Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Brian Laundrie's parents be in legal trouble? Experts say they can't be compelled to speak with police

Brian Laundrie's parents can't be compelled to speak with authorities even though a federal arrest warrant has been issued for their son related to the Gabby Petito case, criminal justice experts told Insider.

Laundrie's parents would've been free to help their son before he was charged with credit card fraud, but "everything changed once they issued that warrant," according to George Kirkham, professor emeritus at Florida State University's College of Criminology and Criminal Justice.

He said anyone who contacts or attempts to help Laundrie now that he faces a federal criminal charge could themselves be charged with aiding and abetting a fugitive.

A poster was asking earlier (apologies I can't remember who!) about when the Petito family started calling the Laundries. Here is what the parents said in an MSM interview.

Interviewer
Did you ever reach out to her and say "Can you please help me find my daughter?"

Gabby's mum
Yes I reached out to her on Friday the 9th or the 10th, I'm sorry. I texted her "I'm worried about the kids, I haven't heard from them" and I got nothing. Called, left messages got nothing.

Interviewer
She won't even call you back?

Gabby's mum
Nope.

Interviewer
And Joe you and Tara, you've reached out and they won't call you back?

Gabby's dad
We've called on the 10th, I can't tell you how many times. We sent text messages "We're worried", "We're calling the police".

I mean if someone texted me that they're calling the police because they can't find my son, I'm gonna drop whatever I'm doing to call back. I guess it's evident how they run their household.

Gabby's step-mum
She knew her son was home that time when we were texting her. At that point we didn't know that he was home.

So it was the 10th they called and texted, which was right before they contacted the police to report Gabby missing.
And *that* is why BL's parents are NOT in the running for parents of the year. SMH

but neighbors are and Median has been around the clock and they have plain clothes detectives watching that house now, he aint there!
I know.
I still want to look around the back.

There is no sane or good reason for him to be there but there simply never was!
Why did he return to that house and brazenly park what , most likely has been examined for being potentially the murder vehicle or her place of death..
Why?

For those speculating on where Brian could be. This is what Commander Fussell said earlier today in a video interview.

"Agencies are issuing search warrants for data, whether it be social media or some other investigative means and then we do the search so we're not wasting our time out here.

We are doing our due diligence to find Brian in an area that intelligence has led us that he could possibly be in. And it's upon us to search this area as best as we can. As massive as it is with the resources we have to try to find Brian"

I keep having to remind myself this! It would be very unlikely they go blind off where the parents think he went, particularly after their behaviour. There is some intel as to why they are in the reserve, and if you’ve been watching the helicopter radars, it looks like they are narrowing down to a particular side. I wonder if trail cameras that we don’t know about have captured him?

Is this news in Scotland?
Shocking to me that it would be!

It has made it onto TV news here in Australia. Just a little bit, when Gabby was found. Nothing since then.
I think it is likely because so much media is affiliated with US media companies these days.

(We certainly have enough of our own missing people here, no need for us to report on other country's missing people otherwise.)

Last edited:
IMO - If he’s in the reserve I give him a few more days for the cops to catch him or he surrenders. I can’t see him lasting longer than that in that place.
If he fled, I’m leaning towards a place that they have gone on trips before in Florida, likely southern Florida, likely camping, away from people (which he doesn’t like :mad:). Laying low until press eases up. Possibly buy a boat and gi to an island.
I believe his parents have helped and provided him with cash, phones, etc.

Cell phones can be very expensive. Add on the contract cost and its a monthly bill not everyone can afford.
Burner phones can be helpful and convenient for folks.
But yes, some use them for crime or hiding things.
Thank you!! Yes, that makes sense! I deleted my post so it doesn't appear judgmental of those folks; it's actually probably a very solid option for people on a budget, or who may be moving, etc. It's not seemingly as common here in Canada, as we have the option of month-to-month accounts with carriers, in addition to contracts (I could be wrong in this observation, as I'm definitely not a techie.)

With a burner phone, would BL need to pay on an ongoing basis for data or service? How would it work? TIA!

Former LA County Sheriff's deputy Hadsell, who runs the volunteer Peace River K9 Search and Rescue Association in Sarasota, said insiders told him they have found no trace of Laundrie being there. 'Any time he would move, especially in the Carlton, he would leave trails because you sink in the mud.

'If Laundrie went to the reserve to commit suicide, he won't be deep in the woods,' said Hadsell. 'Statistics and analysis we use show that would not be the case.

'Generally if someone is going to the Carlton Reserve to commit suicide they are not going to go deep into the swamp to do that.

'They go in a short distance, finds a nice private spot and do what they are going to do. They do not go wandering off trails deep into the swamps.'

Manhunt for Brian Laundrie in alligator-infested Florida swampland has cost $1.2million so far | Daily Mail Online

Based upon everything he has posted on Instagram, I think he is in the woods. Maybe not this one that has been being searched, but I think he is in the woods. There was the posting back a bit of the helicopter footage, and I do believe that was him, but the woods are his comfort zone. He and Gabby described themselves as expert hikers, he feels at home in the woods.As far as the plastic bottle, on one of the instagrams, it has him going barefoot to pull a water bottle out of a creek. I think he may be on the spectrum, because certain things really bother him, that wouldn’t bother someone who was not. His lack of emotions, just driving home after he is a POI for killing his fiancé, yet finally realizing he could be a POI, he went to where he wood feel at home.

Freeze dried food, fishing equip, tent, good winter jacket and he may be able to be in the woods . If he had done a lot of camping when he was young. This may not be difficult for him.

Are we allowed to discuss his favorite books that he has posted on his Bizarre_Design Instagram?

His favorite author is Chuck Palahniuk famed author of FIGHT CLUB.
He mentions INVISIBLE MONSTERS and LULLABY in several posts.

This is what stands out to me. He relates to this author for a reason:

"Palahniuk's books prior to Lullaby have distinct similarities. The characters are people who have been marginalized in one way or another by society, and often react with self-destructive aggressiveness. He labels these stories as transgressional fiction. Beginning with Lullaby, the style of his novels changed to mostly satirical horror stories.
Palahniuk's writing often contains anti-consumerist themes"
It used to be Catcher In the Rye and Holden Caulfield. Now it's revenge of the marginalized. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I work with several lawyers who only use these types of phones - they also only use a certain browser as well. I used them when my kids were young because they are not expensive and I could budget their minute usage. I think some think that you can’t be tracked when using them
JMO
Thanks for this, that makes sense about affordability. Why do the lawyers only use them, I wonder? Is it safer from hacking or malware or something?

I don't understand why they couldn't have said "I'm so sorry to hear this, we had no idea, we don't know where Gabby is. We will try to find out more."

Something just like...human.

My suspicion is that they were already acting under the advice of their attorney. Do not engage with their family in any way, etc. Just a hunch.

And take a car away from the son who they think may harm himself?
No wallet, no phone…He could hike back out ..excited to go home…and duh, his ride is gone!

JMO
How exactly was he supposed to contact them when he was done hiking if he they knew he didn't have a phone and they took his car? Also wondering how they knew there was a supposed note on the car if he left on Tuesday and they went that night or early morning hours to pick up the car. How did they "see" a note on it to know to go and pick it up? He couldn't exactly phone them and say, "hey, there's a note on the car" if he didn't have a phone.

I know.
I still want to look around the back.

There is no sane or good reason for him to be there but there simply never was!
Why did he return to that house and brazenly park what , most likely has been examined for being potentially the murder vehicle or her place of death..
Why?
because he was scared, in a panic, didnt know what to do and he went straight to his safe place, and he knew driving the van there was fine becase noone knew she was missing at the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member