Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

Where do you think BL is right now?

• Mexico

Votes: 50 7.1%
  • Cuba

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Canada

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Carlton Reserve, FL

Votes: 98 13.8%
  • Somewhere else in FL

Votes: 166 23.4%
  • New York

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in the US

Votes: 306 43.2%
  • Somewhere else in the world

Votes: 32 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of questions:
1. What is the crime rate in that particular camper/tourist community, and what is the nature of those crimes. Theft? Battery? Drug dealing? Sexual assault?
2. Would possible assailants avail themselves to LE interviews, or leave the area?

For me I haven't heard of any publicly available evidence that points to him specifically. It's more his and his family's post-GP death actions that make him look guilty than any actual evidence that has been revealed. I for instance see that camping area as relatively busy, which the Bethunes who caught the campervan on film even talked about inviting them to participate in their ad hoc camping group plus of the alleged witnesses I haven't heard anyone say they saw BL had defensive wounds on his face or elsewhere. It's not to say that I think he's innocent but just so far I haven't heard of evidence made public that would be sufficient to convict, though the more of a criminal fugitive he is, the more it's going to hurt him with a judge/jury like I'm sure they'd use emptying her bank account against him in court. With me for instance I see that campground as vastly different from private property where we've owned hundreds of acres of private property and that place was definitely not private in any sense with it crawling with people relative to private acreage. The worst evidence against BL I've seen has actually been BL's parents refusing to talk to GP's parents about GP where it makes him look guilty and that his parents are covering for him, but not actual evidence from the campsite or from evidence obtained from a search warrant.

People missing the signs is what the variable is.
This wasn't some great relationship that had an added stress or variable that made it awful IMO.

Not being rude but people aren't aware of the signs of relationship red flags so they tend to look back and say "there were none". Anyone who is trauma informed or even just psychologically informed can see them from a mile away.

GP's family and friends in Long Island saying they didn't know him (evasive) - red flag
Moving in together far away from her parents and established relationships rather early on in the relationship (isolating) - red flag
The early public proclamations of undying love or love until death (love bombing) - red flag
No apparent work ethic or goals aside drifting around (lack of ethics) - red flag

All those red flags escalate over time. Toss them in a high stress situation and they escalate at a more rapid and toxic pace.

MOO

And the first interview with her friend, in the Daily Mail, has an entire forest of red flags.

IMO

Well remembered, yes! BL's sister did stop herself mid sentence and then say she can't talk about that.

I reckon LE are fairly sure of the whereabouts of BL during that week and she has maybe been instructed not to discuss with/disclose it to the media. Unless it was the Laundrie family lawyer that told her to keep schtum!?

Had they already appointed a lawyer when Cassie gave the interview?
@bellyup Transcript and video of the Cassie Laundrie “flight” comment at this link: ABC Exclusive: Full interview with Brian Laundrie's sister on Gabby Petito

Clipped from transcript:
Question: Did you know that the van was back and you're...?

Cassie Laundrie: No.

Question: So you didn't know that he came back without the...?

Cassie Laundrie: I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is - actually I don't want to say that.

Questioner: No problem. No problem.

Cassie Laundrie: I think that's more police stuff.

Ok I just thought about something with regard to hwy 26/287 that goes east from the Moran Junction. There is a grizzly sow and her two spring cubs that the park rangers and WY fish and wildlife have been hazing away from that hwy over the summer. There were a number of parked ranger and F&W vehicles parked along the side of that hwy for an extended period of time, they were also trying to stop photographers from stopping in the area as it was putting the sow and her cubs at risk of being killed. I am now wondering if any of those Ranger or F&W vehicles had dash cams recording during the time BL supposed to have left for FL. btw I know about this thing with the sow and her cubs because I only live a couple hours from Jackson and I have been following all the posts about those bears. also if you are wondering Moran Junction is just south and a bit east of where BL and GP were camped.

Last edited:
For me I haven't heard of any publicly available evidence that points to him specifically. It's more his and his family's post-GP death actions that make him look guilty than any actual evidence that has been revealed. I for instance see that camping area as relatively busy, which the Bethunes who caught the campervan on film even talked about inviting them to participate in their ad hoc camping group plus of the alleged witnesses I haven't heard anyone say they saw BL had defensive wounds on his face or elsewhere. It's not to say that I think he's innocent but just so far I haven't heard of evidence made public that would be sufficient to convict, though the more of a criminal fugitive he is, the more it's going to hurt him with a judge/jury like I'm sure they'd use emptying her bank account against him in court. With me for instance I see that campground as vastly different from private property where we've owned hundreds of acres of private property and that place was definitely not private in any sense with it crawling with people relative to private acreage. The worst evidence against BL I've seen has actually been BL's parents refusing to talk to GP's parents about GP where it makes him look guilty and that his parents are covering for him, but not actual evidence from the campsite or from evidence obtained from a search warrant.
IMO, the two text messages reported as suspicious by GP’s mom are really good evidence.

Can you tag me if you find the clip. I'm going to check the media thread but there is SO much on this case finding something you missed is like ... Finding BL yourself :confused:

The clip is here:
ABC Exclusive: Full interview with Brian Laundrie's sister on Gabby Petito

There's a transcript at the bottom.

Cassie Laundrie: I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is - actually I don't want to say that.

I don't believe this is exactly true. A powered off phone, even a phone with the battery removed, still has power. Electronics with power (even very low power state) are able to transmit signals, and those signals can be detected. Phones that are off can also be remotely interrogated and even turned on, including activating camera and microphone and GPS.

Just my opinion and conjecture.
a phone w/ a removable battery in 2021 is a rarity

you say a phone that’s turned off still has power, but what type of phone and to what degree of power? what type of signal? strong enough to ping a cell tower? is there a source to support your claim that a powered down phone can be traced? with or without battery?

Last edited:
IMO
BL'S behaviour after GPS death does not resemble that of a man who is contemplating ending his life.
Mowing the lawn, going on a camping trip, using the bank card, getting an attorney.
BL gave the impression that he hated social media and GP's attempts to establish herself as a vlogger, in reality, he likely hated her receiving attention off anyone and hated that her full attention was not always on him. (Professed to hate social media and talked nonsense about how close humans are to primates yet took the time to share lengthy posts on social media himself?) - A narcissist and unlikely to kill himself, deep down he'll believe he can get away with this somehow.
The headstart he was given was planned to a T and thus far is working in his favour but rats always surface.
All my opinion....
I wince every time I read the 'narcissist' diagnosis ad I ask myself what language we used before it became, almost 'fashionable'. That's just me.

I don't think we can guess at his personality type before receiving substantial information.

His social media is just what he chose to project publicly. I didn't spend much time on it because I found it to be pretentious and condescending.
There is no way to know if this was his true nature, maybe a very insecure immature young man who was trying to find his way, a victim to his 'story', whatever that was.

Equally there is no way to know that he is not a cunning brutal killer who tortured and killed a girl that believed herself to be in love with him, and is now openly taunting the FBI with his cleverness and malice- seeking notoriety, delighted to be on the FBI wanted list... notches to belts..

I'm just hoping she had close personal friends who know a whole lot more about the dynamic between them, her fears and her efforts.. I'm hoping that friend or those friends have already been interviewed by LE and are keeping quiet publicly.

We need to know who he is, what he plans next and where he is most likely to be located if he's alive.

We also need to consider that this may never come to a trial because he's possibly dead.

Just IMO

Thanks for reposting this- I had seen it.... its a great map, but it doesn't yet include the hitchhiking routes.

edit: I do see that the reported sightings of BL are marked on that map with a yellow "?" mark - so that is helpful .... but it would be great to see the roads these folks reported driving on, so we can see the relationship to the place where the van was seen and Gabby was found.

Just marked these routes in a new layer on the map, marked "HITCHIKING AUG 29". I also added Chapel of the Sacred Heart to show the direction that the second hitchhiking driver would have been coming from (just south of the dam)

You may have to refresh the page to see changes.

@bellyup Transcript and video of the Cassie Laundrie “flight” comment at this link: ABC Exclusive: Full interview with Brian Laundrie's sister on Gabby Petito

Clipped from transcript:
Question: Did you know that the van was back and you're...?

Cassie Laundrie: No.

Question: So you didn't know that he came back without the...?

Yes, I appreciate you guys bringing this up. Her sentence is weird altogether to me.

She said, "Because that's what he did when he is..."

I don't want to overanalyze her because she might have been nervous, but the use of two different tenses raised my brows. Does she mean "that was what he did when he was," "that's what he does when he is," or what?

I don't understand the statement in the context that this was something he did once -- as in August 17th to the 23rd. She sounds like she's trying to say something happened habitually. Does anyone disagree?

If that's the case, she might not be referring to an August 17th trip, but instead, a habit (which could include that 8/17 trip, btw.)

Last edited:
I know people sometimes make maps for cases like this. I haven't seen a map of the area he was hitch-hiking around in. I don't have the skills to do it, but I think it would be really cool to see a map showing that little area and the reported hitch-hiking encounters there.

Here is the map. I am still working on adding additional information about Gabby and Brian's movements but I've already pinned/mapped the hitchhiking routes he took.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong