Recovered/Located GA - Kelly Price, 48, discharged from hospital, Cobb Co, Sep 2021

tayaway

Reaction score
Fox 5 Atlanta Sept 24, 2021

COBB COUNTY, Ga. - Gospel and R&B singer Kelly Price has been reported missing, a spokesperson for the singer said Friday.

Cobb County police said officers performed a welfare check at the 48-year-old performer's Cobb County home last Saturday but were not successful in making contact. A missing person’s report was filed shortly after.

The singer had been in the hospital battling COVID-19. She had just been released shortly before her disappearance.

...her family's concerns, TMZ, Sept 24:

Her family tells TMZ ... they were in touch with Kelly while she was in the hospital in early August, and her children visited her several times. However, 3 weeks after she was admitted ... we're told her kids got a call that she'd been discharged, which was surprising because she was apparently still not fully healthy.

The family says Kelly has not been heard from since, and they told cops her boyfriend is allegedly keeping friends and family members from visiting her home.

We're told this concerned many people close to Kelly, and led to someone alerting the authorities to do a welfare check last week.

Now, she's officially considered missing, and we're told there's an active investigation to find her.

didn’t post link Bc it’s TMZ but

TMZ just reported that she has been found. Delete if not allowed. While a totally dumb site…they are right some times. This was as of 10 minutes ago.

wait. Statement is: “She is not missing”

didn’t post link Bc it’s TMZ but

TMZ just reported that she has been found. Delete if not allowed. While a totally dumb site…they are right some times. This was as of 10 minutes ago.

wait. Statement is: “She is not missing”

I checked out TMZ twitter and it appears her attorney is saying that? Maybe if MSM can give a family update or even from her, we can discount the missing? But according to the NCIC, she's missing.

I
I checked out TMZ twitter and it appears her attorney is saying that? Maybe if MSM can give a family update or even from her, we can discount the missing? But according to the NCIC, she's missing.

Is this kind of behavior normal for her? Just spur of the moment? I don’t know anything about her. Maybe she has moments where she needs to check out and it scares ppl…but heals her. Her attorney knows of these “check outs” and is vouching for her. It’s weird.

I

Is this kind of behavior normal for her? Just spur of the moment? I don’t know anything about her. Maybe she has moments where she needs to check out and it scares ppl…but heals her. Her attorney knows of these “check outs” and is vouching for her. It’s weird.

I don't know, but even her kids are saying the bf won't let them see/talk to her. Even if she wanted to be isolated, you'd think she'd call them just to say she's ok, especially since she's got Covid and they thought it was strange they released her.

https://twitter.com/karyngreer/status/1441588193162194948?s=21

This reporter claims one of KP’s children has spoken to her and she is not missing.

While there does seem to be a problem here, it appears this is a family dispute where some family members have been cut off from contact for some time and so reported KP missing, whereas other family members & contacts are not concerned.

That’s not to downplay how serious “family disputes” can be or the issues people can have / things that can happen in that context, but KP doesn’t seem to be “missing” in the traditional sense.

https://twitter.com/karyngreer/status/1441588193162194948?s=21

This reporter claims one of KP’s children has spoken to her and she is not missing.

While there does seem to be a problem here, it appears this is a family dispute where some family members have been cut off from contact for some time and so reported KP missing, whereas other family members & contacts are not concerned.

That’s not to downplay how serious “family disputes” can be or the issues people can have / things that can happen in that context, but KP doesn’t seem to be “missing” in the traditional sense.

That'd explain why LE isn't investigating.

eta link to article covered in the twitter post: CBS 46 Sept 24 Daughter of R&B singer Kelly Price claims mother not missing, says she had COVID-19

Daughter of R&B singer Kelly Price claims mother not missing, says she had COVID-19

Despite conflicting reports, R&B and Gospel singer Kelly Price is not missing

This would be usually leading to a resolved case

Can you point out where do you see the NCIC listing active for her?

Average people ourselves can't access the NCIC database, we can only go by MSM/LE. It was noted on the initial Fox 5 Atlanta link, but three hours ago they updated their coverage to note the attorney update:

Price's lawyer said a few hours after the first reports she was missing, that the singer was in fact safe and was recovering from COVID-19 at an undisclosed location. The attorney did not give any additional information about how the singer was reported missing.

...The Cobb County Police Department has not been able to confirm Price's missing person's case is officially closed but Price's attorney said they would be in contact with detectives.

@tayaway thanks, i am well aware what we can see, but it was not obvious to me that you were refering to the msm as source, could have been also another source (e.g. LE page, just maybe a forgotten link or similar)

This is very strange indeed. I don't think this thread should be deleted until someone lays eyes on her. She could put this all to rest with a post on social media. Or Cobb County Police comes out and says they actually saw her.

ETA - does anyone know if she's married ? I did read that the police went to her home and the boyfriend said she was fine. Why would he say he's her boyfriend if she is married ?

Kelly Price’s sister says she’s still missing despite reports that state otherwise

Provided at link above:
Timeline:

• July 29, 2021 Kelly reveals she is COVID-19 positive via Instagram, marking the last time the singer was seen or heard from publicly.

• July 29 — Aug. 5, 2021* Kelly’s was reportedly hospitalized approximately a week after her diagnosis, eventually sent to an intensive care unit after her condition worsened, her family told TMZ.

• Aug. 5* — Aug. 29, 2021* Kelly remained in contact with family members and was visited “several times” by her two children while hospitalized, her family told TMZ.

• Aug. 29, 2021* Kelly’s children were informed she had been released from the hospital, which surprised her family as she was reportedly still experiencing symptoms, her family told TMZ.

• Aug. 29* — Sept. 18, 2021 Kelly’s family alerted deputies that the singer’s boyfriend, Terrell Babers, was keeping family members and friends from visiting her Georgia home, leading authorities to conduct a welfare check, per TMZ.

• Sept. 18, 2021 A welfare check was conducted at Kelly’s home, per TMZ.

• Sept. 24, 2021 TMZ reported that the Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter was officially listed as a missing person with the National Crime Information Center.

• Sept. 24, 2021 Monica Ewing, Kelly’s legal representative, told TMZ the singer is recovering at an undisclosed location. Ewing also contacted Cobb County police to report Price’s safety.

• Sept. 24, 2021 A woman claiming to be Kelly’s sister, Shanrae Price, reveals via Larry Reid Livethe family has not seen or heard from the singer in “months,” despite Ewing’s reports.

• Sept. 25, 2021 An Instagram Story from performance coach Sara Mornell is reposted to Kelly’s account @mskellyprice claiming the two were in contact on Sept. 25 and the claims of the caller who self-identified as Shanrae were a “fabrication.”
*Approximate date

UPDATE: Reps say singer Kelly Price is safe despite missing person report

Representatives for well-known gospel and R&B singer Kelly Price say that she is safe despite a missing person report filed in Cobb County.

Price was reported missing after she was discharged from the hospital where she was being treated for COVID-19, officials confirmed Friday. According to reports from TMZ, her representatives claim that she is not missing and is safely recovering from her hospital stay in private. Cobb police have not confirmed that her missing person investigation has been closed.

TMZ has a video from Kelly Price herself confirming she was never missing, was at home still recovering from COVID the whole time, and is not on good terms with her sister, to whom she hasn’t spoken for more like a year than a couple of months.

Kelly Price Breaks Silence on 'Disappearance,' Says COVID Nearly Killed Her

People have pointed out that Kelly’s sister released a new album this weekend and noted this all might have brought some publicity…

TMZ has a video from Kelly Price herself confirming she was never missing, was at home still recovering from COVID the whole time, and is not on good terms with her sister, to whom she hasn’t spoken for more like a year than a couple of months.

Kelly Price Breaks Silence on 'Disappearance,' Says COVID Nearly Killed Her

People have pointed out that Kelly’s sister released a new album this weekend and noted this all might have brought some publicity…

Fantastic update! ...so sorry KP went through this drama, and very sad to hear she's got Long Haul Covid.

Thanks for the update. She was lying in that video. Her children didn't even know she was discharged from the hospital. She could have avoided all the drama by just communicating with them. I can't even imagine not telling my son when I left the hospital. She has more than one child but she singles out that one has been influenced. She accepts no responsibility for this mess she created.
Then her "husband" who tells the cops he is her boyfriend is at her home but she's not there. Bizarre.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back