Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! So, @oviedo, I hate to be a PITA but in the Fox video at this link, starting about 2:38 - The neighbors say it was a week to a week and a half after BL returned w/the van that they saw the L's working on the camper, loading it up, and then left for the weekend. Leaving it to your discretion, my friend! MOO

Laundrie's neighbors say he and his parents packed up for long trip after he returned without Petito | Daily Mail Online
MOO
when I watched that video, I understood them to be saying a week or week and a half AGO. From whatever day the interview was.
I suspect that their assertions are based in fact. That they did see BL or someone that they thought was BL, sometime time be the first and the interview.
I do not think they are reliable witnesses in terms of dates or any other exact details. JMO

(MOO) BL wanted to project the image of being a wilderness-savvy person. It's a pretty attractive "personality" type for a young 20-something dude, for sure. It's definitely trendy. Patagonia! REI! Shark-tooth necklaces! #ADVENTURE

It's the perfect persona to assume for someone who didn't (appear to) have much going on themselves (i.e. did not have a career, lived with their parents, did not participate in girlfriend's "van life" influencer attempt).

I also keep going back to the three very different climates BL has operated in, allegedly as an "outdoorsman." His hometown of New York (Long Island) and his supposed stints on the Appalachian Trail ; "barefoot" hiking (during summer?!) in the deserts and plains of the American West; and Carlton Reserve, swamps, Florida.

Skills for surviving (let alone thriving) in each of those climates are distinct. I find it very hard to believe that BL, or any 23-year old, was capable of truly understanding how to survive in all these disparate areas.

IMO, the "outdoorsman" persona is just that. He is just a regular dude.

bbm
You're giving him too much credit...IMHO.

Hopefully with tomorrow being Monday and Gabby's funeral service being over with maybe some new documents will be released because they aren't gonna want this case falling out of the public's eyes, they want to keep as much pressure on the dirty Laundries as they can!!

I've seen the vegetarian thing mentioned a lot, I did notice in Brian's stories that they were cooking two pieces of salmon in the van, it was time stamped 10 weeks ago. So he likely at least eats fish. (sorry if this was mentioned, I've given upon trying to read all the posts, I did for a long time but I've been unable to keep up the last few days!)

Pescatarian :)

Two unrelated thoughts/topics…

—FBI requesting DNA from BL today: my guess is they found a personal item or discarded food or something and want to see if he left it. Less likely to be used for identifying human remains. However, it’s a mystery to me why they don’t already have a DNA profile for him to compare with evidence on Gabby’s body and in the van. MOO
(Side note: does the fact that the parents provided the FBI with items so quickly—in less than three minutes per Brian Entin—mean they ARE genuinely worried about his well-being and clueless as to his whereabouts?)

—It may have been discussed earlier in one of these fast-moving threads, but it has always struck me as strange and creepy that the Laundrie lawyer statements were carefully worded (IMO) to not mention any verbiage about Gabby being “safe and sound,” or similar. Just that they want her to be “reunited” with her parents. Consciousness of guilt/proof of knowledge she was deceased?? MO.

I'm waiting for cause of death. It will be solid insight into how Gabby was killed and also shed light on the mind of her killer. Once that is established, we're all going to know more about what lives in Brian's head.
I'm waiting for cause of death. It will be solid insight into how Gabby was killed and also shed light on the mind of her killer. Once that is established, we're all going to know more about what lives in Brian's head.
Yes and after listening to a few newscasts from officers and some family I have a good idea what it's gonna say and I bet then we will all know just how evil overcame BL that day...ugh

—FBI requesting DNA from BL today: my guess is they found a personal item or discarded food or something and want to see if he left it. Less likely to be used for identifying human remains. However, it’s a mystery to me why they don’t already have a DNA profile for him to compare with evidence on Gabby’s body and in the van. MOO
(Side note: does the fact that the parents provided the FBI with items so quickly—in less than three minutes per Brian Entin—mean they ARE genuinely worried about his well-being and clueless as to his whereabouts?)

—It may have been discussed earlier in one of these fast-moving threads, but it has always struck me as strange and creepy that the Laundrie lawyer statements were carefully worded (IMO) to not mention any verbiage about Gabby being “safe and sound,” or similar. Just that they want her to be “reunited” with her parents. Consciousness of guilt/proof of knowledge she was deceased?? MO.
BBM Yep same thoughts here

Did we hear from FBI that retrieving DNA was the reason for their visit today, or was that just from the Laundrie’s lawyer?

IMO the FBI could have asked for the item they retrieved today at the beginning of this case. The general public won't know if the atty was truthful about LE needing an item for DNA comparison or when the item was initially requested until the trial, if ever.

Some things that have crossed my mind regarding the warrant for credit card fraud. I realize that due to the dates it is most likely Gabby's accounts. However, it got me thinking that if someone else is allowing him to use their card (family/friend?) could they also charge him for that? I believe the FBI was hoping to look into footage where the parents had dined, but maybe they were also making sure it was THEM using their card and not just them with Brian? This may be easily debunked, I havent been able to read every post. all JMO and thoughts! thanks for reading

This morning when I checked BL’s Instagram he was following 40 people. I just now checked his Instagram and he is following 41 people. Is it possible someone else has access to his account, or is he still active on it and making alterations?

Anybody else notice this?

We can derive, with high probability, the nuclear DNA (and mtDNA) of a person by looking at their parents.

Siblings resemble each other more than anyone resembles a parent (all of us get half our genes from each parent; siblings are pulling from the same pool, parents are not).

This morning when I checked BL’s Instagram he was following 40 people. I just now checked his Instagram and he is following 41 people. Is it possible someone else has access to his account, or is he still active on it and making alterations?

It's likely people are removing him as a follower as opposed to him being active or possibly unblocking him as well.

How many people are following him?

If they removed him as a follower, his “following” number would go down, not up. The unblocking bit would make sense though. Hmm…

Heck it could be hes active, but considering the lengths hes presumably gone to hide himself would be really stupid of him to potentially blow all that to alter his Instagram followers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne