Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps you mean hyperthermia?

Treating Hypothermia
HT I: Mild Hypothermia, 35-32 degrees. Normal or near normal consciousness, shivering.
HT II: Moderate Hypothermia, 32-28 degrees. Shivering stops, consciousness becomes impaired.
HT III: Severe Hypothermia, 24-28 degrees. ...
HT IV: Apparent Death, 15-24 degrees.
HT V: Death from irreversible hypothermia.
Treating Hypothermia - North Shore Rescue

No, hypo--if you look at the website these came from you will see that these are Celsius values, NOT Fahrenheit. 37 C is "normal" body temp (98.6 F). According to that chart, mild hypothermia starts at 35 C. That's not a big gap.

I find it very hard to believe BL would have killed himself. Everything about him screams coward, like running to mommy and daddy to fix his issues. He is most likely laying low somewhere, perhaps has even crossed a border and it is just a matter of days before he is caught ( I hope!)
IMO...He's lying low, and digging in deeper to the woods as he goes. I do not think he will cross the border. Again, he's not gonna leave mommy and daddy. He's more than likely, IMO, had mommy and daddy clean up after him all his life and is a mere over grown man child that throws ragefull fits when he doesn't get his way. Pathetic!!!!

Nah, this visit by the FBI doesn't pass the sniff test. The more I think about it, the less sense it makes that they were there to collect DNA. If they knew in advance they were coming it would give them a chance to finagle something to give them that would be bogus, like a toothbrush that had been dipped in bleach or peroxide or even a brand new one that they just smeared toothpaste on and rinsed right off. 3 agents showing up for that? Either the FBI is just playing with them or the visit was for something else. After all it was their lawyer who gave the reason for the visit sooooo......
Totally agree, lawyer can say anything. FBI went there for a reason!

Gabby was alive. She was seen by several people after this supposed trip 8/17-24. So that's not what happened at all.

--Hotel manager saw her check out.
--Mom faced timed with her
--People saw her at the restaurant Merry Piglets
The original poster said when Brian came home. They never mentioned a date. I took it to mean when he came home on Sept. 1st. That's how it came across to me.

Perhaps the FBI stopped by to kind of scare the parents with their DNA request. The Laundrie's will worry now that maybe the FBI has found something. Maybe the Laundries will attempt to contact Brian through some predetermined and difficult to trace means. Just a thought.
I hope this isn’t an ignorant question. Does the FBI have legal grounds to tap the Laundries’ phones, devices, etc., as well as track their vehicle black boxes?

I've been thinking about ol' Dog the Bounty Hunter and what he said about where he thinks Brian may be. Some folks think he is being a shameless publicity seeker inserting himself in to this case. So what. If he can help, let him help. I knew who he was, but had never heard him speak or I've never watched one of his shows. Despite his appearance, which looks like an aging WWE wrestler, I thought he was well spoken, and I'd want him in my camp.

He suggested that Brian is somewhere along the Appalachian trail. Doing a little research, this makes more and more sense to me. It is a 14 hour drive from BL's home in Florida to Harper's Ferry, WV. If it were me, I'd encourage ol' Dog to get his camera crew and let the country folk along that trail (it's massive, and goes through multiple states, ~2K long)...that there is a $30K reward for info leading to BL's capture. Certain areas of the Appalachian's are known for abject poverty; $30K would be an incentive to start huntin'.

Let Dog do his thing. He may just bring this runner in.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I had several nightmares last night, promised myself I would stay off WS today.

Would LE compromise the case if they posted the route taken by the Laundries two vehicles between 9/1 and 9/14? Brian could have been dropped off anywhere along those trips. Even a 5 minute stop.

Can the GPS in cars be turned off without leaving evidence?
I’ve wondered about all those locations as well. Supplies could be stashed all over the place. I wish we knew!

What seems to have happened and has gone unnoticed is that there were two calls to the police. This one that keeps getting replayed over and over again informing them that BL was slapping and hitting her.

The other call was from the man named Chris and he reported that it was Gabby hitting BL. Two different calls with two different messages.

You reminded me of that because they stopped reporting on Chris's call to 911.

I think (imo) these calls were received by two different dispatchers, and only one of those complaints reached LE who arrived at the scene. I say this because they are operating as if it was Gabby doing the hitting from what Chris reported when he called.

Unless I missed something in the interaction with LE and the couple, there was never a mention of the report of Gabby being hit, they only seemed focused on BL being abused and the victim. It infuriates me how this call was handled.

I agree the officers on the scene should have known about both 911 calls. I also agree it's possible different dispatchers took the calls and didn't realize the witness accounts were different. Better procedures may be needed re: dispatch reporting.

But even if they had known, I truly am not sure what should have been done differently at the time. Sure, if the officers had a crystal ball to look into either the past or the future....But as I recall, GB admitted to being the abuser and one of the calls backed that up. The other call-- that BL was the abuser-- could have been consistent with BL pushing GP away as I believe that witness was driving by. It can be hard to observe accurately when driving a car. And eyewitness accounts are often wrong anyway.

I really don't see what else the officers could have done besides separate them for the night even knowing everything that could be known at the time from the two calls. I don't see how they could arrest BL when there was as much (or more) evidence that GB was the abuser.

I admit I do NOT see white "finger marks" on Gabby's arm and the redness I see is ambiguous. Redness from a slap can last a pretty long time (as can sunburn and blotchiness from being emotional.) But skin blanching from being grabbed goes away almost immediately if the person is young and in reasonable health. So I don't see how white marks identifiable as finger marks could have been seen in person by the time the officers interacted with GB and body cams were on her.

None of us can know for sure, and that's partly what makes this so frustrating, but I seriously doubt GB would have had the sudden insight that she should immediately leave BL if she been taken in and had spoken to an abuse professional. GP was an adult. Her parents didn't like BL and she knew it. Her friends talked about multiple breakups and the relationship sometimes having the lowest lows in the past. I just don't think a random counselor or social worker could have waved a magic wand and immediately gotten her to leave him.

And so far as the Aug 12 LE stop "triggering" the murder.... that's a real stretch IMO given that GB didn't die for at least 2 weeks after that.

JMO

Why does it seem strange? I don't think they called ahead. They walked up to the door with a folder in their hands. They may have said "We have a warrant for Brian's toothbrush, hairbrush and XYZ."

It's possible the items they took during the first FBI-led search did not have enough DNA on them so they went back for additional samples for matching purposes.

An earlier post mentioned that someone said the lawyer was there , someone else said no he just had telephone contact. It was mentioned that the FBI would have contacted the lawyer so assuming that's correct I would think it was a strange way to go about it. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong