Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their lawyer is a dog trying to figure out how many bones he can get in his mouth. This is shaping up to be a potential media circus at trial and just his willingness to fly in for a 30 minute meeting tells me he's got a vested interest in the case. Lawyers dream about these kinds of cases. Unfortunately, until now, he's done his clients more harm than good. BL and his family are being publicly pilloried and vilified. That's the lawyer's fault. They're acting on his advice. His job is to drum up sympathy and mollify the vitriol. Not only has he advised them to remain silent - HE'S remained basically silent! There are so many things wrong with his representation that he may face discipline from the bar at a later date.
Well if he gave LE an undertaking that B was at the L home when he clearly was not...?

BBM
I don't think so.. I think there is a long time, possible family/friend connection to their attorney.
I think they "trust" him for whatever reason.
They chose him for a reason, from their home town.
JMO

Probably a good idea...
If they would have picked at local high powered trial attorney it would have implied they new of a murder.

They can later say they didn't know the extent of what happened.

MOO

They wouldn't have known she *didn't* call them for help as they had no contact with her parents. Parenting young adults is indeed a tough job, btdt. If my son's fiancee, who had lived with me for 2 yeas and was like family was left alone by him under those same circumstance I certainly would have cared about her well being and would have called her myself to see if she was ok. If they're living with me they're my kids too. None of us are perfect parents for sure but I just feel they could have done more. MOO
Do we know that his parents didn't talk to her when they were apart? I'm just wondering, because they could have and she may have told them not to call her parents. There is so much we still don't know about what happened. I'd also like to know if the plane ticket he got home was a one-way or two-way ticket. Was he planning to go back when he left?

Anyway, I agree, they should have done more. I really wish they had.

155 miles is a long ways to travel to go to a library and not look at anything the library has to offer.

IMO the library was not a pre planned destination but a place to pull into so they could figure out who was following them and if the agents would back off when the parents went into the library.

Last edited by a moderator:
But, there would still be traceable ID if he did that.
On any type of cruise.
LE would know if he boarded.
May not know when or where he did not get back on but would know when he boarded and would be following that trail, I would think.
JMO

Absolutely he could be tracked if his id was authentic. If that's what he did he could have picked a better country to hide in. However, it isn't likely since any cruises that are currently in operation would require you to book online or use a travel agent. It's not like walking up to the cashier at a bus terminal and asking for a one way ticket to Boise.

I wouldn't see any reason it wouldn't be true. Cell phone could be tracked, any cards can't be used, and I don't think the ID is of much value.
I agree it could be true, for the reasons you outline so well! But I feel somewhat suspicious of how this info came out so late…? I feel like it reads a bit like a ploy for sympathy (leaving these materials behind happens often with suicide), & perhaps it is suggesting the search is fruitless/anticlimactic (my mind is wondering if this could be an attempt to get media to move on…)
Of course could be overthinking, wouldn’t be the first time!

He isn’t facing a misdemeanor. He was indicted on a felony count of using unauthorized access devices.
That may be so now, but a decent lawyer citing BL's clean record (haven't heard of any previous convictions) could have the charge reduced and offer restitution, a fine and probation to the court. A plea deal. BL would be back home watching the lunacy surrounding him and eating granola bars in his bedroom.

Well except for the undercover agents that are following you.

lol. But also, re. them meeting in person with their lawyer. Maybe it was to make absolutely sure no-one could listen in on their conversation. I would not trust any convo I had being kept private if I was that couple, especially on the phone.

Absolutely he could be tracked if his id was authentic. If that's what he did he could have picked a better country to hide in. However, it isn't likely since any cruises that are currently in operation would require you to book online or use a travel agent. It's not like walking up to the cashier at a bus terminal and asking for a one way ticket to Boise.
Agree
And I do not think he took a cruise or bus anywhere, JMO

Most criminals flee in some way before capture whether its up into an attic, under a house foundation or across town. BL (to my knowledge) has no criminal record and as it stands now, flight associated with a misdemeanor charge would be generally considered unlikely by the court. It could change if he's charged with a series of felonies or murder, but if he can meet bail - he could be released pending further investigation by LE.

U'm let's see. Hasn't he already flighted.

He isn’t facing a misdemeanor. He was indicted on a felony count of using unauthorized access devices.

It obvious they are not ready for the murder charges yet. I also wonder if they don't want to place a string of series charges that would make him stay on the run. He might start thinking all that is there is the fraud charge. If he had a series of murder and other charges, he might be more inclined not to surrender.

MOO

Am I the only one that thinks BL is dead and the gators got him?
Nope. If—and this is a HUGE if—he was actually in that swamp, I believe he’s alligator poop. I’m still 50/50 on whether that’s where he is.
His parents and LE are acting like they believe he’s still alive; I’m holding out hope that that’s the case.

Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino says Brian left the house on Tuesday without his wallet or cell phone. He says the parents were concerned he might hurt himself.
IMO
Snipped for focused reply, and BBM.
Why? Why would the parents be concerned BL would hurt himself? I would like to hear their answer to that question.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I agree it could be true, for the reasons you outline so well! But I feel somewhat suspicious of how this info came out so late…? I feel like it reads a bit like a ploy for sympathy (leaving these materials behind happens often with suicide), & perhaps it is suggesting the search is fruitless/anticlimactic (my mind is wondering if this could be an attempt to get media to move on…)
Of course could be overthinking, wouldn’t be the first time!

Could be. Also, I think it's the point he may have decided to hide. If he left to hide, cell phone, and wallet would get you caught.

I thought he had probably suicided, but the lawyer work by his parents are making me wonder. He/they had a lot of time to plan this, but there is nothing so far to suggest any of them are that good at planning. (Except BL is still missing)

U'm let's see. Hasn't he already flighted.
LOL! It depends on one's viewpoint. Is he suicidal and in mental crisis? Is he terrified of the "Real" killer or killers and hiding from them? Is he innocent and "in fear for his life from retribution by an angry public"?
A lawyer can say anything...and the prosecution has to prove it wrong.

Nope. If—and this is a HUGE if—he was actually in that swamp, I believe he’s alligator poop. I’m still 50/50 on whether that’s where he is.
His parents and LE are acting like they believe he’s still alive; I’m holding out hope that that’s the case.

I would agree with the alligator poo. If alive, I don't think he's there. Might be nearby in another hiding spot watching.

If he left his phone and wallet to hide, I don't see any reason he would leave a car as the trail to where he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie