Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

Where do you think BL is right now?

• Mexico

Votes: 50 7.1%
  • Cuba

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Canada

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Carlton Reserve, FL

Votes: 98 13.8%
  • Somewhere else in FL

Votes: 166 23.4%
  • New York

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in the US

Votes: 306 43.2%
  • Somewhere else in the world

Votes: 32 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Brian Entin’s Q&A livestream:

”The FBI has apparently been going to certain restaurants asking for surveillance video to try see if they had video of the Laundries eating at certain places after Gabby went missing when Brian came back.”

”Yesterday, they released one of these interviews and they talked about the search, but they were really explaining that it’s not just the search at the reserve, they’re doing all sorts of other things behind the scenes too. So, kind of what was mentioned earlier, I heard they had been at several restaurants looking for surveillance video. While the focus seems to be the reserve, I think that there’s a lot of other stuff going on too.”

”So, they are searching at reserve again today. From what I understand, there’s not quite as many officers over there searching, but they are searching.”

To me this suggests that LE believes tracing the Laundrie family’s movements might either a) shed light on Brian’s whereabouts or b) provide information/evidence relating to Gabby’s death. It seems even if Brian is in the swamp, LE thinks some sort of valuable intel can still be gained by looking at the Laundrie’s past movements, MOO.

Thank you! That’s exactly what I was looking for! So, as of April 2021, not routine, but possible. (Again, assuming that the DNA hadn’t been totally destroyed.)

Fortunately, DNA is rarely totally destroyed. There's a whole subscience of anthropology studying DNA from ancient stomach contents - thousands of years old. One of the first uses of that kind of technology was on fossils from near Chaco Canyon. We also study fossilized poop (coprology). Not my thing, but it's definitely. a thing - and has led to some amazing findings about how pyramids were built, what the workers ate, and in both hemispheres. And much else, of course. For example, we know conclusively that pre-Columbian Native Americans on the east coast of the US used nicotine as a means of capital punishment...

The thoughts I have not been able to move from:

Gabby has been located. The autopsy likely has revealed to investigators an apx date of death.

If Gabby was alive when Brian left, a fuel stop and other time line elements should be able to validate that. He hasn’t came out in any way as far as we know to share his timeline with law enforcement. To try to clear the air by stating he had already left.

If Gabby met her homocidal death while he was still there, why is he not working with authorities to bring justice to her and find her killer? Why was there no 911 call at some point?

I have tried to wrap my mind around alternate possibilities, but these are the basic things that I keep coming back to. Those, along with the massive man hunt for him.
In my opinion BL taking off and not talking to LE shows a consciousness of guilt.
Flight, when unexplained, may indicate consciousness of guilt if the facts and the circumstances support it.
Consciousness of Guilt Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.

BL"... she's trying to start up like her own little website blog and everything, so I gave her time...".

Why does he need to "give her time?" He seems that he is entitled to choose what they do when they do it, and on his time schedule. I think he considers himself gracious and giving that he would allow her to have time. It also bothers me that he can not do something seemingly minor for GP, like keep his feet clean.

BL's parents seem to cater to him. BL thinks the world should cater to him; as if everybody owes him something.
Yes, and after slapping her on the sidewalk, he told her to go for a walk, while he locked himself in HER van.

Y’all I feel like I’m going crazy. Why can’t I find the full unedited version of the Cassie Laundrie interview online, only the transcript, but the video has pieces cut out? I swear I’d seen it in full previously. If anyone can find it, I want to clear up what she said about the flight to see if the language in the transcript is correct regarding the word “is”
Often with news interviews, networks or stations will show bits here and there to attract viewership on different days and different shows on the network/channel. Also due to the constraints on commercial blocks/breaks interviews get interrupted.

The thoughts I have not been able to move from:

Gabby has been located. The autopsy likely has revealed to investigators an apx date of death.

If Gabby was alive when Brian left, a fuel stop and other time line elements should be able to validate that. He hasn’t came out in any way as far as we know to share his timeline with law enforcement. To try to clear the air by stating he had already left.

If Gabby met her homocidal death while he was still there, why is he not working with authorities to bring justice to her and find her killer? Why was there no 911 call at some point?

I have tried to wrap my mind around alternate possibilities, but these are the basic things that I keep coming back to. Those, along with the massive man hunt for him.

I for one....am convinced by the circumstantial evidence so far, he played a part in her death. But, reflecting on his own words....he wants to separate/run when life becomes too stressful. Panic, fear, grief...he ran. Did not get too far, went back for the van...we need a trial.

Anyone know (not speculation) how it works as far as adding to the reward. Can folks just contact the law firm that initially offered the reward? Who is legally in charge of combining funds, holding funds, and releasing this information? Can they solicit additional funds? Looking for legal answers only, thanks in advance :)

I think the BL would support Gabby's endeavor as long as he saw the possibility of a future income and a means of support for him. If successful, they could get a bigger, better vehicle. BL could live free and dabble in his traced drawings. He could be a kept man but rule the roost by dragging Gabby down.

How serious was the engagement? I’ve seen someone post the couple’s engagement photo on this site. However, GP was not wearing an engagement ring. Did he even buy her one? Were they actually engaged or was he just dreaming that a girl like GP would actually agree to marry him?

I believe it was Gabby herself that was saying that they were engaged?

According to a Petito family attorney, the pair had gotten engaged, but postponed their wedding plans because of the coronavirus pandemic and decided to take the trip instead.
Gabby Petito timeline: Everything we know about her disappearance

Petito had posted on Instagram that she got engaged to Brian Laundrie in July 2020.
"Brian asked me to marry him and I said yes! @bizarre_design_ you make life feel unreal, and everyday is such a dream with you ," Petito wrote in the now-removed post.
Gabby Petito's mom said she and her fiancé had called off their engagement before going on the cross-country trip where she vanished

From Brian Entin’s Q&A livestream:

”The FBI has apparently been going to certain restaurants asking for surveillance video to try see if they had video of the Laundries eating at certain places after Gabby went missing when Brian came back.”

”Yesterday, they released one of these interviews and they talked about the search, but they were really explaining that it’s not just the search at the reserve, they’re doing all sorts of other things behind the scenes too. So, kind of what was mentioned earlier, I heard they had been at several restaurants looking for surveillance video. While the focus seems to be the reserve, I think that there’s a lot of other stuff going on too.”

”So, they are searching at reserve again today. From what I understand, there’s not quite as many officers over there searching, but they are searching.”
Good - I hope to learn more about what this family was up to September 1 starting around 10:26am until September 11 - I also think he contacted them before driving to FL in her Van
JMO

Anyone know (not speculation) how it works as far as adding to the reward. Can folks just contact the law firm that initially offered the reward? Who is legally in charge of combining funds, holding funds, and releasing this information? Can they solicit additional funds? Looking for legal answers only, thanks in advance :)

It's not really/necessarily a legal question. If you are interested, contacting the reward-offererer - with the first question being are they accepting add-ons - is the best way to get your answers.

Yeah, sorry. I misunderstood. Maybe you could, but DNA wouldn't be a great way to do it, cells are lysed in cooking and digestion and then there is nothing to protect the DNA, and you'd have a lot of different DNA all mixed together. There are other testing methods to analyze stomach contents, though. The last meal of Tollund Man: new analyses of his gut content | Antiquity | Cambridge Core

You're right - they used microfossils, as the plant DNA was degraded. This kind of study is. not without. cost. either, but very commonly done in autopsies,

Agree! With only one “additional”, The PUBLIC “disrespect” that HE SAW when Gabby continued to apologize for his “bad behavior” toward employees at the Tex Mex restaurant, IMO, was his complete UNDOING. I wouldn’t be surprised if Gabby was never allowed to exit that van alive after that event. And if she was, I think her death was premeditated from that point on; from the ride from the restaurant to their camp spot on the side of the road, where if premeditated, he encouraged her to walk to the area near the creek/river where her body was found. I think he then, may have exploded on her in rage, blindsided her and may have taken her life right there. The only credence I give to the idea he was controlled and patient enough to plan her demise and that he may have waited to carry it through, is that taking her life from her where she was found consumes less of his own energy. Also, passers-by seeing a guy carrying what could be a dead body wrapped in a tent or other camping equipment to hide that she was a body, could also cause him to “do it” where she was found. JMO. And a terribly sad and regretful theory at that. RIP Gabby. Sorrow for your love ones.
I totally agree except that I think he was just going to give her a beating to teach her a lesson but his rage was too much.

To me this suggests that LE believes tracing the Laundrie family’s movements might either a) shed light on Brian’s whereabouts or b) provide information/evidence relating to Gabby’s death. It seems even if Brian is in the swamp, LE thinks some sort of valuable intel can still be gained by looking at the Laundrie’s past movements, MOO.
Hopefully also to determine when BL went missing. If he were in a local restaurant on a specific day - we would know that he was seen in Florida. Now we really have no proof except the van returning on the 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member