ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m starting to think they got nothin as opposed to “it’s quiet because they know exactly what happened”. There are a lot of kids in this age group who just seemed to disappear in the last couple of years.

Not just in the last coupe of years, either. Seems like there are one or two every year. Some of them like Michaela Garrecht (hope I spelled that right) are probably foul play, but others like the neighbor boy who disappeared during flood season when I was in grade school, were probably just never found.

It sounds like they’re basically saying they don’t expect to find him alive. In other still-missing kids cases, LE doesn’t go there. It’s expected but disheartening. Poor little guy. They were on this case so fast and this is still the outcome.
New article: corn fields have been cleared with no trace of Michael.
Fruitland PD on missing boy: 'Corn fields harvested and cleared' with no trace of Michael

Fruitland PD FB post warns it will take time.
Very active investigation
Family remains fully cooperative and working with investigators.
Residents should remain vigilant

Snipped by me.

That's quite telling. Sounds more like foul play than SAR, which some of us kind of suspected.
I agree it sounds like foul play.

It’s a very active investigation using huge amount of resources (in contrast to the SAR searches which are very limited at this stage).

Investigators are working with the family (moo: suggests that LE theories are probably known individuals, close to home, or individuals that may have been noticed by the family).

They are continuing to cross the very last possible locations off the list where he may have met misadventure or been harmed/dumped. I’m glad they reported it out about the corn fields being cleared. Now they are repeating that they will do irrigation search as soon as that’s done for the season. (I sure hope that gives a POI reason to move evidence or make a misstep or at least gives us some vital clues).

Poor little guy.

A 5yr old is very small and harvesting machines are large and powerful. If he was in a field, would it be next to impossible to know post-harvest?

Hard to say, I've been around large equipment and my father did farming and worked with farmers. They wouldn't notice when they hit the animals, but there would most certainly be the remains of the animal in the hay afterward, so if a farmer didn't notice they'd have to be on something. Harvesters don't dissolve living matter, remains would most likely be in the crop and farmers do check their crops just to make sure.

Take this with a pinch of salt, I don't do farming and this is of course second hand from my dad. I could be incorrect.

Last edited:
They might not initially see him in the corn stubble but they would very likey see him when they go back through the field to work the ground down before winter. Still time in the coming weeks.... MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member