Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #4 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of all the reconstructions and PM photos available, this woman to me mostly resembles the original front-facing sketch from 1980.

Looking at the photo, the hair length/style/color looks right, along with the round face and weak chin. The nose seems a bit big but that could be from the angle. Hard to determine eye color for sure. She seems tall and lanky which would fit WCJD’s 5 ft 6 in and 108 lbs.

Overall, very exciting news!

probably means not only do they know who she was but also knows who murdered her. The photo does look nearly close to her except the nose but that could be due to the age and quality of the photo
I don't think it necessarily means they know who murdered her. The same message appears for Margaret Fetterolf (Woodlawn Jane Doe) and her murder hasn't been solved yet.

probably means not only do they know who she was but also knows who murdered her. The photo does look nearly close to her except the nose but that could be due to the age and quality of the photo

I meant that Namus used to just display a "not found" error no matter why the page is down. I've never seen a "resolved" message before. I've been away for a month or so--if they've started giving that information, it makes me very happy.

Purely speculation of course, but going off the narrative of the possibility of Rebekah lady being our girl, maybe she was going there to blow the whistle on what was going on at the home. I dunno, I'm just brain storming. Obviously you'd think she'd approach a police station but maybe she didn't know where one was or it was further than the prison. Highly unlikely I know, just thinking

Wow

"I just received a message from a friend of the family of the girl formerly known as Walker County Jane Doe.
Walker County Jane Doe has been identified. She was not from the state of Texas. All of the persons about whom there has been speculation, including a girl shown in a photo that just surfaced today are not WCJD.
The family is obviously traumatized by the news, and has requested that I keep any specifics in confidence, and I am honoring that request.
There are still many members of her family who have not received the news, and for the time being, they want to maintain a circle of privacy. They have been following in recent days how much attention this case has attracted over the years, and need time to grieve before any information about her goes public.
Thank you all for your interest in this case, and thank you for your understanding.
Carl K"

BIG UPDATE FROM CARL ON WCJD PAGE:

I just received a message from a friend of the family of the girl formerly known as Walker County Jane Doe.
Walker County Jane Doe has been identified. She was not from the state of Texas. All of the persons about whom there has been speculation, including a girl shown in a photo that just surfaced today are not WCJD.
The family is obviously traumatized by the news, and has requested that I keep any specifics in confidence, and I am honoring that request.
There are still many members of her family who have not received the news, and for the time being, they want to maintain a circle of privacy. They have been following in recent days how much attention this case has attracted over the years, and need time to grieve before any information about her goes public.
Thank you all for your interest in this case, and thank you for your understanding.
Carl K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member