Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really like to think...really, I hope this is all it was...that he was "bro'ing up" BL in an effort to make BL reveal whether or how abusive he may really have been. "Women, they're all crazy you-know-whats, amirite? Sometimes you need to give 'em a slap...right my man?" That kind of thing. After all, these police officers know they are wearing body cameras. They have to know there's always a chance the public will see what they are doing up close.

I really hope that's all it was.
I dont believe that for a minute and I would bet that that policeman is not even self aware enough to realize he is biased.

Would they use fewer people if they thought they were entering a very specific location where, let's say, they thought they would find a body? Fewer people to disturb the area for further investigation?
That I don't know. If they were searching a body of water they might need less people. Or like you said, if they don't want to destroy potential evidence. Imo

It was my impression that she liked things tidy and everything in its place while he was not organized in the least and could care less up to and including the dirty sandals. They had arguments over this many times and the VAN was her biggest prop for her lifestyle and NEEDED to be kept organized.

Also, according to the 911 calls he was slapping HER. IMO he was fed up with her nagging about something....likely the way he’d loaded the van as it was awful when the officers opened the back door

There were two conflicting 911 calls I believe each stating one was attacking the other and vice versa.

I agree with you that, ironically, the van could've acted as a catalyst in some ways.

Maybe BL resented being in there cooped up and he saw it as GP's ticket to a more independent future.

Maybe he was jealous of the time she was devoting to the blog?

All hypotheticals.

The van is symbolic to me because it was a very telling example of how they had created a facade in their relationship:

On her blog and videos the van is neat, tidy and organised. Everything appears harmonious to outsiders looking in.

However, in real life, when the police footage showed the interior of the van, it looked in complete disarray. I think we can draw some parallels here with their relationship, metaphorically speaking.

I feel certain the van was the subject of a lot of the arguments, ironic since it was supposed to be their ticket to adventures, happiness and new opportunities.

MOO

It was my impression that she liked things tidy and everything in its place while he was not organized in the least and could care less up to and including the dirty sandals. They had arguments over this many times and the VAN was her biggest prop for her lifestyle and NEEDED to be kept organized.

Also, according to the 911 calls he was slapping HER. IMO he was fed up with her nagging about something....likely the way he’d loaded the van as it was awful when the officers opened the back door

This makes me wonder why he ever went back after flying home to FL. He should have stayed there, imo.

My husband is totally "in" to the van life thing - or at least the idea of it. We bought a cargo van a few years ago that he outfitted with a nice bunk bed and a little kitchen area. It's very cute/cool and I can handle camping in it for about two days, but that's it - it's way too claustrophobic for me. I can't imagine going on a cross country trip in that small of a space - I'm sure we would be fighting a lot.

I've been married nearly 40 years and I would never attempt a trip like that. We'd last, maybe, one week. You add to that the pressures of Gabby trying to start her business and probably finances were a concern (could be why Brian got so upset with the bill at the restaurant). That whole trip was alot to take on. IMO.

Playing devil's advocate here. Let's say BL is either apprehended or turns himself in. A well known defense attorney replaces his current, ineffective council. They go to court and the new story is...
Brian and Gabby, as they had done so many times before, kissed and made up. He decides to go off on his own to hunt berries or camera shots and leaves Gabby near the van to update the website. Upon his return, Gabby is nowhere to be seen, so he peers through the ticket to see if she's exploring the creek bed. Suddenly he sees two men menacing and beating her. He panics, throws on his backpack and beats it out of there. He's so terrified that he offers $200 to the first campers he meets to get him the hell out of dodge. He's conflicted, he doesn't know if she needs help, she's dead, whatever. Once he reaches Jackson, he develops a conscience, decides to hitch a ride back to the vicinity of the van, stealthily works his way back to the crime scene and finds the assailants gone and Gabby dead. He KNOWS the Moab PD has him and her together battling. He KNOWS he's the last identifiable person to be seen with her. He panics further, leaves her dead body out in the open, grabs the van and books for Florida where he withholds this info from his parents - only relating that something terrifying happened out on the road and he might have either been followed or is in mortal danger. They spot him $5K, drive him to parts unknown and tell him to lose himself.
Johnny Cochran once said, "Sometimes, the one who wins is the one with the best narrative."

Reasonable doubt? Does Brian walk?
That is not a reasonable story though. As one of our legal people told us, reasonable doubt does not cover every eventuality.

And no wedding date set? Ring? Did they just say they were engaged to look better
Look better to whom? Followers? Are you implying the engagement was for show? If so, how does that work considering her family knew her to be engaged. As for a ring… maybe she didn’t have one. Or maybe she did and thought it was best left at home.

Last edited:
I have read so many different accounts on the details that I cannot confirm what is fact anymore. So, imoo, the overall picture, from my understanding, is that BL left on Sept. 14 without his phone or wallet, then presumably drove the Mustang and parked at the Carlton Reserve, which is where it remained until the parents picked it up a day or two later with a parking notice on the windshield. The parents either called authorities, or LE showed up and then they reported BL missing on Sept. 17. When the Mustang was searched by LE, an empty gun case was apparently in the trunk.

Now, I understand that for some this might all seem like a well-planned ruse to make it look like BL went to the reserve to kill himself. The parents left the car there to be seen, left the gun case in the trunk to be found, and waited three days to give him a head start. And I guess that is a possibility.

But, sometimes a rose is a rose is a rose.

As I've said before, imo, there were a lot of signs that BL was possibly spiraling in the weeks leading up to GP's death. His mental health prior to her death might hint at his mental health after her death. I would wager that BL's parents' phone records will show a massive number of calls between them and their son during his drive home. I think they probably worried about him harming himself right from the get-go and focused on getting him home, getting him regulated, and getting him legal counsel. I think that's why they didn't respond to GP's family (I'm not defending that choice whatsoever). Why did they let him go hiking at the reserve alone, or why didn't they contact authorities immediately when he left, if they were worried about his mental state? I don't know. But I have a feeling they were not aware that he didn't take his phone or wallet, or that the gun case was empty, until much later, like on the 17th, or maybe not even until the search warrant was served.

I want BL to be found alive so he can answer for what he's done, for GP and her family's sake. But I fear for what else he might have already done...

What is all the proof that Brian was spiraling down?

I just want to know why he said he was going hiking Tuesday, but the report for the abandoned car was made at 2:42pm on Tuesday. How is a car abandoned the same day it was parked? That's all I want to know. Can anyone help?

Gabby Petito case: North Port redacts records on Petito, Laundrie family

I dont believe that for a minute and I would bet that that policeman is not even self aware enough to realize he is biased.
Unfortunately, you may be right. I wish that weren't the case, but there are still too many people who go into law enforcement, corrections, politics, various positions of power, never realizing or acknowledging their bias, and enjoying their opportunities to be bullies, or worse.

I would still like to believe, at least, that cops wearing body cameras are aware enough that they're being recorded and to act accordingly even when they're not inclined to by nature. *sigh*

Playing devil's advocate here. Let's say BL is either apprehended or turns himself in. A well known defense attorney replaces his current, ineffective council. They go to court and the new story is...
Brian and Gabby, as they had done so many times before, kissed and made up. He decides to go off on his own to hunt berries or camera shots and leaves Gabby near the van to update the website. Upon his return, Gabby is nowhere to be seen, so he peers through the thicket to see if she's exploring the creek bed. Suddenly, he sees two men menacing and beating her. He panics, throws on his backpack and beats it out of there. He's so terrified that he offers $200 to the first campers he meets to get him the hell out of dodge. He's conflicted, he doesn't know if she needs help, she's dead, whatever. Once he reaches Jackson, he develops a conscience, decides to hitch a ride back to the vicinity of the van, stealthily works his way back to the crime scene and finds the assailants gone and Gabby dead. He KNOWS the Moab PD has him and her together battling. He KNOWS he's the last identifiable person to be seen with her. He panics further, leaves her dead body out in the open, grabs the van and books for Florida where he withholds this info from his parents - only relating that something terrifying happened out on the road and he might have either been followed or is in mortal danger. They spot him $5K, drive him to parts unknown and tell him to lose himself.
Johnny Cochran once said, "Sometimes, the one who wins is the one with the best narrative."

I think it's reaching. BL is gonna need witnesses to this beating otherwise I doubt anyone will believe this story.

Brian and Gabby, as they had done so many times before, kissed and made up. He decides to go off on his own to hunt berries or camera shots and leaves Gabby near the van to update the website. Upon his return, Gabby is nowhere to be seen, so he peers through the thicket to see if she's exploring the creek bed. Suddenly, he sees two men menacing and beating her. He panics, throws on his backpack and beats it out of there. He's so terrified that he offers $200 to the first campers he meets to get him the hell out of dodge. He's conflicted, he doesn't know if she needs help, she's dead, whatever. Once he reaches Jackson, he develops a conscience, decides to hitch a ride back to the vicinity of the van, stealthily works his way back to the crime scene and finds the assailants gone and Gabby dead. He KNOWS the Moab PD has him and her together battling. He KNOWS he's the last identifiable person to be seen with her. He panics further, leaves her dead body out in the open, grabs the van and books for Florida where he withholds this info from his parents - only relating that something terrifying happened out on the road and he might have either been followed or is in mortal danger. They spot him $5K, drive him to parts unknown and tell him to lose himself.

If he ever makes it to a trial, I suspect that will be his exact story. I'm sure he will blame her death on the mysterious dark haired stranger. OJ style.

This makes me wonder why he ever went back after flying home to FL. He should have stayed there, imo.
We are not sure that he did go home. I rather think that he locked her out of the van and took off and that is why she was so desperate to get back in the van after the slapping incident when he was trying to take her phone from her.

No.

If Gabby's intent was truly to 'share everything' with BL, his name would have been on the vehicle title, the vehicle insurance (there's been no proof offered that he is listed as a rated or occasional driver on the insurance), or as an approved user on the credit card.
I speculate that she wisely kept his name off the two items that she needed if she were ever to make a clean break from BL; her vehicle and her credit card.

As @adh1117 stated, having two names on a car title can complicate things even when the relationship is rock solid. I've been involved in helping to settle older relatives' estates and none of them ever put both spouses names on car titles. And my partner and I never have either. His car is his and mine is mine. We do drive each other's cars occasionally but it's not that often.

I don't know if it's still true or true in all states but in my state, having a young (25 or younger) male's name on car insurance shoots up the cost like crazy. Of course, it's a little shady if he is a habitual driver (as it appears BL was) to hide that fact but people do it.
JMO

This is interesting, Brian E is reporting when he asked BL's atty if BL had taken a gun with him, the atty answered "unknown".

"The Laundrie family attorney says Brian did not have a cell phone or wallet when he left the house Tuesday. When we asked him if Brian had a weapon -- he said "unknown." And he didn't respond when asked where the cell phone is now."
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin

That be an easy thing to figure out. Whose gun in the house is missing? It's not rocket science.

I think the parents really need to explain why their lawyer initially said they brought the Mustang home from the reserve on Thursday (after leaving it overnight Wednesday when they found the note), but there is a photo of the Mustang in front of their garage on Wednesday (not there on Tuesday).

And there's an abandoned vehicle report 9/14 at 2:42pm the same day it was allegedly parked there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just speculating but I think BL's trip home by plane in August was in response to the fight in Moab. I think he told his parents (falsely) that GP was the aggressor, perhaps even offering "proof" that she was "cited." As a result, I think he was urged to break up and come home. If this is what occurred, the parents would have thenceforth seen GP as the "problem", and they went all in with that false belief to the point of hiring a lawyer when Brian's story about coming back home for good with her van, fell apart. And that's where they remain today, in denial, and unshakeable.

Gabby Petito's best friend says Brian Laundrie once lived in the Appalachian mountains by himself 'for months'

"He is out in the wilderness, I promise you," Davis, 21, told People. "He's out there. He is. If he's alive, he's out there, camping out ... He lived in the Appalachians by himself for months."

'They Always Had Some Drama': Friends Reflect on Romance Between Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie

"One minute, they'd be all over each other, the next minute, he'd be like, 'We're fighting,'" says Laundrie's friend, Ben Matula, describing their relationship when they were teenagers in Long Island, New York. "They always had some drama."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge