Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

Where do you think BL is right now?

• Mexico

Votes: 50 7.1%
  • Cuba

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Canada

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Carlton Reserve, FL

Votes: 98 13.8%
  • Somewhere else in FL

Votes: 166 23.4%
  • New York

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in the US

Votes: 306 43.2%
  • Somewhere else in the world

Votes: 32 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't actually meaning that BUT that's a great point you've raised regarding maybe GP did lie because she felt embarrassed that they'd run out of money? Perhaps that's a plausible option.

However, what I was getting at was did BL tell GP he was flying home, but he didn't actually go home?

He took the van though. We know he liked to be out in the wilderness doing his own thing. Did he tell her he was flying home, left in the van, and just literally hiked for a week somewhere?

I don't believe there are ANY confirmed sightings of him during the week that he was supposedly back home in FL.

As always, happy to be corrected on this as there has been so much info to mull over and digest with this case.

MOO

She had enough money for him to steal over $1000 of it on his way back to Florida.

Did Gabby have her phone during that police stop? I ask because people are wondering why Brian pulled out his phone in the middle of it. I thought maybe he could be trying to text her to not say anything bad about him to police? ‍

I just pondered that since I know I've used my phone in an uncomfortable situation before to text someone in the room something I didn't want everyone else to hear.

“As the "major" part of the search ended Friday, Taylor said Saturday's and Sunday's efforts will be focusing on "areas of more likelihood."

Law enforcement won't be providing regular updates unless something of note is found over the weekend, Taylor said” here

ugh, the radio silence is getting to me. Not been able to function properly today trying to keep up with any new news & listening to scanner. And now we know that we won’t be getting regular updates. Fingers crossed they find him soon!

Did Gabby have her phone during that police stop? I ask because people are wondering why Brian pulled out his phone in the middle of it. I thought maybe he could be trying to text her to not say anything bad about him to police? ‍♀️ I just pondered that since I know I've use my phone in an uncomfortable situation before to text someone in the room something I didn't want everyone else to hear.

MOO

Yes, she had her phone. She was in the back seat of the police car, as I remember things, supposedly communicating with her mother.

I don’t remember the context around BL pulling out his phone.

MOO

Did Gabby have her phone during that police stop? I ask because people are wondering why Brian pulled out his phone in the middle of it. I thought maybe he could be trying to text her to not say anything bad about him to police? ‍

I just pondered that since I know I've used my phone in an uncomfortable situation before to text someone in the room something I didn't want everyone else to hear.

Police would never allow that. The whole purposes of separate questioning is to see if they have the same story.

Yes, I appreciate you guys bringing this up. Her sentence is weird altogether to me.

She said, "Because that's what he did when he is..."

I don't want to overanalyze her because she might have been nervous, but the use of two different tenses raised my brows. Does she mean "that was what he did when he was," "that's what he does when he is," or what?

I don't understand the statement in the context that this was something he did once -- as in August 17th to the 23rd. She sounds like she's trying to say something happened habitually. Does anyone disagree?
I’m having trouble finding the actual video of her saying that….it’s in the ABC transcript I posted but it’s edited out of the choppy video (so annoying! I know I’ve seen it previously!) so it’s hard to tell if they just got the transcript wording a bit wrong as they sometimes do. I definitely remember when I watched it thinking she was leading into saying “that’s what he did” recently or something about the specific recent flight but that could’ve been my bias because I already thought he’d done that recently. But I see what you’re saying about how the phrasing could be referring to more of a habitual thing. Sorta doubt it, but possible.

She was on it. The cop came and spoke to her at one point, and when he was done, he said he'd let her get back to her phone call and he closed the SUV door.

Here is an amazing map of the case someone compiled and posted in a previous thread. I don't know who to give credit to because I had to search for it in my google chrome history, but it's a great resource

GP - Google My Maps

This map indicates the road trip started in New York. Is it know that this where the van was purchased and/or outfitted and/or they prepared for the trip? Maybe somebody could clarify (sorry if it's been done already...) why the trip isn't viewed as originating in Florida where Gabby and Brian were living?

Also, random unrelated question that may have also been discussed, but is "storage unit" code-speak for that shed in the Laundrie's back yard? The whole 'moving things around for 5 days' is as puzzling to me as it is to everyone who is missing a lot of information about those days they two of them were apart.

There’s been some talk that BL went to Canada. The last time I checked Canada wanted proof that a person is fully vaccinated before allowing them into the country. Is that still true? I go to the Pacific Northwest fairly often and that was a condition the last time I was there, right after they allowed US citizens into the country.

That means he would need a fake passport or passport card and also a fake vaccination card, both in another name, even if he has been vaccinated (to enter legally). Unless they knew a pretty good forgerer it seems kind of a stretch they could handle this. If I forged documents I doubt that I would do it for someone who I knew was on the run from possible murder charges (although maybe done before the story broke).

I think he is in the US, likely someplace where he can avoid detection — and not roaming in the wilderness. There are many areas in the country where is this story is not widely followed. I know many people who don’t know anything about Gabby or BL.

jmo

She had enough money for him to steal over $1000 of it on his way back to Florida.

OK, so let's rule out the "they ran out of money" theory on that basis.

I just get the feeling that he told her he was going back to FL for a week, and she in turn relayed this to her parents, but maybe he didn't actually go.

He went somewhere, in the van, but who knows where, since there are no sightings, confirmation or verification that he did indeed fly home for a week.

MOO

I’m having trouble finding the actual video of her saying that….it’s in the ABC transcript I posted but it’s edited out of the choppy video (so annoying! I know I’ve seen it previously!) so it’s hard to tell if they just got the transcript wording a bit wrong as they sometimes do. I definitely remember when I watched it thinking she was leading into saying “that’s what he did” recently or something about the specific recent flight but that could’ve been my bias because I already thought he’d done that recently. But I see what you’re saying about how the phrasing could be referring to more of a habitual thing. Sorta doubt it, but possible.

Thanks. The reason I don't doubt it though is because it could be that Brian left her often. And she was afraid he'd leave her before the police stop. Maybe he left her before when he was mad on one of their past trips.

I'll try to listen to the interview also and see if I hear anything different from the transcript. That's a good idea. Thanks!

MOO

And the first interview with her friend, in the Daily Mail, has an entire forest of red flags.

IMO
Many red flags, tho mine may be different than yours...
MOO: I am struggling trusting the information from the friend found on Bumble, something about playing both sides of the fence and opinions, and I am unsure if there are financial or other personally valuable benefits to her publicity.

If Gabby did find her through Bumble, I think, again, MOO, Bumble is a flag...may not be the only relationship app involved. Who knows, but it COULD help explain some of the dynamics, not excuse them, but give insight. My two cents ONLY!

IMO, the two text messages reported as suspicious by GP’s mom are really good evidence.

Yes, it's good evidence but I wouldn't call it sufficient evidence. They'd need more than that, like something that specifically ties him to the murder scene that can't be explained away by them cohabitating. He for instance seems like a weird guy and he also appears to have been in a panic, which even if he was innocent he might not want to tell her parents that she was murdered so was engaging in a dilatory tactic as he decided what to do. I think he engaged in that dilatory tactic because he was the murderer, but you'd need better than that for an actual serious criminal conviction instead of just a mere opinion on a message board.

MOO

Yes, she had her phone. She was in the back seat of the police car, as I remember things, supposedly communicating with her mother.

I don’t remember the context around BL pulling out his phone.

MOO

I think he actually had her phone and he gives it to the police to hand back to her. He had it stashed in the car and opened it up with his faceID

Just marked these routes in a new layer on the map, marked "HITCHIKING AUG 29". I also added Chapel of the Sacred Heart to show the direction that the second hitchhiking driver would have been coming from (just south of the dam)

You may have to refresh the page to see changes.

I see it now, thanks! Is there any option to make the hitch-hiking route a different color? I'm guessing not.

Here is the map. I am still working on adding additional information about Gabby and Brian's movements but I've already pinned/mapped the hitchhiking routes he took.

Oh, nice.. I like that I can see the two separate hitch hiking routes on there... that was something that really confused me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong