Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're tired of waiting for the FBI to tell us stuff.
We want to dive in there ourselves... we're in a hurry now..
I want to know whether he's playing the role of Palahniuk or one of his central characters?
Any ideas?
Not sure I can talk about it, but I know you know that I know what we all know and that is he went cookoo for overpriced organic cocoa puffs if so.

That would only serve a purpose if they both intended running away together or something. Like, she's dead now.
I was thinking along the lines of him acting out the plot of the book referenced in the post I quoted. But I agree, if he wanted to get away with a premeditated murder he would not want to be seen with her at all.

FoxNews: “So far, Laundrie’s parents have not been charged with any crime, and experts say that could be a tall order under Florida law. Per Florida Statute 777.03, … Relatives of the offender, however, are largely protected from being accessories. This would include the parents of Brian Laundrie..” Florida statute may work to advantage of Brian Laundrie's parents

More possible misinformation IMO, by persons referred to as “experts” too, unfortunately. I first looked at the statute last week. IMO ONLY - so as to be clear to avoid any “Time Out” for sharing MO, the parents do not fall under subdivision (a). They fall under subdivision (c). See § 777.03(1)(c) Fla. Stat. Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

(c) Any person who maintains or assists the principal or an accessory before the fact, or gives the offender any other aid, knowing that the offender had committed a crime and such crime was a capital, life, first degree, or second degree felony, or had been an accessory thereto before the fact, with the intent that the offender avoids or escapes detection, arrest, trial, or punishment, is an accessory after the fact.

Charging the parents should not be dismissed out of hand by the state atty – IF this is even a Florida issue (I think there’s a good argument we’re dealing with Federal law). The law is poorly drafted leading to the confusion, but My position – which is MOO, AND NOT FACT, is thoroughly supported and (IMO) affirmed, by the black and white Florida pattern jury instructions (the instructions the Judge gives to a jury on the law): See Jury Instruction 21.18 Criminal Jury Instructions Chapter 21 – The Florida Bar

(Florida Std Jury Inst Florida Standard Jury Instructions – The Florida Bar

Criminal/Chapter 21 (Obstruction), then go to Instruction 21.8

“21.18 ACCESSORY AFTER THE FACT;

To prove the crime of Accessory After the Fact, the State must prove the following [four] [five] elements beyond a reasonable doubt:

1. A (felony alleged) was committed by (name of person committing felony).

2. After the (felony alleged) was committed, (defendant) [maintained] [assisted] [aided or attempted to aid] (name of person committing felony).

3. At that time, (defendant) knew that (name of person committing felony) had committed the (felony alleged).

4. (Defendant) did so with the intent that (name of person committing felony) avoid or escape detection, arrest, trial, or punishment.

If the felony alleged is a third degree felony, give element #5.

5. (Defendant) was not related to (name of person committing felony) by blood or marriage as husband, wife, parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, brother, or sister.

The judge gives this instruction ONLY given *IF* the original offense is a 3rd degree felony. If the autopsy comes back with a charge against Brian for a first degree or second degree felony, all bets are OFF. If I were the prosecutor, I would charge them. MOO. Now time to sign right off again so as to not have a "repeat."

The case is federal.

It is a motion for pretrial detention (meaning he would remain in jail from the time he is in police custody until trial) which the government argues is necessary because BL poses “a serious flight risk.”

ETA: A judge granting a motion for pretrial detention also takes bond off the table by default.
Why would a judge consider someone charged with bank card hijinks and no previous criminal record to be a serious flight risk? That is his current charge, nothing else. A good lawyer will have him out in no time. Setting an unusually high bond for a misdemeanor, could prejudice the government's case later on. If the government amends his charges to a series of felonies and a murder charge later on, I can see either a high bond or no bond.

So they don’t even think a bond hearing is necessary their evidence is so strong ? That’s unusual IMO
Because the LE had the van so long before GP was located, and they kept saying there was no evidence of a crime committed by BL, there must have been a plethora of evidence at the scene and on GP (sorry). Do you think so?

Why would a judge consider someone charged with bank card hijinks and no previous criminal record to be a serious flight risk? That is his current charge, nothing else. A good lawyer will have him out in no time. Setting an unusually high bond for a misdemeanor, could prejudice the government's case later on. If the government amends his charges to a series of felonies and a murder charge later on, I can see either a high bond or no bond.
Because he fled?

I was thinking along the lines of him acting out the plot of the book referenced in the post I quoted. But I agree, if he wanted to get away with a premeditated murder he would not want to be seen with her at all.
Sorry!
I do think acting out a plot is a real possibility well worthy of exploration.

BL's parents and/or their lawyer may think that their home and phone are bugged.

JMO
Gee why would they think that?
When BL drove back he knew they would be on him. Probably amazed it took almost 2 weeks. Remember the bike ride he took with his mom? I thought right away, they are out to talk because their place is monitored.

Because the LE had the van so long before GP was located, and they kept saying there was no evidence of a crime committed by BL, there must have been a plethora of evidence at the scene and on GP (sorry). Do you think so?
BBM. Did they say that? I don't remember anyone but the parent's lawyer saying that.

Check out this link to view pictures of the crime scene. Almost looks like alot of bullet holes. Weird it's all over the place.
Harrowing photos show trees and rocks around Gabby Petito's death site marked by FBI | Daily Mail Online

Has it been reported that they had a weapon with them, like a shotgun? That doesn't fit with the general personas of the two. Maybe these holes are not related to her death. If they are, then that gives his defense attorney an opportunity to claim some other dude did it while BL was gone.

Yeah it's weird. I'm not at all familiar with crime scene procedures. But, why the orange paint over the evidence, it that's the case. Some photos look like there could be blood near the orange paint. But, I don't know how that orange paint or whatever it is works. Maybe somebody could help with this.

Fluorescent Spray Chalk, 7 oz – Latent Forensics

Similar in composition to regular chalk, Spray Chalk is the ideal crime scene marking solution. When applied to a surface, it leaves a bright, easily visible and non-permanent fluorescent mark behind. Spray Chalk will adhere to nearly any surface, including asphalt, concrete, brick, wood, grass and metal. Spray Chalk is applied similar to a can of spray paint. However, when finished, it simply washes off with water.

Also been having that same feeling every time I read a theory about BL mortally wounding GP and waiting for it to slowly kill her.
I feel sick.
IMO
I’ve had similar thoughts :(

While I tend to think he was hitchhiking out of sheer panic with no apparent plan, I also sometimes wonder if she had been badly wounded by him, & he was trying to put some time & distance between himself & the crime. There appears to be some time not well accounted for (parts of the 28th for example)… & I do wonder if he thought that if he took off, someone else would find her/his absence would give him an alibi. I wonder if he hoped the van would have been towed in his absence, &/or the time of death would appear to have occurred when he could “prove” he wasn’t in the area.

May Gabby Rest In Peace & may her killer face justice.

~My opinion only~

I know we can't really judge others by how we think *we* would react in a certain situation but having said that, his parents do not seem to be, IMO, acting like they're overly worried about his well being. That makes me feel that they know he's not lost in the swamp somewhere. They aren't pleading for him to return home and work things out. They aren't out there asking anyone who's seen him to get in touch with them. They aren't giving controlled interviews hoping to get a message to him. Nothing. I believe they know where he is and that he's alive. JMO

I truly have NOO clue where he is. I only know he is not where I would like him to be....in custody. I guess if I was pressed I do think he's still alive. I don't think he's in the reserve or doing some survivalist trek. I think he's holed up somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle