Lies point us to the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
With regards to Patsys fibres being found wound into the garrotte cords..

I mean that looks like pretty damning evidence.
I can't work out however or imagine Patsy fashioning this garrotte. How likely would it be that she would do that or be able to do that compared to a male in the house?

ReturnofSaturn,
Well, her fibers in the ligature knotting and on the sticky side of the duct-tape that covered JonBenet's mouth appear to be less coincidental than that she had a guiding hand in JonBenet's death?

Patsy might have thought that losing Burke to the penal system as well as JonBenet might signal the end of her privileged family life, so she was willing to do anything to save Burke, including asphyxiating JonBenet?

UKGuy,
Would she have therefore, bled?
I find the bloomies ever being pulled down … not so much.
Pulled up, yes.

Rain on my Parade,
Depends, as always, on the details.

With an assumed postmortem sexual assault, JonBenet will still bleed, there will be no size-12's, as no staging has been undertaken at this point.

The size-12's were pulled down, let's assume by JR, to wipe away the sight of blood.

The absence of blood on JonBenet was cited by Coroner Meyer as evidence that she was wiped down.

Then there is blood pooling which might have taken place within JonBenet, only for it to seep out once she was moved?

It is possible to envisage a scenario such as Patsy assisting in the postmortem staging to John's advantage.

So the latter explains away John's fibers on JonBenet's inner thighs, and Patsy's fibers in the ligature knotting, etc.

Suggesting the case is JDI with Patsy helping out, down to asphyxiating JonBenet.

I reckon the case is BDI with Patsy and John cleaning up the staging to help Burke evade justice.

In this scenario Burke does most of the staging, which might center on the basement, e.g. suitcase, broken window, chair, penknife, etc.

The parents are late to the crime-scene, but recognize what must have taken place, even if Burke denied any responsibility, e.g. We are not talking to you?

Burke might have thought he was just staging an unconcious JonBenet, ie. she will awaken later, as she was still breathing, but comatose?

So it's a point for debate: did Patsy kill JonBenet or was it Burke?

The issue with the staging is that it is not consistent with either a JDI or PDI.

Regardless of which JDI or PDI theory folks dream up, they always fall down on the staging as it is so amateurish.

If JonBenet's internal injury was staged, say by Patsy, using the paintbrush prior to asphyxiating her, this does not invalidate Coroner Meyer's opinion that JonBenet was Digitally Penetrated!

A bit like the dog that never barked it's the absence of blood on JonBenet that highlights she had been bleeding.

If JonBenet's internal injury was staged, say by Patsy, using the paintbrush prior to asphyxiating her, this does not invalidate Coroner Meyer's opinion that JonBenet was Digitally Penetrated!

UKGuy,
It is my understanding that cellulose was also found in the vault.

A bit like the dog that never barked it's the absence of blood on JonBenet that highlights she had been bleeding.

Wiped clean = JR sweater fibers. So, they were both still dressed when this took place.

Your theory is the only plausible explanation IMO that one parent would cover for the other and also stay together after this horrific event = everyone was involved. Yet …
Where is BR’s bike the next morning?

ReturnofSaturn,
Well, her fibers in the ligature knotting and on the sticky side of the duct-tape that covered JonBenet's mouth appear to be less coincidental than that she had a guiding hand in JonBenet's death?

Patsy might have thought that losing Burke to the penal system as well as JonBenet might signal the end of her privileged family life, so she was willing to do anything to save Burke, including asphyxiating JonBenet?

I'm not disputing that she did it or the reasons why. I was merely pondering on the behaviour. Myself as a woman and mother not too dissimilar in age wouldn't have a clue at thinking up making a garrotte. It seems to be something that a man would think of than a woman, if anything.

Maybe John had the idea, but then why didn't he make it?

I'm not disputing that she did it or the reasons why. I was merely pondering on the behaviour. Myself as a woman and mother not too dissimilar in age wouldn't have a clue at thinking up making a garrotte. It seems to be something that a man would think of than a woman, if anything.

Maybe John had the idea, but then why didn't he make it?

ReturnofSaturn,
Could be Patsy made the ligature but John applied it?

It is one of many incongruous aspects to the case, i.e. Patsy would deny her own daughter medical attention and asphyxiate her?

I guess its why the case made the headlines.

UKGuy,

Wiped clean = JR sweater fibers. So, they were both still dressed when this took place.

Your theory is the only plausible explanation IMO that one parent would cover for the other and also stay together after this horrific event = everyone was involved. Yet …

Rain on my Parade,
Yes, Steve Thomas directly refers to cellulose and a splinter in his book.

So does this represent staging to mask Coroner Meyer's Digital Penetration or is it a form of postmortem, ritualized sexual assault?

The binding of the ligature to the paintbrush would be explained as staging to obsfucate the nature of the postmortem sexual assault?

Apparently, if you accept the forensic evidence as the last word.

Your theory is the only plausible explanation IMO that one parent would cover for the other
Sure, but the above only explains away the staging not everything else, e.g. size-12's, missing bike, penknife, pineapple, etc.

Who knows, its another JonBenet mystery.

Was BlueCrab right, did an accomplice to JonBenet's death bicycle home late that morning, maybe before sunrise?

Once you begin digging into the evidence the case just screams Hey, everything has been staged, and something else took place?

Here is an unaswered question about the case: assume it's BDI, so where did Burke learn his abusive behavour, why would a prepubertal boy behave in such a manner?

The standard CSI answer is someone else, slightly older coached him?

BTW, it's not unheard of. I heard of a recent case of one boy who penetrated his younger brother.

Once the investigations were complete it turns out the older boy, using a spare iPad, had stumbled on manga *advertiser censored* somewhere on the internet, and copied what he saw using his brother.

If the assault were part of the staging, why bother wiping down JB as that would remove evidence of the scenario which was being promoted? It is possible that something which would incriminate an individual was eradicated. In any case, I don't see how there could be much blood as there are no major external wounds. Moving her as she bled would have left a trail in the house. All the while JB's brain was bleeding internally from the bashing. Whatever was used in wiping has never been found, as far is known. Its disappearance shows that there was time enough to plot ahead. JB voided herself outside the WC. This must be figured into the timeline of the staging. The narrative that the staging is meant to evoke is obscure. None of it relates to the demands of the FF. Even IDI offers no explanation of it. The RN is the fulcrum of the staging. It propounds a reason for a 'kidnapping'; but also, it prompts the 911 which must be made before the 7AM flight. Without that flight to MI, subsequent events would have enfolded differently. The murder occurred on an inconvenient date. Though the RN and the 911 indicate that JB is already dead. neither show awareness of SA.

Did JR wear the Israeli shirt to the White's party? I am thinking that he didn't? Which would mean that he changed in and out of it, and then showered, putting on the blue one when BPD arrived?

On one level the staging is amateurish. However, it proved successful enough so that no R was ever arrested, and it remains ambiguous to this day.

Last edited:
If the assault were part of the staging, why bother wiping down JB as that would remove evidence of the scenario which was being promoted? It is possible that something which would incriminate an individual was eradicated. In any case, I don't see how there could be much blood as there are no major external wounds. Moving her as she bled would have left a trail in the house. All the while JB's brain was bleeding internally from the bashing. Whatever was used in wiping has never been found, as far is known. Its disappearance shows that there was time enough to plot ahead. JB voided herself outside the WC. This must be figured into the timeline of the staging. The narrative that the staging is meant to evoke is obscure. None of it relates to the demands of the FF. Even IDI offers no explanation of it. The RN is the fulcrum of the staging. It propounds a reason for a 'kidnapping'; but also, it prompts the 911 which must be made before the 7AM flight. Without that flight to MI, subsequent events would have enfolded differently. The murder occurred on an inconvenient date. Though the RN and the 911 indicate that JB is already dead. neither show awareness of SA.

Did JR wear the Israeli shirt to the White's party? I am thinking that he didn't? Which would mean that he changed in and out of it, and then showered, putting on the blue one when BPD arrived?

On one level the staging is amateurish. However, it proved successful enough so that no R was ever arrested, and it remains ambiguous to this day.

proust20,
You ask quite few thought provoking questions. IMO it's all about the blood, as its origin is plainly JonBenet, so we can link disparate items, e.g. Barbie Night Gown, Size-12's, and her missing size-6 underwear (probably Bloomingdale's).

The narrative that the staging is meant to evoke is obscure. None of it relates to the demands of the FF.
Exactly, it's a prior staging that being repurposed?

The RN is the fulcrum of the staging. It propounds a reason for a 'kidnapping'; but also, it prompts the 911 which must be made before the 7AM flight.
Yes, all bogus, intended to setup a fake timeline, e.g. we just awoke for out vacation flight, etc.

Though the RN and the 911 indicate that JB is already dead. neither show awareness of SA.
This is consistent with a staged abduction scenario, i.e. it's a kidnapping not a SA.

From memory he wore the Israeli shirt to the White's party. BPD will have any photographs taken of John at the party, so they actually will know.

JR's shirt fibers are unique, there was no avoiding JR being linked to the wine-cellar crime-scene, despite Lin Wood's attempts and legal bluster.

Once John passes on these photographs along with others will pop up in your national tabloids, there is nothing the Ramsey's can do to prevent this.

Alike the dog that never barked the staging is not really staging as it is so inept, i.e. patently not undertaken by an adult.

There will never be any arrest or charges as the case is really BDI. Burke redressed JonBenet in the bloomingdale's size-12's and a pair of his long johns, likely wiping her down with her size-6 underwear.

The binding of the ligature to the paintbrush would be explained as staging to obsfucate the nature of the postmortem sexual assault?

UKGuy,
Why do you believe the SA is postmortem? Your theory about the binding of the paintbrush was to hide the SA just doesn’t make sense to me. The SA can not be overshadowed by binding it to the rope.

Once you begin digging into the evidence the case just screams Hey, everything has been staged, and something else took place?

How far did BR carry out the torture of JB? There was a wire found by her body that was said to help tie knots. It is also said that BR got a knot tying book for Christmas that year. There is real anger shown in this crime. I believe that BDI and the true bills explain what happened later. The parents covered it up. I don’t believe PR strangled her daughter; no matter the forensic evidence reflects at this point in time; as we know it. It is very possible that by the time the parents found JB it was to late to take her to the hospital. The SA that would have had to be explained. That’s if it happened before she lost her life.

Here is an unaswered question about the case: assume it's BDI, so where did Burke learn his abusive behavour, why would a prepubertal boy behave in such a manner?

The standard CSI answer is someone else, slightly older coached him?

BTW, it's not unheard of. I heard of a recent case of one boy who penetrated his younger brother.

Once the investigations were complete it turns out the older boy, using a spare iPad, had stumbled on manga *advertiser censored* somewhere on the internet, and copied what he saw using his brother.

The computers in the house were taken into evidence with suspicion of JR in reference to the SA. Unless there is evidence of such findings that we don’t know about. If so, why not? Because it was BDI w/the folks as accomplices?

Had BR been coached? It’s very possible. I always go back to PP teaching BR to yell at people that came to his room to “GET OUT”, in no uncertain terms. Also, why would his grandmother be interested in telling of his boy parts and their size? Unusual indeed!

Was BlueCrab right, did an accomplice to JonBenet's death bicycle home late that morning, maybe before sunrise?

BlueCrab obviously got some things right otherwise we wouldn’t be missing him today!

Let’s not forget that BR was less then a month shy of being prosecuted in this case. Without all that money to hide behind I say justice should have been served. At least let the truth come out so JB can rest at peace. She left this earth plane suddenly and tragically. Surmise this to say, she is not at peace.

If the assault were part of the staging, why bother wiping down JB as that would remove evidence of the scenario which was being promoted? It is possible that something which would incriminate an individual was eradicated.

proust20,

I believe you are onto something here.

In any case, I don't see how there could be much blood as there are no major external wounds. Moving her as she bled would have left a trail in the house.

Was JB blood found on her white blanket? If so, then it is possible that she was carried from her bed in the blanket to the basement per some people’s theory.

Whatever was used in wiping has never been found, as far is known. Its disappearance shows that there was time enough to plot ahead.

Or maybe it was the duvet cover in the suitcase with the adult Dr. Seuss book. Just more evidence that hasn’t come into our view.

JB voided herself outside the WC. This must be figured into the timeline of the staging. The narrative that the staging is meant to evoke is obscure. None of it relates to the demands of the FF. Even IDI offers no explanation of it. The RN is the fulcrum of the staging. It propounds a reason for a 'kidnapping'; but also, it prompts the 911 which must be made before the 7AM flight. Without that flight to MI, subsequent events would have enfolded differently. The murder occurred on an inconvenient date. Though the RN and the 911 indicate that JB is already dead. neither show awareness of SA.

Yes indeed. The FF was PR doing. Interesting that JB and BR sometimes babysitter and taxi driver to school was a member of a FF and household member of the Stine’s; at the time. I wonder if the flight would have changed things other then buying the R’s more time upon the discovery of JB. It’s possible that PR was not aware of the SA. Unlikely considering the evidence but not improbable.

Yes indeed! As I said in my previous post BR wasn’t prosecutable due to his age and money talks.

UKGuy,
Why do you believe the SA is postmortem? Your theory about the binding of the paintbrush was to hide the SA just doesn’t make sense to me. The SA can not be overshadowed by binding it to the rope.

How far did BR carry out the torture of JB? There was a wire found by her body that was said to help tie knots. It is also said that BR got a knot tying book for Christmas that year. There is real anger shown in this crime. I believe that BDI and the true bills explain what happened later. The parents covered it up. I don’t believe PR strangled her daughter; no matter the forensic evidence reflects at this point in time; as we know it. It is very possible that by the time the parents found JB it was to late to take her to the hospital. The SA that would have had to be explained. That’s if it happened before she lost her life.

The computers in the house were taken into evidence with suspicion of JR in reference to the SA. Unless there is evidence of such findings that we don’t know about. If so, why not? Because it was BDI w/the folks as accomplices?

Had BR been coached? It’s very possible. I always go back to PP teaching BR to yell at people that came to his room to “GET OUT”, in no uncertain terms. Also, why would his grandmother be interested in telling of his boy parts and their size? Unusual indeed!

BlueCrab obviously got some things right otherwise we wouldn’t be missing him today!

Let’s not forget that BR was less then a month shy of being prosecuted in this case. Without all that money to hide behind I say justice should have been served. At least let the truth come out so JB can rest at peace. She left this earth plane suddenly and tragically. Surmise this to say, she is not at peace.

Rain on my Parade,
UKGuy,
The SA might be part of the initial assault carried forward to the postmortem phase where the paintbrush is used.

To mask the latter the ligature is bound to the paintbrush so you see its role as separate from the SA, it's an asphyxiation device, right?

Consider how the paintbrush was broken. Who needs to break a paintbrush to asphyxiate a 6-year old girl?

So why break it, why bother?

With the paintbrush already been used to assault JonBenet, it could be it was repurposed to distract from this aspect?

JonBenet does not need a paintbrush to ligature asphyxiate her!

We know JonBenet was alive right up to when she was ligature asphyxiated, so unless you want to suggest the SA via the paintbrush was staging, then it's likely the SA was near postmortem in the sense JonBenet was comatose, followed by the asphyxiation a short time later.

How would the parents know JonBenet had, according to Coroner Meyer, been Digitally Penetrated?

What does a SA using the paintbrush contribute to the crime-scene that a Digital Penetration does not, what is the percentage here?

Assuming the SA via the paintbrush is staging, how does that fit in with a FF Kidnapping, where the abductee is left behind, what is the rationale?

Then we have JonBenet bleeding, as per Coroner Meyer's remarks about her being wiped down, so why bother wiping her down if you want the SA via the paintbrush to be evident, why the cleanup and long johns, if the SA via the paintbrush is intended as staging?

So it's possible the SA via the paintbrush was some kind of near postmortem ritualized assault?

Dead bodies can exert an affect at a distance. BR might have thought JonBenet was deceased, so prompting his use of the paintbrush?

Remember we are talking about chronic abuse also, where BR will have learned a pattern of behavior.

So if the whack on the head interrupted this pattern, then the use of the paintbrush allows it to continue via a SA?

<snip>Alike the dog that never barked the staging is not really staging as it is so inept, i.e. patently not undertaken by an adult.

There will never be any arrest or charges as the case is really BDI. Burke redressed JonBenet in the bloomingdale's size-12's and a pair of his long johns, likely wiping her down with her size-6 underwear.

Patsy conveyed a very important clue when she put the longjohns on JonBenet. Think about the word longjohns. Long John. When a man is sexually aroused, blood goes to his penis making it thicker and longer. A shocked and humiliated Patsy saw John in an aroused state when he was caught with JonBenet. Long John.

proust20,

I believe you are onto something here.

Was JB blood found on her white blanket? If so, then it is possible that she was carried from her bed in the blanket to the basement per some people’s theory.

Or maybe it was the duvet cover in the suitcase with the adult Dr. Seuss book. Just more evidence that hasn’t come into our view.

Yes indeed. The FF was PR doing. Interesting that JB and BR sometimes babysitter and taxi driver to school was a member of a FF and household member of the Stine’s; at the time. I wonder if the flight would have changed things other then buying the R’s more time upon the discovery of JB. It’s possible that PR was not aware of the SA. Unlikely considering the evidence but not improbable.

Yes indeed! As I said in my previous post BR wasn’t prosecutable due to his age and money talks.

Re the bolded (my bolding):

If a person Googles "foreign faction," the only things that appear - on the first few pages, at least - are JBR references. In other words, it's not really an actual "thing.".

Unless it is a term in another language that when roughly translated to English equals "foreign faction," it's simply a made-up phrase clumsily trying to misdirected attention.

The references to a student group at a nearby school as a "foreign faction" is, bluntly, nonsense. And pretty offensive. This wasn't 1970 and it wasn't Charles Manson's merry band of quasi-political/ philosophical/psychopathic "children.". Ethnic groups at universities in the 1980s and 1990s were not hotbeds of scary agitation, just mainly a way for students to connect with others of similar heritage.

Accidentally successful stroke of genius by the RN writer to actually divert attention to such a lousy and awkward red herring.

It really shouldn't be given weight at all.

Re the bolded (my bolding):

If a person Googles "foreign faction," the only things that appear - on the first few pages, at least - are JBR references. In other words, it's not really an actual "thing.".

Unless it is a term in another language that when roughly translated to English equals "foreign faction," it's simply a made-up phrase clumsily trying to misdirected attention.

The references to a student group at a nearby school as a "foreign faction" is, bluntly, nonsense. And pretty offensive. This wasn't 1970 and it wasn't Charles Manson's merry band of quasi-political/ philosophical/psychopathic "children.". Ethnic groups at universities in the 1980s and 1990s were not hotbeds of scary agitation, just mainly a way for students to connect with others of similar heritage.

Accidentally successful stroke of genius by the RN writer to actually divert attention to such a lousy and awkward red herring.

It really shouldn't be given weight at all.

Sassafrass,
Here for your reference:
Things are slow, so maybe this unusual little lead could be investigated further.

When the person who wrote the ransom note finished writing it he signed off with S.B.T.C

Was it the writer's mistake to leave off the final period? Or did the writer intend to leave it off?

How many people, who use four initials to identify themselves, would put periods after each initial except the last one? It's rather unusual, unless they do it all of the time.

I can't make the link work (maybe one of you can), but please type "Asian Pacific American Coalition" into your search engine and then scroll down and click on the one that says "Asian Pacific American Coalition: Last updated on April 14, 1997 by K.J.L.B Groups", then scroll to the bottom of that page.

Note that K.J.L.B Groups is missing the period after "B", the last letter, just as S.B.T.C is missing the period after "C", the last letter.

Now this missing period all by itself would not be important, except that APAC was a pro-active "group of individuals" at Colorado University and its 29 members could loosely be described as "a small foreign faction". APAC suspiciously shut down shortly after JonBenet was murdered, even though it had been in business for years. The University said the group's financial activity ceased after 1996, although it left its website up but untended. The group had speakers scheduled for its meetings in 1997 but abandoned them too.

APAC's connection to the JonBenet case is by way of Nathan Inouye, the teen college student who lived at the Stine's house and was Doug Stine's caregiver while the parents, Glen and Susan Stine, worked at the University. Nathan was a member of APAC.

Doug Stine was Burke Ramsey's best friend, and Nathan was often with the two boys. Nathan continued to live at the Stine's even after the Ramseys and the Paughs moved into the Stine's house and stayed there for five months.

Can a missing "period" tell us something about the writer? Perhaps. One other thing that "K.J.L.B" and "S.B.T.C" have in common : We don't know what the four initials stand for.

JMO

Ethnic groups at universities in the 1980s and 1990s were not hotbeds of scary agitation, just mainly a way for students to connect with others of similar heritage.

Yes, indeed. It was still considered a small FF @ the time. I’m not saying Nathan had anything to do w/the crime. I am saying that PR was familiar with the term.

Rain on my Parade,

The SA might be part of the initial assault carried forward to the postmortem phase where the paintbrush is used.

To mask the latter the ligature is bound to the paintbrush so you see its role as separate from the SA, it's an asphyxiation device, right?

Consider how the paintbrush was broken. Who needs to break a paintbrush to asphyxiate a 6-year old girl?

So why break it, why bother?

With the paintbrush already been used to assault JonBenet, it could be it was repurposed to distract from this aspect?

JonBenet does not need a paintbrush to ligature asphyxiate her!

We know JonBenet was alive right up to when she was ligature asphyxiated, so unless you want to suggest the SA via the paintbrush was staging, then it's likely the SA was near postmortem in the sense JonBenet was comatose, followed by the asphyxiation a short time later.

How would the parents know JonBenet had, according to Coroner Meyer, been Digitally Penetrated?

What does a SA using the paintbrush contribute to the crime-scene that a Digital Penetration does not, what is the percentage here?

Assuming the SA via the paintbrush is staging, how does that fit in with a FF Kidnapping, where the abductee is left behind, what is the rationale?

Then we have JonBenet bleeding, as per Coroner Meyer's remarks about her being wiped down, so why bother wiping her down if you want the SA via the paintbrush to be evident, why the cleanup and long johns, if the SA via the paintbrush is intended as staging?

So it's possible the SA via the paintbrush was some kind of near postmortem ritualized assault?

Dead bodies can exert an affect at a distance. BR might have thought JonBenet was deceased, so prompting his use of the paintbrush?

Remember we are talking about chronic abuse also, where BR will have learned a pattern of behavior.

So if the whack on the head interrupted this pattern, then the use of the paintbrush allows it to continue via a SA?

UKGuy,
I agree with the your last sentence. It is entirely possible that BR did everything to JB. He could have wiped JB thinking he was hiding the SA. Rage consumed he whittled that paintbrush (helping to break it) or else, he already had made the device minus the paintbrush; then used it in what he considered a ligature device. They called it a garrote but it was actually a toggle rope.

Interesting:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-days-of-jonbenet.316735/reply?quote=12799569

IMO only BR used it as a toggle rope and included the paintbrush as such. I still fail to see how using it was to hide the SA.

Last edited:
It is worth noting that much of the posts above assumes that the head blow preceded the asphyxiation. If that were not the order, then the blow could be staging. In any case, the staging does not suggest SA. JB could have been left unclothed. Instead, she was wrapped in a blanket. To what JB had been subjected is unknown. SA does not necessarily involve penetration. Given JB's career, voyeurism seems possible. The basement photos?

The chronic SA forms the best motive. IMO the last assault was not staged. As her abuse continued, it would have evolved. Christmas night things went over the edge. JB could have resisted. Although, there aren't signs that she struggled. The abuser may have lost control completely, which seems more likely. However, it is possible that the last assault was meant to cover the chronic situation. But this would betray guilty knowledge of JB's past. As for PR's awareness, there are the dozens of visits to Dr. Beuf, who remains a mystery man. How deep her denial of what was happening in her family?

The paintbrush in the ligature could have been an improvisation or a well-considered choice. How much premeditation? Its use in the SA, if true, suggests it was at hand in a frenzied moment. Or else the paintbrush could have possessed a particular, symbolic meaning to the disturbed mind behind the crime? The perp could be saying- murder is an art? Logic can be applied, but always within limits when dealing with the irrational. PR's art supplies had been moved recently to the basement. One wonders what would have been used if they had not been there.

BTW artist's paintbrushes can be broken easily by stepping on them. Use of hands is not needed.

Last edited:
UKGuy,
I agree with the your last sentence. It is entirely possible that BR did everything to JB. He could have wiped JB thinking he was hiding the SA. Rage consumed he whittled that paintbrush (helping to break it) or else, he already had made the device minus the paintbrush; then used it in what he considered a ligature device. They called it a garrote but it was actually a toggle rope.

Interesting:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-days-of-jonbenet.316735/reply?quote=12799569

IMO only BR used it as a toggle rope and included the paintbrush as such. I still fail to see how using it was to hide the SA.

Rain on my Parade,
The actual details are difficult to pin down, but I reckon BR, as you suggest, assaulted JonBenet and carried out most of the staging, and in the order we might expect?

This implies he moved JonBenet to the basement or she was already there? Cosider BR's remarks to Dr. Phil about being downstairs:
Dr Phil Interview with Burke Ramsey, episode 2, excerpt
Dr Phil: I think your dad had said he used the flashlight that night to put you to bed, and then you snuck downstairs to play?

Burke: Yeah, I had some toy that I wanted to put together. I remember being downstairs after everyone was kinda in bed, and wanting to get this thing out.

Dr Phil: Did you use the flashlight, so you wouldn't be seen?

Burke: I don't remember. I just remember being downstairs, I remember this toy.

Dr Phil: Did you hit your sister over the head with a baseball bat of a flashlight?

Burke:Absolutely not.
So was JonBenet present and where exactly is downstairs, e.g. basement?

Minimally JonBenet and Burke could have been downstairs playing with their toys, which ended up in a fight?

I'm assuming the paintbrush was used to assault JonBenet before she was ligature asphyxiated by say Patsy?

So to divorce the paintbrush from the SA, Patsy makes it part of the asphyxiation staging!

Except Patsy was unaware of the splinter, birefringement foreign material, or cellulose left inside JonBenet.

The separation of the paintbrush from the SA and its association with the asphyxiation would have looked like a good staging job to Patsy?

For your delectation, the missing piece of the paintbrush was patently bloodstained and was removed alike JonBenet's size-6 Bloomingdale's?

The fact that Patsy engages with the paintbrush at all given that it was used to assault JonBenet must suggest she knew what role it had played in JonBenet's death and why it needed to be re-staged?

The paintbrush in the ligature was not necessary to asphyxiate and it was a peculiar choice to do so. The CS is characterized by an excess that is in keeping with the murder. Asphyxiating your daughter with a personal, superfluous item is extremely risky. With so much attention given to staging, leaving such a tell-tale piece of evidence seems careless. It's not something easily overlooked like the pineapple. If PR meant to deflect suspicion from BR, elements in the staging could have been better rearranged to point away from him. For instance, JB could have been attired appropriately or the Swiss Army knife removed.

The paintbrush in the ligature was not necessary to asphyxiate and it was a peculiar choice to do so. The CS is characterized by an excess that is in keeping with the murder. Asphyxiating your daughter with a personal, superfluous item is extremely risky. With so much attention given to staging, leaving such a tell-tale piece of evidence seems careless. It's not something easily overlooked like the pineapple. If PR meant to deflect suspicion from BR, elements in the staging could have been better rearranged to point away from him. For instance, JB could have been attired appropriately or the Swiss Army knife removed.

proust20,
If PR meant to deflect suspicion from BR, elements in the staging could have been better rearranged to point away from him. For instance, JB could have been attired appropriately or the Swiss Army knife removed.

I agree, but Patsy was not starting from scratch, ex nihilo, she and JR were dealing with whatever Burke had left behind.

They wanted to minimize their involvement so to avoid adding more forensic evidence, so rather than overhauling the crime-scene they tweaked it, in an attempt to stage another crime-scene, e.g. an abduction?

I do not think the parents had the luxury of time to work out precisely what to do?

Their vacation flight schedule hemmed them in,restricting their staging options.

Your staging critique is valid, but does this not demonstrate how pressed for time the parents must have been.

Running through my mind over the last two or three posts is a thought about BR's remarks to Dr Phil about returning back downstairs:

OK, so was the Estimated Time of Death assumed to be somewhere around Midnight? Add in the time JonBenet may have been lying in a coma, does this not suggest BR was up and about around the same time JonBenet was taking her last breathes of air?

BR's remarks to Dr. Phil just appear self-incriminating, that's really weird ...

<snip> They called it a garrote but it was actually a toggle rope.</snip>

What if the paintbrush and cord had been used in a different manner than what they were found? John referred to the paintbrush as a twister in his June 1998 BPD interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288