SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I can think of is that Paul wasn’t there during her murder, and wasn’t supposed to be there after.

What if Maggie was told Alex was going to take Grandaddy M to the hospital and so she decided to stay at Moselle to be close by. In reality Alex was there, unbeknownst to her.
She was ambushed and hunted in the dark with the AR-15 that is now unaccounted for.

Alex left, disposed of Maggie’s phone as he drove away, and threw the murder weapon in the Salkehatchie River along his route as he headed to his parents’ house in Varnville.

When he returned to Moselle to “discover” Maggie’s body, he found Paul had come home unexpectedly. Paul got to the scene, which had not been completely manipulated yet in a way that would not implicate Alex (not sure what this might be, but I think there had to be some reason Alex couldn’t just play along and call 911 at that point). Paul had grabbed a nearby shotgun and a struggle ensued.

That’s the only way I can make that scenario work. MOO
Good scenario. In one of the articles from FitNews Paul was said to be 'couch surfing' with friends, and even staying at his Uncle's after school was out.

JMO

June 4, 2021: Court ordered mediation in the wrongful death lawsuit fails, which appears to make the case bound for trial.

Murdaugh Murder Timeline: SLED discovers 'other potential crimes'

I really do think this could have been the problem between AM And MM.

Mediation fails in lawsuit over boat crash that killed Mallory Beach. Is a trial next?

Beach, the defendants, lawyers representing both sides, and a neutral mediator met last month for an 8 1/2-hour mediation, but were deadlocked, according to a recent court filing. It said the mediation was “at an impasse.”

The mediation had already been delayed multiple times.

10/19/2020

Mediation fails in lawsuit over boat crash that killed Mallory Beach. Is a trial next?

No actions have been taken in the case, according to public court documents, since Murdaugh’s bond was modified on July 29, 2019.

Murdaugh Murders: Authorities discover evidence of 'other potential crimes,' FBI contacted

Murdaugh Murders: Authorities discover 'other potential crimes'

This scattershot approach seems to just keep making the water cloudy and I sincerely hope they are concentrating efforts on THE crime that brought us here. They have plenty of time to chase AMs financial crimes and this other stuff. Somebody (or more than one) is possibly walking among these citizens of this state free, having brutally killed 2 people and shouldn’t be since they would be potentially very dangerous.

Edit, I get that headlines are meant to grab readers but this “Murders” appearing with every report about the soap opera of this “power family” and who is at what beach house, money theft, is just boring at this point.

Last edited:
favicons
FITSNEWS.COM ›

Murdaugh Murders: Alex’s Attorneys Try To Block Subpoena For Medical Records After ‘Shooting’

Well they got statements from the hospital nurses when the boat accident happened and how AM was trying to control the situation.

I’m sure there is some authority that can talks to nurses at AM’s arrival and condition, and who visited.

Good scenario. In one of the articles from FitNews Paul was said to be 'couch surfing' with friends, and even staying at his Uncle's after school was out.

JMO
He could have shown up at Moselle to go back to the beach house with his Mom? I wonder what their texting history shows in the couple days before the murders. I'm sure he was being coached about his upcoming trial. Maybe he'd had enough and made plans to meet up with his Mom?

He could have shown up at Moselle to go back to the beach house with his Mom? I wonder what their texting history shows in the couple days before the murders. I'm sure he was being coached about his upcoming trial. Maybe he'd had enough and made plans to meet up with his Mom?
They may have wanted to keep a close eye on him, make sure he stayed sober before the trial started.

They may have wanted to keep a close eye on him, make sure he stayed sober before the trial started.
I remember reading somewhere that PM had a traffic citation AND a boating citation within the 2 years AFTER the fatal boating accident.
Probably a news link on one of these threads?
Anyway seems that PM wasn’t being babysat well enough during that time.
Wonder if the LE officer (‘s) that gave him a citation during that time suffered any kind of discipline at work after the fact??

I may be wrong but I thought I knew outdoor laws pretty well here. I’ve always thought that if someone was charged with a violation, be it hunting, boating, etc, that those privileges were suspended for a period of time and could cause charges to be brought if the person was caught again.

I remember reading somewhere that PM had a traffic citation AND a boating citation within the 2 years AFTER the fatal boating accident.
Probably a news link on one of these threads?
Anyway seems that PM wasn’t being babysat well enough during that time.
Wonder if the LE officer (‘s) that gave him a citation during that time suffered any kind of discipline at work after the fact??
If I recall correctly at least one of those cases was in Charleston. The officer involved would be listed on the SC courts page.

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/21068280/death-certificate-1.pdf
https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article254434378.html

How did Jeremy Simmons, owner/pharmacist of Beaufort Pharmacy and Compounding (Beaufort SC) - who also owns Carolina Pharmacy of the Lowcountry (Hampton SC)* - come into possession of a certified** copy of Gloria Satterfield's Death Certificate? What is his connection, if any, to Gloria Satterfield and/or the Murdaughs?

According to the SC Dept. of Health only a restricted set of people can obtain them.
Death Certificates | SCDHEC

You are entitled to obtain a certified copy of a death certificate if you are:

An immediate member of the decedent's family. Immediate family member is defined as:

Parent
Grandparent
Spouse (not divorced)
Sibling
Child
Grandchild

A legal representative of one of these

Others who can demonstrate evidence that they have a tangible interest in a personal or property right and that the death certificate is needed to settle that (such as beneficiaries on a life insurance policy, joint
owners on a property, etc.).

Other applicants may be provided a statement that the death occurred, including the date and county of death, but not an actual certified copy of a death certificate.

Death certificates become public records after 50 years. Then any person may obtain an uncertified copy of the death certificate, upon submission of application form and fees.

The following death certificates are issued to those legally entitled to receive them:

** Death Long Certificate which contains all information, including the cause of death.

Death Short Certificate contains limited information excluding the cause of death. However, it does contain the manner of death.

Death Statement contains the decedent's name, county, and date of death.

* CAROLINA PHARMACY OF THE LOWCOUNTRY
(BEAUFORT PHARMACY AND COMPOUNDING LLC) NPI 1225394760
810 Elm St E, Hampton, SC
https://npiprofile.com/npi/1225394760

If I recall correctly at least one of those cases was in Charleston. The officer involved would be listed on the SC courts page.

According to records obtained by the Island Packet and Beaufort Gazette, he received a traffic ticket in May 2020 for driving more than 15 mph over the speed limit, and was fined for a minor boating violation earlier this year in Charleston County.

Murdered Paul Murdaugh reportedly had more brushes with law

I think the death cert was simply faxed from that location, after the person faxing it paid a fee.

Not everyone has a fax machine these days, and it's common for retail outlets to offer fax services for a small fee.
I doubt that the owner of the store was involved at all. MOO

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/21068280/death-certificate-1.pdf
https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article254434378.html

How did Jeremy Simmons, owner/pharmacist of Beaufort Pharmacy and Compounding (Beaufort SC) - who also owns Carolina Pharmacy of the Lowcountry (Hampton SC)* - come into possession of a certified** copy of Gloria Satterfield's Death Certificate? What is his connection, if any, to Gloria Satterfield and/or the Murdaughs?

According to the SC Dept. of Health only a restricted set of people can obtain them.
Death Certificates | SCDHEC

You are entitled to obtain a certified copy of a death certificate if you are:

An immediate member of the decedent's family. Immediate family member is defined as:

Parent
Grandparent
Spouse (not divorced)
Sibling
Child
Grandchild

A legal representative of one of these

Others who can demonstrate evidence that they have a tangible interest in a personal or property right and that the death certificate is needed to settle that (such as beneficiaries on a life insurance policy, joint
owners on a property, etc.).

Other applicants may be provided a statement that the death occurred, including the date and county of death, but not an actual certified copy of a death certificate.

Death certificates become public records after 50 years. Then any person may obtain an uncertified copy of the death certificate, upon submission of application form and fees.

The following death certificates are issued to those legally entitled to receive them:

** Death Long Certificate which contains all information, including the cause of death.

Death Short Certificate contains limited information excluding the cause of death. However, it does contain the manner of death.

Death Statement contains the decedent's name, county, and date of death.

* CAROLINA PHARMACY OF THE LOWCOUNTRY
(BEAUFORT PHARMACY AND COMPOUNDING LLC) NPI 1225394760
810 Elm St E, Hampton, SC
https://npiprofile.com/npi/1225394760

Sheesh... Regardless if he was legally allowed to operate a boat, it's shocking to me that he would WANT to operate a boat after being involved with a boating fatality. IMO

According to records obtained by the Island Packet and Beaufort Gazette, he received a traffic ticket in May 2020 for driving more than 15 mph over the speed limit, and was fined for a minor boating violation earlier this year in Charleston County.

Murdered Paul Murdaugh reportedly had more brushes with law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members