Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! Yes you are so right that it could be so many reasons why they decided it was a homicide.

My point was, that I find it very unlikely, that it was just one injury, that could also be because of she just fell ( the same that he pushed her and it was an accident of sorts).
So I think the "oh he just pushed her away and she fell down and hit her head and he panicked and ran"- scenario is propably not the case as I hope they are at least sure (to some extent of course, as life is always unpredictable) when announcing it was No accident. So let's be honest, whoever it was, likely Brian, it was a clear killing. Maybe impulsive and whatnot but the killer knew it would not appear as anything else. MOO OOMB
If the COD begins with "multiple", I'll have no doubt rage was a factor.

There is no reasonable explanation here. Gabby was with him, Gabby was found dead, before she was found he left her there, stole her bank cards and stole her van. While she lay dead in the Wyoming sun. There is nothing explanatory about that. And a few days before that people called the police on him for hitting her!

That may be the most popular narrative and could very well be correct. However, that theory does have many assumptions in it. A defense attorney will suggest other scenarios.

Gabby being with him does not make him the killer.

Gabby being found dead just means she was found dead. Later her death was listed as homicide but no suspect has been announced.

Gabby may have told him to leave with the van and a credit card for gas.

Both seem to have expressed frustration with physicality.

I do believe he is connected with her death but I acknowledge it is not yet a proven fact.

Good morning everyone!

I sound like a broken record here but....may today be the day.

And I have a question - because I truly CANNOT recall. Was the dispatcher to the officer audio ever released? Now that they're saying the officers did know that Brian slapped Gabby because the dispatcher relayed that info, I'm wondering what's going to come of that (even though sadly, it will not bring our Gabby back).

I think a lot of folks who may not have cared to know figured it out during the pandemic, particularly someone who may be vulnerable. <modsnip>
definitely, but a lot of them may have also relied on family members to take care of it for them. I have family in their late 50s still using flip phones and it’s not for a lack of trying either. some people just don’t get or have the patience to use technology these days. /JMO

Possible it was a holding pattern?
I don't think so, up until now they haven't done that in such a tight circle -- they have meandered around the park more, checking out the trails, etc. This was SUPER focused and I don't think it was just because they were up there burning fuel waiting for something to happen.

Was anyone watching the live stream while it was doing that?

Good morning everyone!

I sound like a broken record here but....may today be the day.

And I have a question - because I truly CANNOT recall. Was the dispatcher to the officer audio ever released? Now that they're saying the officers did know that Brian slapped Gabby because the dispatcher relayed that info, I'm wondering what's going to come of that (even though sadly, it will not bring our Gabby back).

Yes, it's been all over these threads. I posted it here a couple days ago.

Yes, it can. I said so. Have an example. But it does make a conviction or even a accusation more difficult when all one has is circumstantial evidence and there are reasonable explanations out there
I think in most cases all they have is circumstantial evidence. It's very rare
(and very fortunate for the prosecution) to have direct evidence, such as the crime being caught on camera or a person witnessing the actual crime.

I think the digital evidence, as well as any physical evidence, will be crucial in this case. If they can narrow down the time of death and place BL in the location of the body, that would be pretty convincing. Imo

ETA Actually I'm wondering if the use of the credit/debit card might be direct evidence! Maybe they do have more than circumstantial evidence after all.

Last edited:
definitely, but a lot of them may have also relied on family members to take care of it for them. I have family in their late 50s still using flip phones and it’s not for a lack of trying either. some people just don’t get or have the patience to use technology these days. /JMO
Meh. They have a daughter who could order stuff for them, if it came to that.

Their son is a missing person and yet ...

They have not searched one minute for him.
They have not put out a single public plea on television in the hopes he sees it and returns.
They have not put out any reward for someone to find him and bring him home.
EXACTLY.
IMO
The ONLY reason that they called police is because they knew if they pretended much longer that he was at home, when the police DID show up with a warrant they would be in big trouble.
I think their timeline of Tuesday (14th) leaving is wrong, either accidentally or on purpose.
Finally found an early news report, from the 13th. NO MUSTANG in driveway.

I have said this. many times before, I just don't see a reason for NPPD to respond to abandoned vehicle at 2:44pm on 14th if it were only parked there that morning. AT LEAST the day before if not 2 days or more MOO.

I think as soon as NPPD towed the van, he bugged out. IMO

I don't think so, up until now they haven't done that in such a tight circle -- they have meandered around the park more, checking out the trails, etc. This was SUPER focused and I don't think it was just because they were up there burning fuel waiting for something to happen.

Was anyone watching the live stream while it was doing that?

I can say it's current flight is quite interesting. Maybe it is a news chopper like someone above suggested.

Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member