Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that knowing what happened on Aug 17-23rd with the flying back to Florida (or not flying back and staying local without Gabby knowing) will prove to be the impetus for what followed. Something happened during these days. Can someone direct me to any previous posts about this situation re: BL whereabouts during this time? Thanks!

I agree! I'm pretty sure all that talk from LE provoked him and he started getting more aggressive because he thought he was vindicated in some way.

If so, and if his parents don't know where he is, what's he doing for money? He's gotta eat & take an occasional bath. Salvation Army shelter, or some such, perhaps. Food kitchens are everywhere, and some have beds. That would work. But for how long?
Unknown girlfriend's apartment?
I've read about things like that before, even in more heinous cases.

I think they would’ve had to learn on Sep 10th as well (in this scenario)! They get the calls and texts, go to Brian and say what is going on they haven’t heard from Gabby? And he says something or they figure out something is very wrong and they call a lawyer.

Per my post, I said the lack of communication at the beginning, starting Sep 1 even, was a big problem, and huge mistake. And Sep 10 not answering is far worse.

But FROM THEN ON, their silence may not be them being “in on it” but rather trying to navigate this properly with legal counsel while absolutely hating their son.

Look, it’s not my favorite theory, either. I’m not trying to reeeeach for them to be good people. But I don’t think the mistakes / intentional disregard for responding to the texts at the beginning are a solid indication of their roles at this point in time. JMO

I think it’s equally possible and likely they are involved and have helped him along the way. But everyone already thinks that. Trying to get out another plausible option. Whether it is easily seen or not, it is a valid option that they had nothing to do with any of this other than calling up their friend lawyer at first sign of trouble and following his advice to not respond and say nothing.

I think they absolutely knew that something was amiss and this was not the first time, with Brian. This was chronic.

I think he called them (probably hysterically) and told them what happened. Parents are supposed to stand by their children. I mean, seriously, that's the main role of a parent. They had something to do with it - even if they didn't believe him. My kids have occasionally mildly overstated their involvement in something (a good thing) and I think most kids do this.

Brian's parents reacted as parents do - to protect their kid. And now they're on a sluice ride down the mine into absolutely darkness - perhaps alleviated by finding Brian a temporary safe spot (not hotel room, but a trail).

They should not be blamed. But they are also partly responsible for the horrible vacuum in which Gabby's parents find themselves.

They have helped him (there's no question in my mind). No one knows what they've been through. Not talking to LE is good advice, from any lawyer (and something our legal system fails to address and probably never will - or least, not within the lifetime of anyone posting here). Street justice? It's a thing, but obviously not in this case.

These parents did not ask the right questions of Brian - if your theory. is true. Or, if they did, they didn't tell anyone.

I think they would’ve had to learn on Sep 10th as well (in this scenario)! They get the calls and texts, go to Brian and say what is going on they haven’t heard from Gabby? And he says something or they figure out something is very wrong and they call a lawyer.

Per my post, I said the lack of communication at the beginning, starting Sep 1 even, was a big problem, and huge mistake. And Sep 10 not answering is far worse.

But FROM THEN ON, their silence may not be them being “in on it” but rather trying to navigate this properly with legal counsel while absolutely hating their son.

Look, it’s not my favorite theory, either. I’m not trying to reeeeach for them to be good people. But I don’t think the mistakes / intentional disregard for responding to the texts at the beginning are a solid indication of their roles at this point in time. JMO

I think it’s equally possible and likely they are involved and have helped him along the way. But everyone already thinks that. Trying to get out another plausible option. Whether it is easily seen or not, it is a valid option that they had nothing to do with any of this other than calling up their friend lawyer at first sign of trouble and following his advice to not respond and say nothing.
Thanks for fleshing out possible scenarios with me! I believe that if he is still alive, he will be hard-pressed to stay alive for long without contact with civilization. He would have to be in the Appalachian Trail, or someplace similar, where people aren't watching the news.

This is what I think too. Cassie seems to have been kept in the dark. Watching John Walsh talk with Ashleigh Banfield, I agreed with everything he said (except for the kill yourself part), and wow he is so angry and dirty on that family. He said he thinks it’s possible BL never came back from their “three day camping trip” and they’ve sent him off somewhere.

Then Ashleigh mentioned that aiding and abetting could be 10 years in federal prison.

Except Cassie would also not return Gabby's parents call. Her dad has called Cassie out about this and not helping. Said on Dr Phil that they started calling every number they had for the Laundries and got no response.

So how did Cassie know not to answer calls and or texts? Imo, she knew something about what was going on. I am not ready to trust Cassie yet.

I think it’s equally possible and likely they are involved and have helped him along the way. But everyone already thinks that. Trying to get out another plausible option.

Whether it is easily seen or not, it is a valid option that they had nothing to do with any of this other than calling up their friend lawyer at first sign of trouble and following his advice to not respond and say nothing.

ETA: I’m sure in that scenario, Sep 10th was a whirlwind and calling the lawyer first upon finding out confusing or distressing info that related to their son’s involvement was the smartest thing to do, though not the most moral. Not moral at all. But after that, there’s no saying if they’re just following advice of legal counsel and getting by day by day with no more knowledge about Brian’s whereabouts or what really happened in Wyoming than we have.

Sept 10?

How about Sept 1 when he arrives without Gabby?

I think they absolutely knew that something was amiss and this was not the first time, with Brian. This was chronic.

I think he called them (probably hysterically) and told them what happened. Parents are supposed to stand by their children. I mean, seriously, that's the main role of a parent. They had something to do with it - even if they didn't believe him. My kids have occasionally mildly overstated their involvement in something (a good thing) and I think most kids do this.

Brian's parents reacted as parents do - to protect their kid. And now they're on a sluice ride down the mine into absolutely darkness - perhaps alleviated by finding Brian a temporary safe spot (not hotel room, but a trail).

They should not be blamed. But they are also partly responsible for the horrible vacuum in which Gabby's parents find themselves.

They have helped him (there's no question in my mind). No one knows what they've been through. Not talking to LE is good advice, from any lawyer (and something our legal system fails to address and probably never will - or least, not within the lifetime of anyone posting here). Street justice? It's a thing, but obviously not in this case.

These parents did not ask the right questions of Brian - if your theory. is true. Or, if they did, they didn't tell anyone.

I'd be too terrified to ask!

Two things were new-ish to me. Seeing the Rose friend being interviewed. And also the gift shop or ice cream shop near Teton they stopped at. The cashier gave an account of an interaction I hadn’t heard about. She mentioned BL’s insistence of Gabby mentioning that she is engaged to him.
I think the excessive emphasis that he put on their engagement, always referring to being “engaged” or referring to Gabby as his “fiancé” was controlling. I’ve noticed that he mentioned it a lot when talking to the police too. It’s almost as if he equated her being a possession, and rather than saying “Gabby” it was “my fiancé”—kind of annoying to me. I don’t doubt that they were at least at one point engaged but I don’t think that he ever even gave her an engagement ring,

It is frustrating for sure. I wonder if the police dogs have picked up anything at the reserve re. BL. There has to be good reason why LE is focussing on water bodies, maybe because no sign of him on land. I'm guessing much harder to find BL if he is in the water, especially in a murky swamp. Good thing they have all the technology!

Well, there are dogs who can suss out poop and urine. If those things are near water...obviously LE would look there.

I'm on the fence. He's either dead in the swamp or he's far away on some trail. I wonder if we'll still be pondering this a decade from now. Or two decades. I pray that we get some answers and can't imagine what it's like for Gabby's family (who have been so admirable and private about their grief).

I think the excessive emphasis that he put on their engagement, always referring to being “engaged” or referring to Gabby as his “fiancé” was controlling. I’ve noticed that he mentioned it a lot when talking to the police too. It’s almost as if he equated her being a possession, and rather than saying “Gabby” it was “my fiancé”—kind of annoying to me. I don’t doubt that they were at least at one point engaged but I don’t think that he ever even gave her an engagement ring,

Thank. you. I'd forgotten that aspect. You're right. She did have an engagement ring (and/or an engagement tattoo - one of my daughters did the same thing). But several SM posts show that she had a filigree vine engagement ring (no stone).

But I agree that his posts about their engagement are chilling and he seems super possessive.

I don't know if anybody else has been checking the flight trackers this weekend. I've been randomly checking in. I haven't seen anything over the reserve, but I look at the surrounding areas. Polk and Jacksonville have been super active last night and today. Last night Jacksonville Sheriff was out for about an hour and a helicopter registered to the city took its place. It could be unrelated, but I feel like I saw potential sightings in that area. I'm trying to find the reports.

I think BL may have been in the reserve for at least a little while, but at some point managed to find a way out. I know there's been several comments made about whether BL could really outsmart LE, and I'm sure he can't in the long run, but he's been pretty successful in the short term, given he's alive.

The skateboard gnaws at me. It may be meaningless but to my knowledge it hasn't been mentioned,

He can't skateboard in the forest, but one can certainly make tracks (miles) on land getting to a forest. Just a thought. The skateboard IMO is still relevant. It was with them on the trip.

It needs to be accounted for. That van was back for 11 days before LE even knew to check it and inventory its contents - and then they had to get the warrant.

Okay. The image of someone walking, which may or may not have anything to do with the dog the bounty hunter comment. I tried to do the perms link thing that @JayWill suggested but I couldn’t manage it. But
Original post is in thread 25 #931
Loop footage thread 25 #962
Bottom right quadrant
If someone else knows how to link that would be swell

I think it’s equally possible and likely they are involved and have helped him along the way. But everyone already thinks that. Trying to get out another plausible option.

Whether it is easily seen or not, it is a valid option that they had nothing to do with any of this other than calling up their friend lawyer at first sign of trouble and following his advice to not respond and say nothing.

ETA: I’m sure in that scenario, Sep 10th was a whirlwind and calling the lawyer first upon finding out confusing or distressing info that related to their son’s involvement was the smartest thing to do, though not the most moral. Not moral at all. But after that, there’s no saying if they’re just following advice of legal counsel and getting by day by day with no more knowledge about Brian’s whereabouts or what really happened in Wyoming than we have.

But the sudden appearance of the new camper indicates to me that there could have been pre-planning involved by the parents or it is a coincidence?

Okay. The image of someone walking, which may or may not have anything to do with the dog the bounty hunter comment. I tried to do the perms link thing that @JayWill suggested but I couldn’t manage it. But
Original post is in thread 25 #931
Loop footage thread 25 #962
Bottom right quadrant
If someone else knows how to link that would be swell

According to Brian Entin, The FBI has been going to some restaurants in the area and requesting surveillance video - restaurants they believe Brian Laundrie and his parents may have been after Gabby went missing.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member