Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the stop, they talked to a different witness by phone who said Gabby was hitting Brian, and didn't see Brian hit her.
I think they spoke to the witness directly. Then they heard on the scanner a white van and people fitting the description had been pulled over and went to the scene.

Perhaps in the beginning, it took off because she is beautiful and young and living an "insta-life" traveling the country in a van (very trendy). But if it were just that, everyone would have moved on by now.

At this point, I believe the intense interest is because this story is ABSOLUTELY BONKERS. And happening in REAL TIME.
Honestly, in general, I think most have moved on. It's a niche interest - for better or worse. This matter is far from headlines in Western New York State, for example.

Ugh. You can just picture how nasty/threatening BL was probably being towards GP right before finally pulling over for the cops. He may have said he'd beat her badly or even kill her if she ratted him out for his DV - it would explain why she felt the need to take the blame as soon as the interaction with the cops started.
What????

Do Mustang keys have a geo tracker? Maybe they do, or maybe it had one of those find my keyring thingies and thats what they are tracking. Because he left his phone at home.

No key fobs don’t have gps. He could easily have Gabby’s phone or another traceable device though. They may have traced the mustangs internal gps to the reserve etc. Car key fobs do not have gps tracking unless you buy an additional Bluetooth device that can ping it and add that on to the key ring. I purchased one for my SO who is always losing keys.

I've never heard of the REV transcript library, nor do I know who transcribed any of that. I'd invest some time in watching the cop cam. It's pretty long, but there is no substitute, IMO. The video, and the accompanying write up. See the discrepancies. Anyway, I'm outta here because we spent probably 15 threads on this, and I have nothing substantive to add.

Now, back to the swamp....I heard that even at golf courses in Florida it's known that alligators have nests underwater where they store the bodies of their victims or prey. There's no way to tell how many corpses are in those nests, nor is there a way to tell how many nests.

The cool part is you can click the timestamps and it takes you to that moment in the video.

During the stop, they talked to a different witness by phone who said Gabby was hitting Brian, and didn't see Brian hit her.
That was Christoper, the person who saw BL trying to drive away with her car and phone. And, Christopher said he heard her say "why do you have to be so mean". But, the point everyone is making is that the 911 call reporting BL slapping and hitting Gabby took place before Christopher's. Obviously anything Christopher saw was a reaction by Gabby to his violent attack on her and the attempted theft of all her belongings.

We unf
I can't remember the user's name who called in the tip about the man in the helicopter video, but I haven't seen it covered anywhere, did any MSM pick it up? No one seems to be talking about it online.

*Edited by me because I can't type today :)
We unfortunately do not know anything about the video. When it was shot, if it is from this case or just stock footage.

Why was BL... asking to go to Jackson? ...maybe he did want to go there...

the first time he wasn't sure she was going the right way..so hops out at Jackson Dam.. he wanted to go 191

then shortly later he is further down 191.. he must have gotten another ride to get to that point.

Then Norma Jean Stop asks Where does he want to go to ? Says Jackson again... she wasn't going that far? getting late so he says the campground as a 2nd choice.

Maybe he was planning of leaving the van right there. GP could have been outside for several days at that point...why take the chance of being in her van.... if she is found across the creek and he is inside the van...or traveling in the van.

Maybe Jackson was the nearest airport or place to rent a car and this was his first choice. At Colter Bay he was cleaned up and near empty backpack. There is a airport on 191 pass the campground about 20 miles but its called Jackson Hole Airport. ...JMO

I'm wondering if contact with parent happened...advise given...so the need for the attorney was as much for them as for BL.

Since we know BL was very upset going back into Merry Piglets as least 4 times to complain.... how bad could the bill be? Usually The Restaurant will side with the customer on things like that. This Seems more personal than a price of a margarita. JMO
I’ve eaten there - it’s a favorite of mine - and they’re reasonably priced.

Why was BL... asking to go to Jackson? ...maybe he did want to go there...

the first time he wasn't sure she was going the right way..so hops out at Jackson Dam.. he wanted to go 191

then shortly later he is further down 191.. he must have gotten another ride to get to that point.

Then Norma Jean Stop asks Where does he want to go to ? Says Jackson again... she wasn't going that far? getting late so he says the campground as a 2nd choice.

Maybe he was planning of leaving the van right there. GP could have been outside for several days at that point...why take the chance of being in her van.... if she is found across the creek and he is inside the van...or traveling in the van.

Maybe Jackson was the nearest airport or place to rent a car and this was his first choice. At Colter Bay he was cleaned up and near empty backpack. There is a airport on 191 pass the campground about 20 miles but its called Jackson Hole Airport. ...JMO

I'm wondering if contact with parent happened...advise given...so the need for the attorney was as much for them as for BL.

Since we know BL was very upset going back into Merry Piglets as least 4 times to complain.... how bad could the bill be? Usually The Restaurant will side with the customer on things like that. This Seems more personal than a price of a margarita. JMO
As to the Jackson requests.......I think he wanted to go TOWARD Jackson on 191 and he was going to abruptly tell the driver to let him out as soon as he recognized the camping area road. Did not want to tell them specifically where he was heading. LOL got way too close with the second ride and when she offered to take him to his campsite he got very weird and jumped out of the moving vehicle..........not suspicious, at all....... jmo

i feel kinda bad for the officers that did the store, thought they spent ample time with the couple and did the best they could do at the time with what they knew, i dont know what anyone expected of them, have you ever tried to keep a young girl away from their boyfriend?

It’s not too much to ask for LE that are trauma informed. Their actions would have looked much different that day if they had been.

They may have been able to get Gabby to leave him and/or reach out to parents who may have had her come home.
They may not have changed the outcome at all.
But the chance that it could have or could in the future is 100% worth it.
IMO that lack of training needs examined and immediately corrected.

beautiful pic of GP shared by her Dad JP.

https://twitter.com/wflajustin/status/1441457087997939717?s=21
Gabby’s dad is asking for donations to the future #GabbyPetito Foundation in lieu of flowers ahead of her funeral this weekend in New York.
wfla.com/top-stories/fu… @WFLA

I am just in awe of the dignity and grace that this family has shown. Gabby was a remarkable young lady and her family obviously raised her in such a loving home.

“To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.”

~ Thomas Campbell

You are a shooting star, Gabby.

Did anyone catch the parents on camera or video going to the library yesterday? How long were they there? Pretty strange for them to do that in my opinion

Can you track an mp3 player/ipod? He's not out there, wherever he is, without music. JMO

Do Mustang keys have a geo tracker? Maybe they do, or maybe it had one of those find my keyring thingies and thats what they are tracking. Because he left his phone at home.

Depending on the model/make of the car, it has tracking technology. Some Mustangs have GPS built in, so they'd be able to pull that info if BL's model has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle