treat with Ivermectin and other
so called treatments at home and they are harrassing physicians and nurses.
I believe it. I’ve heard all kinds of Covid denying BS from people they were processing through the ER (You learn a lot by just listening and not saying a word)
Perhaps they should just stay at home?
JMO

Last edited:
A school photographer told a first-grader he could shed his mask. He politely declined: ‘My mommy told me not to.’ — The Washington Post

“Before this year’s in-person classes began, Peoples told her son about the covid safety measures she expected him to follow, she said. Mason, who lost his great-grandfather to covid earlier this year, agreed not to drink from the water fountain, to keep his mask on except when eating or drinking, and to regularly wash his hands, Peoples told The Post.”

“The morning of Sept. 7, Mason put on one of his best shirts and showed Peoples how big he planned to smile, his mother said.

“He was super excited,” she told The Post. “I was expecting him to go to school and take his beautiful picture. I thought that he’d show that big, beautiful smile. Instead, he came home with the cutest story.”

When Peoples and her husband received the picture earlier this week, the couple agreed they had to buy it, she said.

“The photo is just a great memory of what’s going on and how the kids are overcoming it.” Peoples said. She continued: “It has a really special meaning because it shows how proud he was to listen and to follow my directions. Even when I wasn’t there to remind him, he remembered.”

She added: “He remembers to wears his mask, and he does it proudly because he cares and because he doesn’t want to see anybody sick. I hope this does serve as a message to other people, to use this little 6-year-old boy as a symbol to remember to wear your mask out of the kindness of your heart.”

I believe it. I’ve heard all kinds of Covid denying BS from people they were processing through the ER (You learn a lot by just listening and not saying a word)
They should just stay at home.
JMO

Why don't they just stay home and take their Ivermectin and inhale hydrogen peroxide thru a nebulizer as recommended by Dr. Mercola? Leave all those beds for people who really need them and take care of themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle