Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #4 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Carl for the above information. Her identification, I'm sure, will be one of great relief for you!
I have been racking my brain on how she was identified...I thought DNA would be the key but maybe someone did come forward with information! To think, after almost 41 years.....

I am speechless; years of waiting and now this might be the end. I hope that verified information will be delivered soon. Thank you, our dear @CarlK90245 for your constant efforts and dedication. Irrespective of whether we get to know more soon, it was you who kept this case alive.

Was checking the links from The Doe Network in Information Sources, and as well as NamUs and the Texas DPS link, it looks like whatever the Harris County for Forensic Science link lead to has been removed, BUT I don't live in America, so maybe it's just a country thing. Can someone else check to see if the link works? If not, it's definitely likely she's been ID'd

Was checking the links from The Doe Network in Information Sources, and as well as NamUs and the Texas DPS link, it looks like whatever the Harris County for Forensic Science link lead to has been removed, BUT I don't live in America, so maybe it's just a country thing. Can someone else check to see if the link works? If not, it's definitely likely she's been ID'd
The PDF? It's still there but, I mean, come on guys, NamUs says the case has been resolved. NamUs. An official .gov site. There's no way she hasn't been identified

Oh my god.
wow, just stumbled on this and had so many concerns.

"Her photograph was shown to every inmate at Ellis Prison Unit, but no one claimed to know the girl."

I wondered back then there was no internet /social media etc. as someone mentioned way back. So it made me wonder whether they asked the prison staff. Like maybe her mom or dad worked there or someone she knew and she was trying to get to a safe place. What was odd though was her attire, she could not have walked a long way in 3 1/2 inch platforms so maybe she was living closer to that prison than everyone knew.

Again, so glad this is solved, didn't get to read through the whole threads but I'm curious to know how this turns out.

The PDF? It's still there but, I mean, come on guys, NamUs says the case has been resolved. NamUs. An official .gov site. There's no way she hasn't been identified
Absolutely true, but I was able to access the PDF on the Wayback Machine, so I wasn't sure if it was just the website messing up or just me.

I’m glad she is hopefully getting her name back i have feeling though she isn’t from Texas but another state and that her killer or killers are still alive. I just hope they release her name and a photo of what she looked like no matter the age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie