Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! So, @oviedo, I hate to be a PITA but in the Fox video at this link, starting about 2:38 - The neighbors say it was a week to a week and a half after BL returned w/the van that they saw the L's working on the camper, loading it up, and then left for the weekend. Leaving it to your discretion, my friend! MOO

Laundrie's neighbors say he and his parents packed up for long trip after he returned without Petito | Daily Mail Online
MOO
when I watched that video, I understood them to be saying a week or week and a half AGO. From whatever day the interview was.
I suspect that their assertions are based in fact. That they did see BL or someone that they thought was BL, sometime time be the first and the interview.
I do not think they are reliable witnesses in terms of dates or any other exact details. JMO

Does anyone remember when someone posted a list of all the times the police had gone to the Laundrie house? I'm looking for that attachment, but I do not know how to search websleuths for attachments. Anyone have that list by chance?

He left his wallet.

Lots of DNA on there.

I don't think TIR or CM is allowed in this thread. He has been one off approved in others, but not here. I also think that CM may have facts and insider information earlier than the public does but, he misspeaks frequently and it creates confusion.

BL leaving with the wallet or cell phone does not mean much. Maybe he left with cash, no need for wallet. I'd bet big money he is communicating in some way. I have reviewed photos of the parents meeting with the attorney in FL. I found it interesting she left with an overstuffed and it came back empty. Yet, she also had a red cooler lunch type tote. I'm not implying they are involved. I am implying they do not act desperate to find their son and have blatant disregard for GP and her family.

Somehow he's getting along and someone knows where he is. I fully believe he is alive. The further we get from GP being murdered, the less likely he is to take his own life.

If Dog the Bounty Hunter shows up and rather than opening the door with tears of joy and gratitude, you call 911, you aren't looking for anyone and you don't want help. As long as the lawyer is speaking, BL is alive. If he wasn't, there would be no reason to retain counsel.

Of course, this is all speculation and MOO.

I agree. It just seemed odd to me.
I also read an article that said he’s recently made alterations to his Spotify account… it was reported that on September 21 he deleted a title on one of his playlists, which apparently has to be manually done.
Maybe he’s playing a sick game with LE, letting them know indirectly that he’s been successfully evading them.
I wouldn’t put anything past this guy.
It's probably just that someone accepted his follow request. You have to request private instagram accounts, so depends when that person logged on. I just logged on for the first time in 3 weeks and accepted a bunch. I don't think it means anything.

I found the video. For some reason I can’t copy and paste, but thread 29 post 721 has the link.
I was mistaken. They are saying a week, week and a half after BL returned.
Still looking for the other video. It’s just mr Guthrie on the lawn wearing a white t shirt

(MOO) BL wanted to project the image of being a wilderness-savvy person. It's a pretty attractive "personality" type for a young 20-something dude, for sure. It's definitely trendy. Patagonia! REI! Shark-tooth necklaces! #ADVENTURE

It's the perfect persona to assume for someone who didn't (appear to) have much going on themselves (i.e. did not have a career, lived with their parents, did not participate in girlfriend's "van life" influencer attempt).

I also keep going back to the three very different climates BL has operated in, allegedly as an "outdoorsman." His hometown of New York (Long Island) and his supposed stints on the Appalachian Trail ; "barefoot" hiking (during summer?!) in the deserts and plains of the American West; and Carlton Reserve, swamps, Florida.

Skills for surviving (let alone thriving) in each of those climates are distinct. I find it very hard to believe that BL, or any 23-year old, was capable of truly understanding how to survive in all these disparate areas.

IMO, the "outdoorsman" persona is just that. He is just a regular dude.

Yeah; I agree. I think the first day is a grand adventure, the first night is a bit spooky fun, and the next morning brings a sense of accomplishment. But the second night? When your socks are so dirty they are stiff, you've already eaten enough trail mix to feel like a rabbit, dinner swam away with your last hook, the mosquitos haven't let up at all, and the you're sick of the sand in everything you finally have to admit -at least to yourself- Cabela's shirts and Teva boots do not Grizzly Adams make.

I found the video. For some reason I can’t copy and paste, but thread 29 post 721 has the link.
I was mistaken. They are saying a week, week and a half after BL returned.
Still looking for the other video. It’s just mr Guthrie on the lawn wearing a white t shirt

Something that had crossed my mind was where GP and BL would fight. The two recorded instances occurred when commerce when involved, at the moonflower co-op and Merry Piglets. I wonder if money was a major factor in the conflict between the two.

I agree. BL not taking his wallet is doing himself a favor. Why would he want his own identification on himself at this time? Also, like others have said, I’m sure he has a burner phone. You can buy them anywhere. Maybe he bought one on the way home, or it’s very possible his parents set everything up for him.
BL is hiding. There is no doubt about it. His parents are not grieving for any reason other than their son has a huge bounty on his head, but their son is not dead. He is alive and well and probably tracking the movement of this case.

(MOO) BL wanted to project the image of being a wilderness-savvy person. It's a pretty attractive "personality" type for a young 20-something dude, for sure. It's definitely trendy. Patagonia! REI! Shark-tooth necklaces! #ADVENTURE

It's the perfect persona to assume for someone who didn't (appear to) have much going on themselves (i.e. did not have a career, lived with their parents, did not participate in girlfriend's "van life" influencer attempt).

I also keep going back to the three very different climates BL has operated in, allegedly as an "outdoorsman." His hometown of New York (Long Island) and his supposed stints on the Appalachian Trail ; "barefoot" hiking (during summer?!) in the deserts and plains of the American West; and Carlton Reserve, swamps, Florida.

Skills for surviving (let alone thriving) in each of those climates are distinct. I find it very hard to believe that BL, or any 23-year old, was capable of truly understanding how to survive in all these disparate areas.

IMO, the "outdoorsman" persona is just that. He is just a regular dude.

I wouldn't use "regular dude" to describe anything about BL. I think he greatly embellished everything he said or did and that Gabby was his ticket to popularity in high school. The very real tragedy is that Gabby couldn't see the very deep flaws in his personality.

What exactly is an influencer? I had never heard of "van life" until this case which I'm sure is a reflection of my age and generation. What I do find surprising is at the age of 23 BL was still living at home and both he and Gabby were working at menial jobs. That isn't an attractive lifestyle yet living out of a tiny converted van for months without running water is attractive?

Something has hit me recently. Maybe it is because I can see myself saying it as Gabby did. In the video where Gabby says, "Gabby Petito, never goes outside" and then Brian gives a little eye something. I couldn't understand why she would say that as obvi, she goes outside. I think she could have just been sarcastic, but now I think she was possibly kind of mocking or repeating in a joking way a complaint of Brian's. Is it possible she was really working a lot and his complaint was that she never got out of the van, tent, coffee shop? I think quite possibly it was.

This morning when I checked BL’s Instagram he was following 40 people. I just now checked his Instagram and he is following 41 people. Is it possible someone else has access to his account, or is he still active on it and making alterations?

Anybody else notice this?
Do you know who the 41st is?

Something has hit me recently. Maybe it is because I can see myself saying it as Gabby did. In the video where Gabby says, "Gabby Petito, never goes outside" and then Brian gives a little eye something. I couldn't understand why she would say that as obvi, she goes outside. I think she could have just been sarcastic, but now I think she was possibly kind of mocking or repeating in a joking way a complaint of Brian's. Is it possible she was really working a lot and his complaint was that she never got out of the van, tent, coffee shop? I think quite possibly it was.

That an interesting way to see it, BL was quite clearly dismissive of GP's efforts to get her influence operation running, that may of been a key point of tension between them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288