Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

Where do you think BL is right now?

• Mexico

Votes: 50 7.1%
  • Cuba

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Canada

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Carlton Reserve, FL

Votes: 98 13.8%
  • Somewhere else in FL

Votes: 166 23.4%
  • New York

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in the US

Votes: 306 43.2%
  • Somewhere else in the world

Votes: 32 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If BL had a criminal record, previous charges, arrests, or jail time, would this be something that could be divulged to the public by LE?

Is there any way to find this out?

I believe the last text message on the 30th will be BL's undoing. He had to be on the road on the 30th in order to make it back to Florida by September 1st. So where ever he was will be located at the tower it pinged off of.

FBI probably know this already since they established his timeline and how he was using her debit card after her death. If BL ever see's the inside of a courtroom, I think we will all be shocked by what the FBI has known that we don't.
Has it been verified that he was using HER debit card? I read the warrant and it only states a capital one card, but not the owner of the card & accounts?

Last edited:
Anyone know (not speculation) how it works as far as adding to the reward. Can folks just contact the law firm that initially offered the reward? Who is legally in charge of combining funds, holding funds, and releasing this information? Can they solicit additional funds? Looking for legal answers only, thanks in advance :)

It varies.
Usually when FBI is handling a case you see an organization step up that holds and potentially distributes reward money. Like Crime Stoppers or America’s Most Wanted - as they are already set up to do it ethically and efficiently. You CAN usually contribute to those (I’m not sure about soliciting)

In other cases, LE will often handle reward money on their own or designate a specific bank or lawyer to handle it.

Individuals that “offer up” money are honestly often pointless aside drawing attention. They have no way to confirm during an active investigation what “tip” did or did not lead to an arrest. And LE isn’t going to give them that information. Which is why less than 7% of reward money is ever paid out.

Last edited:
I want to respond to this. I dont believe the one person that said Brian slapped Gabby several times. He was driving, right? Or in a car so he might be mistaken. Even when multiple people see the very same thing sometimes the statements they give LE don't always match. There are many explanations for this.

We view life through the prism of our own perceptions.

And we have three people saying Brian did not hit Gabby. Including Gabby and Brian. And physical evidence supports this.

If Gabby was lying about it why would she JUST admit Brian grabbed her jaw and scratched it. Why admit one thing and lie about another? I dont think Brian slapped her I do think he pushed her away when she wanted the keys to the van, and grabbed her face.

The witness said he was slapping her. He was very precise in his words and very concerned. Given that Gabby is now dead, I don't find it a stretch that he slapped her that day.

Thank you for laying out this theory in a much better way I ever could have.

I think a defense lawyer will possibly go down this route.

My question is, what evidence is there to disprove ANY of your theory!? I don't believe there is any evidence at all.

Many may think that that's not what happened, but without evidence, your theory becomes an entirely possible scenario IMO.
Conversely, what evidence is there to prove it?

I disagree th 'authorities' would have sent D.
why would they need to do that?
They've got the entire FBI resources at their disposal?

Exactamundo! ...... you're absolutely right the FBI has many resources at their disposal. They don't need Dog but the familiarity of Dog and the commotion that would be caused is exactly why they would use him.

JMHO

I recall reading that after some consideration, they called off their engagement, as they felt that they were "too young," to get married.

In one of their last sightings (I think in Utah, the article has been referenced here numerous times) GP told a store clerk that they were engaged. Unless her mother had more updated info from GP, we can assume they were engaged. IMO

There has been no evidence provided, simply that two people have stated differing accounts.

Cassie states she has not been in contact with BL, so of course he isn't going to have been able to block numbers on her phone if that is the case.
MOO was that BL could have blocked numbers on his parents phones.

Did you miss my point? Stating that there is "no evidence" and that it's just an a said/b said is a reflection only of what is in the public sphere. It does not suggest accuracy.

Further, if BL didn't block his sister's phone and A says they tried to reach her but she says they haven't, that is probably easily resolvable with actual objective data.

I think this is yet another case of using "evidence," which suggests a legal context, when in fact it's just, "so far, the public has not been apprised of every detail.". Folks following and commenting would be better served not using legally meaningful words like "evidence" or "proof."

When placed in the context, it tells us a hell of a lot about Brian. Here he is, calm as a cucumber, ( he's been pulled over because its been reported that the driver of that van was seen repeatedly slapping a woman across the face in broad daylight, in a public street ) and his sole purpose is to diminish
(a) any suspicion of his actions

(b) immediate rapport with the blokes

(c) to diminish the victim of the slapping in any way possible

(d) to deflect as soon as possible from any sympathy that Gabby might accrue due to her gender or/and her beauty that might reflect in the negative on him and

(e) to gain the high ground as quickly as possible, while Gabby is portrayed as a weeping hot mess, being ""difficult' and 'irrational'.. all the usual labels.

You get my drift....

Brian is completely relaxed, and that is how it is, he has gained tremendous relief, almost orgiastic after slapping Gabby around. It has lowered his tension and he is, almost, euphoric ... look at him in that conversation. His little hand movements, his careful positioning, his absolute control of himself , dont forget, not 10 mins before he was slapping another human being across the face in public! .

He is , every second, regaining his composure, ( he's done this all his life ) he's ready, instantly , to deflect all trouble away from him.

That scene he caused at the restaurant.. he goes back to reinforce his ego not once, but four times to howl and scream at the wait staff, in public, broad daylight again, he likes the spotlight.

Brian didn't snap when he killed Gabby . People like this love the buildup, they feed the buildup, they water and compost it, it means everything to them, the adrenaline rush, the sudden rush of invective, the righteous rage against being thwarted and argued with, it's all candy and cake to them. Brian was always in snap mode.

His throwaway line in the context of the situation he is in is such a 'tell'... the little blog, the little woman, the little van, the little altercation on the high street, it's all beneath such a man of incredible largesse, which is how Brian sees himself........

Agreed! Yet he was riding cross country in his girlfriend's van and doesn't even have a vehicle in his name. He drives mommy and daddy's car and lives under their roof. I think that we have all known a BL in our lifetime- a total loser who completely lacks self awareness and is perfectly content with riding the coat tails of others to get by. IMO.

Well, I'll be. Here's something interesting, interesting to me at least.

Here's the website that has the video and transcript. The headline says it's the "full interview." ABC Exclusive: Full interview with Brian Laundrie's sister on Gabby Petito

You have to scroll down to the second video for the interview. The transcript is further down and contains all of the questions that the producer asked along with all of the responses.

The video was edited to remove questions about the van. The whole interview tracks word for word except for that in some cases, the questions were just cut out AND there is also a whole section that was cut out at around the 2:55 mark, and skips right to her assessment of how he behaved in the body cam video (maybe at the request of LE?).

Everything italicized is cut:

Question: Did the police say anything else about...?

Cassie Laundrie: No, I only had their initial questions and I haven't been contacted again and, and whenever they want to contact me again I'm here waiting they have my number.

Question: Did you know that the van was back and you're...?

Cassie Laundrie: No.

Question: So you didn't know that he came back without the...?

Cassie Laundrie: I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is - actually I don't want to say that.

Questioner: No problem. No problem.

Cassie Laundrie: I think that's more police stuff.

Question: Okay, um, but is it is it like out of his behavior to go on a trip with her and then just leave her somewhere like has anything like this ever...?

Cassie Laundrie: No, I mean. No, nothing like this has ever happened before.

Question: But I'm saying he doesn't really have. Does he have like the personality to where he would?

The video picks up after the cut with her answer to the last question: "No, he's very um... He's very. He always does the right thing, like in the body cam he's - he cooperates with the police, and he - he's is a wonderful uncle. He's always been there when I need him. He's, I mean, he's been there every time Gabby needed him."

His sister heard he was home, and assumed he had flown and left Gabby with the van. So the allusion to thinking he flew was about how she thought he got to Long Island when he returned home after Gabby went missing. It isn't about the trip from Utah to "clean out the shed."

Interesting that even his sister wasn't told that he drove home.
Wow this interviewer is absolutely horrible.

"What is it about BL that you think he is not capable of killing her or do not want him to be her killer?"
I have never ever ever stated that I don't think he is capable of killing her, I actually do think he is capable. I think most people are CAPABLE of murder. Most make better/different choices for a variety of reasons.

These threads, like the information we have access to, often get taken out of context and I can appreciate that. I have only ever theorized other possibilities when asked. Sometimes my answers jump posts and lose context.

I don't really care one way or the other if he is the killer. But he hasn't been charged with any of that yet, no one has, so he IS legally innocent.

As such, I am able to view him that way until concrete facts & evidence begin to sway towards him and him only.

By that I mean, I can no longer formulate ANY argument or theory that it "may not" have been him.

I am not there yet, but it is getting harder. And that is GOOD! That means IF he did do this, the legal walls are getting harder to escape.

Playing devil's advocate isn't meant to take one side or the other, it is meant to investigate, examine and rule out any other possibilities. It challenges people to defend WITH FACTS, and allows us to find those as well.

This case is mess because we have SO little to work with.

I hope this makes some sense. I realize that I don't always express my intentions in the best way and often miss writing parts that are in head. Please feel free to disagree or point out mistakes! These are ONLY MY possible theories, and most are becoming even more unlikely by the day and that is a good thing. MOO!!!

Has it been verified that he was using her debit card? I read the warrant and it only states a capital one card, not the owner of the card & accounts?

Yes. It reads to me that he used a debit card to access two accounts.

I want to respond to this. I dont believe the one person that said Brian slapped Gabby several times. He was driving, right? Or in a car so he might be mistaken. Even when multiple people see the very same thing sometimes the statements they give LE don't always match. There are many explanations for this.

We view life through the prism of our own perceptions.

And we have three people saying Brian did not hit Gabby. Including Gabby and Brian. And physical evidence supports this.

If Gabby was lying about it why would she JUST admit Brian grabbed her jaw and scratched it. Why admit one thing and lie about another? I dont think Brian slapped her I do think he pushed her away when she wanted the keys to the van, and grabbed her face.

And then later on he most likely murdered her, so there's that....

My question is, what evidence is there to disprove ANY of your theory!? I don't believe there is any evidence at all.

Many may think that that's not what happened, but without evidence, your theory becomes an entirely possible scenario IMO.
As in every case, no actual evidence is revealed by LE, that is saved for trial. Our opinions are made off what is public information, what we feel is most logical per what is known, timeline, witness statements, actions of the POI.

Luckily our justice system convicts people based on the prosecution being able to prove the defendant committed the crime at hand beyond a reasonable doubt and not on the prosecution being able to disprove the defense’s theories.

I believe the last text message on the 30th will be BL's undoing. He had to be on the road on the 30th in order to make it back to Florida by September 1st. So where ever he was will be located at the tower it pinged off of.

FBI probably know this already since they established his timeline and how he was using her debit card after her death. If BL ever see's the inside of a courtroom, I think we will all be shocked by what the FBI has known that we don't.
To me the wild goosechase text on the 30th that Gabby was in Yosemite, CA sent from him demolishes any defense that he was using her vehicle/banks cards because he didn't know that she was dead yet.

Did you miss mine?
I twice posted just that. Neither of their versions can be confirmed as accurate at this time as the proof/evidence/phone network provider itemised list of calls and text messages has not been shared with the public.

Did you miss my point? Stating that there is "no evidence" and that it's just an a said/b said is a reflection only of what is in the public sphere. It does not suggest accuracy.

Further, if BL didn't block his sister's phone and A says they tried to reach her but she says they haven't, that is probably easily resolvable with actual objective data.

I think this is yet another case of using "evidence," which suggests a legal context, when in fact it's just, "so far, the public has not been apprised of every detail.". Folks following and commenting would be better served not using legally meaningful words like "evidence" or "proof."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member