UK - Sabina Nessa, 28, found murdered in park, SE London, 18 Sep 2021 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why in this area?
He came by car.
Where from?
There is another park there I read. With more trees and bushes. Why not attack sb there?
I think it was Sabine he was obssessed with.

Could be a deranged stalker absolutely. But it could be he has a reason to be in the area like work, lots of people commute to work in London especially in the construction trade where your workplace is wherever the next project is. He probably felt more comfortable carrying out an attack in an area he is familiar with but is not too close to his actual home.

This is my point. If this was just an almost routine questioning of individual A and B, I don‘t think they need to arrest both under the suspicion of murder. Maybe the reporting is dramatised here. Otherwise it would lead me to believe that they have a strong suspicion against one or both individuals but simply not enought evidence to charge. Also, I can‘t find any report stating they have been cleared, just that they have been released „pending further investigation“ which is a weaker statement.
Yes, *Pending..... * sounds ominous :)

This is my point. If this was just an almost routine questioning of individual A and B, I don‘t think they need to arrest both under the suspicion of murder. Maybe the reporting is dramatised here. Otherwise it would lead me to believe that they have a strong suspicion against one or both individuals but simply not enought evidence to charge. Also, I can‘t find any report stating they have been cleared, just that they have been released „pending further investigation“ which is a weaker statement.

Both still under investigation as far as has been publicly released. We could still see a further re-arrest of one or both, and even the release of the third man arrested today.

Generally if there was a suspicion of a serious indictable offence, a suspect wouldn't be released 'under investigation', but they would be released on police bail. I think this is to keep these people in the net in case they become relevant again at a future date, I don't think there's real suspicion. In fact for murder - particular a high profile one - it would be difficult for the police to release a suspect at all if there was serious suspicion.

Gosh, arrested in Eastbourne. I'm from there but moved to Hastings recently. He was arrested on Dittons Road, which is right next to a large park, Gildredge Park. I wonder whether he disposed of any evidence in the park? It's unclear if he was arrested at his house or in the car? Is the silver car pictured at Eastbourne police compound the same silver vehicle police released CCTV of?

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree it's certainly confusing. If they were all involved in some way though that would mean some fairly elaborate scheme, with a degree of planning. If a "hit" was the objective wouldn't it be a case of commit the attack and make a quick getaway. Not pick her up, put her over your shoulder and walk 400 metres with her and you'd at least stick a face mask on to conceal your identity in the current environment. I still feel there's no way they would release or at the very least not ask for an extension if those first two arrests were directly involved.

Gosh, arrested in Eastbourne. I'm from there but moved to Hastings recently. He was arrested on Dittons Road, which is right next to a large park, Gildredge Park. I wonder whether he disposed of any evidence in the park? It's unclear if he was arrested at his house or in the car? Is the silver car pictured at Eastbourne police compound the same silver vehicle police released CCTV of?

<modsnip>

I think the silver cars are the same.

<modsnip>
Interesting. Early reports stated he was arrested „at an address“ but later I read they stopped a car. Judging by Google streetview Dittons Rd appears to be a very affluent street with nice houses. Is this a fair statement?

The first two arrests are undeniably confusing and don’t make sense right now. I assume & hope the police had their reasons and had more to go on than a simple connection to Sabina or something like that.

Interesting. Early reports stated he was arrested „at an address“ but later I read they stopped a car. Judging by Google streetview Dittons Rd appears to be a very affluent street with nice houses. Is this a fair statement?

Yes Ditton Rd is lovely. Many of the streets around that park can be described as "posh". Not sure if any of the big houses have been converted into HMOs though. It's also very close to the town centre which has many rougher parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member