Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #4 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see if she was 14-16 age range, per the header of all these threads. I've long had my doubts every time I see that header. I realize it was a different era but hitchhikers are seldom that young. Note the bar graph and the spike at 18. Extremely low numbers below 17. Early 20s is highest:

Hitchhiking Statistics · Hitchlog

I still think she will be in that 14-16 range, however it wouldn't be too surprising if she was older, given these stats & her claiming to be 19.

Either way, very glad to see this case will now be (partially) resolved.

I don't think I can post the link of "the night wind" website, but if some of you know what I'm talking about, you should go check what that person wrote a few days ago.
His name is Eric and I, too, think, he's directly or indirectly responsible for this. Either he's finally collected enough evidence or someone's finally decided to come forward

I have a feeling Genetic Genealogy didnt solve her case (if it truly is solved) even Carl was caught off guard and he would have known something. Someone must have came forward saying that’s my cousin, sister, niece, etc. I hope they identified who killed her as well

This probably doesn't have anything to do with this development, but I turned in a tip several months ago that came in on WWWCJD FB. It involved a woman whose father was an associate of the founder of Rebekah house, and according to her, he was very abusive to her and other girls. He led a group of adult women called the Jubilee girls - former tenants at Rebekah who traveled the country doing singing performances and raising donations for Rebekah House. There was a teenaged girl who traveled and performed with them.

The woman told me that this girl ran away, and that her father went out looking for the girl. He returned without her, saying he found her and "let her go". This woman says she was a small child at the time, and doesn't remember the girl's name, but she showed me a photo of the girl, and she bears an amazing resemblance to WCJD. The woman's father disappeared in Alaska, along with several other persons on an airplane flight. If you google his name, you can find articles about the disappearance. The woman believes the disappearance was staged, but I kind of doubt that because the other persons on the flight would have also been in on the staged disappearance.

Everything this woman said seemed credible. I turned the photos and information in to Detective Bean, and heard nothing more on it. At the woman's request, I never mentioned this story on WWWCJD, or anywhere else.

Again, this may be totally unrelated to the closing of this case, but aside from the blogger's info that is the only other possibility I can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member