Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who watched the 48 Hours special that didn’t really like what they heard from the friend Rose? She was a little too complimentary of BL in the wake of what he has likely done to Gabby. She seemed a little too unwilling to fully put her support behind Gabby. It could just be her personality and I guess her recollection of what she saw. But if it was my close friend who was likely taken away from me by another person, I’d have a very hard time speaking of them in any remotely positive light.

Some people can see the good and the bad in others. She may be one of these people.
Gabby evidently must have fallen in love with the good part of BL. Even as bad as things got, she stayed.
I feel sure her parents woud have rescued her if she had let them know exactly how bad things had become.

When watching Gabby crying uncontrollably during the DV incident, I feel that she had become so frazzled, so emotionally beaten down, that all that was left was her tears. :(

Last edited:
Yep. IMO insects pose the biggest threat and for me would mentally drive me insane to where I would come running out.

There ARE ways to combat it (mud , natural repellents, big shield blankets or screens) but man... I wouldn't want to be in there for a lot of days with the number of bugs. And he doesn't have fire to help with bug repelling advantage if he's within the search area (I really don't think he is).

Ugh, just thinking about that makes my skin crawl!

Yes, I witnessed that about twenty years ago. Neighbors over the back of me were fighting and the woman was screaming. I called LE when it became clear that he was beating her. They both had been drinking but the police were only interested in her being a bit drunk and held that against her. She had a bleeding nose and one LE said to her 'You are speaking over the top of me' and they left. I rang them again because he was still there and still fighting and they told me to mind my own business.

I have way too many stories where I witnessed DV assaults Le did NOTHING except demean yell at the woman for crying. in fact I haven't seen LE actually help or arrest the abuser.

I live in FL and have for 10 years.. this time of the year it’s still warm and even with rain and thunder and wind it doesn’t get THAT cold.

But again, are you in warm dry clothes in that rain and thunder, and then you go back in a dry house? Or are you already soaking wet, and you get soaked some more by that rain and thunder at the same time you have no shelter and aren't taking in many calories? It makes such a big difference if you're dry or not.

But again, are you in warm dry clothes in that rain and thunder, and then you go back in a dry house? Or are you already soaking wet, and you get soaked some more by that rain and thunder at the same time you have no shelter and aren't taking in many calories? It makes such a big difference if you're dry or not.
The rain comes during the day. The heat and sun dry you out.

I got caught in a nasty storm the other night. I was drenched head to toe.. and wasn’t able to get anywhere warm or dry. I was fine. The humidity kept it warm.

This is what I think too. Cassie seems to have been kept in the dark. Watching John Walsh talk with Ashleigh Banfield, I agreed with everything he said (except for the kill yourself part), and wow he is so angry and dirty on that family. He said he thinks it’s possible BL never came back from their “three day camping trip” and they’ve sent him off somewhere.

Then Ashleigh mentioned that aiding and abetting could be 10 years in federal prison.

Hate to say I agree with Walsh on the not returning BUT-what IF he told them he was going to hike back home and they left the car for him and then he vanished?

I can't quite believe I'm asking this because I've been following it fairly closely but --

-- is there any evidence that BL returned from the camping trip?

(This could potentially be the motivation for LE asking for pix of the Laundries in restaurants etc after GP was reported missing... for example, if they had BL with them on the outbound leg but not on the inbound leg from wherever they were).

It seems like the more you look at this case, the less you know. It begins with the death of this optimistic, free spirited girl and ends with the deafening silence of people who had her living under their roof for two years. Its almost like - Well, we took out the garbage, let's clean out the garage and clean the litter pan. Just another day.
...and the world is incredulous.
The abject horror and abysmal sorrow suffered by Gabby's family over their missing, now dead, child - is nowhere to be seen from parents claiming the same misfortune. No public plea for help. No interviews with LE. Nothing. No plea to return with a promise of safety. Nothing. It is the most astonishing parental no big deal missing child case I have ever heard of. They say he's in the wind. That's it. They will allow a million dollars of public funds to be spent chasing their personal ghost, but they would not betray a moment's concern about the little girl their son planned to marry or her parents driven mad with worry.
The mystery of this case is not the murder. The mystery of this case is the nature of the people who lived with her day to day and offered exactly nothing to solve her murder or assuage the heartache of those who struggle to survive her vanishing and death.
I don't know how all of this is going to end, but I will follow the evolution of this monstrous example of depraved indifference to it's finish. This particular form of torture is a cosmic crime, that's the length and breadth of it, and it stinks to the regions of Ursa Major.
I'm thoroughly disgusted.
100% ALL of this.
It's just SO MANY things that are happening in this case that just seem unfathomable.
Why WOULDN'T you help find Gabby?
WHY is it okay your son came home with HER van without HER?
WHY SO SILENT?
NOW he's missing? WHEN did he actually leave?
WHY didn't NPPD Surveil them especially considering how many officers they have parked in the neighborhood since last Friday for people who have NOT BEEN ACCUSED OF A CRIME?(Their original excuse)

on FOX they had a guy on talking about the searchers and how many calories they would need to eat to keep up their weight for 3 days of searching, stopping to eat every few hours, just the on foot guys not the people on the moving vehicles

and the searchers have ideal conditions they can just leave and go get a high protein high carbo meal somewhere, BL can't do that ( if he's there )
Ping, I was so happy to read this last night .

https://www.fox4now.com/news/local-...eserve-through-the-weekend-for-brian-laundrie
"This is wearing on everyone. Everybody has a level of stress. Everybody has the drive, and that’s really what’s carrying us through is the drive to try to find Brian and try to put closure to this investigation," said Cdr. Fussell.

There was one encouraging note in the update from North Port PD Friday night. They said every meal officers have had out in the field has either been made by family members, or donated from the community.

i disagree ALOT......Ive lived my entire life in florida and trust me, no way he can survive long....you seem to forget that just anyone that is well prepared might could survive a long time we are talking about someone that is hiding, someone that cant build a fire to help keep prey and bugs away, keep worm keep dry......its not the same being a wanted man in the swamp and being someone that can come and go as they please!
This is JMO but I assume he drove there, someone picked him up and took him elsewhere, and his parents went to pick the car up. If he isn't in the Carlton Reserve, then other people have to be helping him. Too many people looking. I think he came home, told his parents what happened. They made plans, cleaned up, and hired an attorney. It's hard to believe, if they were really scared their son was going to kill himself, they wouldn't have waited so long to report it. I was thinking we are all so shocked at his parents behavior, but it doesn't appear that they care anymore for their son then they did for Gabby. Unless they know where he is and that he is safe. This is, of course, JMO.

PLEASE forgive me if this is not allowed, but….there is one very haunting photo on GP’s IG that really really bothers me…
Is that the pic of Gabby that seems weird? My fiancé holds my neck like that when we kiss. It doesn’t look like there’s much pressure being placed on her neck

I am not sure but the first time the police went there, for information about her whereabouts they were told to contact their lawyer. Sorry, I am not sure which day, but it did not change. They have never spoken to police or made Brian available.
ETA. To copy a post from the last thread, click on the post number and you can copy the permalink. For future use.
Thank you for the technical assist.
Here’s what I’m getting at. Speculation.
We ( the public) have been informed that the laundries denied access and offered attorney info on the 11th, when LE followed up on missing person report and later seized the van. We do not have info on what transpired on the 10 th. I speculate if was a welfare check. And am wondering what transpired when LE went to the house. Did They see anything we are not privy too

Let's be commonsensical. If he's still alive, he's not likely to be in the reserve. Reason: he can't stay there forever, so what's the point staying there at all? That bit of logic would hit anyone very quickly after a few morose hours in an alligator-infested swamp.
Another piece of logic that would hit anyone quickly is that there is really no escape at all for a high-profile fugitive. It's not possible to 'disappear' completely nowadays.
If there is any logic in his behaviour at all, I conclude therefore that he has killed himself some time ago.

It seems like the more you look at this case, the less you know. It begins with the death of this optimistic, free spirited girl and ends with the deafening silence of people who had her living under their roof for two years. Its almost like - Well, we took out the garbage, let's clean out the garage and clean the litter pan. Just another day.
...and the world is incredulous.
The abject horror and abysmal sorrow suffered by Gabby's family over their missing, now dead, child - is nowhere to be seen from parents claiming the same misfortune. No public plea for help. No interviews with LE. Nothing. No plea to return with a promise of safety. Nothing. It is the most astonishing parental no big deal missing child case I have ever heard of. They say he's in the wind. That's it. They will allow a million dollars of public funds to be spent chasing their personal ghost, but they would not betray a moment's concern about the little girl their son planned to marry or her parents driven mad with worry.
The mystery of this case is not the murder. The mystery of this case is the nature of the people who lived with her day to day and offered exactly nothing to solve her murder or assuage the heartache of those who struggle to survive her vanishing and death.
I don't know how all of this is going to end, but I will follow the evolution of this monstrous example of depraved indifference to it's finish. This particular form of torture is a cosmic crime, that's the length and breadth of it, and it stinks to the regions of Ursa Major.
I'm thoroughly disgusted.
WHEW so well said. Said it better than I could have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23