Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it were me, I would leave it up to the restaurants discretion. And assume they didn't cause they get it a lot, or they have a liquor license or just don't want to deal with LE and reporting an issue.
Reminds me of that show, “What would you do?” Most people are happy staying out of it and not getting involved.

If it were me, I would leave it up to the restaurants discretion. And assume they didn't cause they get it a lot, or they have a liquor license or just don't want to deal with LE and reporting an issue.
Reminds me of that show, “What would you do?” Most people are happy staying out of things and not getting involved.

I don't believe homicide was in the equation at that moment. MOO! She told police, while not at all in front of him, that she hit him. He told police, while not in front of her, that her pushed her.

And GP and BL had every reason to believe at the beginning of the stop that they were being pulled over because of BL’s erratic driving. They had no reason to know about any witness reports until later in the interview. They both disclosed and accepted locus of responsibility for the erratic driving and the events leading up to it. MOO

“Evil took out, extinguished one of the brightest lights on this planet,” she said, saying that 22-year-old Long Island native Petito had a smile that “lit up the entire world.”

“Her smile is unforgettable. Her smile would light up any room,” said Polsley.

“Everybody fell in love with her. It’s hard not to,” she said of the “beautiful” woman she had known since she was “a little kid.”
Gabby Petito family friend won't say Brian Laundrie's name

Reminds me of that show, “What would you do?” Most people are happy staying out of it and not getting involved.

If I could see they were having difficulty handling it I would get involved, or if it was a single person. But a restaurant worker with staff to back them up and a manager. I would trust they would handle it how they see fit

I think she was crying for a few reasons. 1) once again, his anger issues were ruining their day, 2) it was super-embarrassing, 3) she knew that he would hurt her when they got someplace private, because that’s what he did when he was angry. JMO.

yeah, your boyfriend thinks it’s accceptable to bully people by returning four times to argue with these people instead of just letting it go? I’d say it’s super embarrassing. My mother and sister drive my father and I nuts hissing at us to stop normal level conversation in a restaurant because ‘people could be listening’, never mind aggressing 4x.

Doesn't add up for me, either. Does anyone recall who originally reported he left for Florida to take care of the storage issue and then returned? Who actually said that?
My recollection was that it was in an early timeline that was handwritten by someone in her family (an uncle?). I sound like a broken record, but I agree that it makes no sense, and think it is more likely that he made good on a threat to drive off without her, and she didn’t want her parents to know, and so this cover story was devised. They continued to talk while she was in the hotel, and eventually made up and continued on the trip. All conjecture on my part and JMO.

The camper belongs to the Laundries. The vehicle that was used by Gabby and Brian was a Van. That van belonged to Gabby and has been taken by a police warrant. The camper is said to be new, and the Laundries left with Brian for an "excursion" just before police were notified about Gabbys disappearance.

Where is that camper now?

Homicide should be in the equation of any domestic violence call. Period. In fact, I don’t recall if either was even asked if they feared for their life and that’s standard protocol.

“If you have fear for your life, we will remove you from this situation immediately and give you ongoing support and assistance. You do not have to go back to them.”
A victim can barely nod a response and the standard DV call stops - they are immediately separated by more than 50 feet.

4,000 DV homicides every year means you are responding to a situation that could end up in homicide at any given moment.
I’m wondering if anyone asked her about how safe she felt. I know every time I go to the doctors office I get asked, “do you feel safe at home?”

We don’t know whether he hit her or not in the van. Just because she didn’t mention it, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. Neither of them told LE about the physical fight just minutes ago. Did Brian admit to hitting her? No. Did she mention it? No.

She did say he pushed her away in the van, she showed that by putting her hands on the neck (iirc).

Given his behavior in public, I can see him yelling at her more in the van, making threats and driving dangerously to upset her further.

Let’s not forget that she was distraught when LE stopped them, just a broken girl… and BL was all smiley, putting on his best performance.
I agree with you; likely much worse in the van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member