MA MA - Kidnapping, HispanicFem, 5-10 yo, braids, barrettes, Hiawatha Rd, Mattapan, Boston, 27 Sep 2021

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Police are investigating a report of a possible abduction on Monday morning in Boston's Mattapan neighborhood.

The incident was reported around 6:55 a.m. on Hiawatha Road. A witness told police they saw a man in a dark-colored SUV abduct a child. The car reportedly drove down Hiawatha Road toward Blue Hill Avenue.

The victim was reportedly a female between the ages of 5 and 10, with braids and barrettes in her hair.

The suspect police are looking for is an adult male who was wearing a tan jacket.

No missing children have been reported in the area, police said.

No further information was immediately available.
Police Investigating Possible Child Abduction in Mattapan

Police received a 911 call just before 7 a.m. from a person who said they saw a man kidnap a girl on Hiawatha Road. The caller said the man took the child, got into an SUV and fled the area toward Blue Hill Avenue.

The man was described as a light-skinned Hispanic man, who was wearing a tan jacket.

The vehicle was being described as a black SUV.

The caller said the girl was wearing a blue jacket and has long braids with multi-color barrettes in her hair.
Police investigating after receiving report of girl kidnapped in Boston

Ugh. Was she walking to her bus stop or to school? It would appear that this person was waiting specifically for this.

Mildred Avenue K-8 school is fairly close by, about a block or two, on the far side of Blue Hill Ave.

ETA: School hours are 7:30 to 2:00.
IF that was the school the girl attended, then hopefully they will be looking closely at anyone who is absent.

Last edited:
I figured. Was she walking alone? I'm guessing so but why? Someone was waiting for that exact moment. I'm hoping this is all some misunderstanding and that girl is safe.
I edited my post to add school hours. (7:30 - 2:00). She might have headed out a bit earlier than most of the other kids for some reason.

According to the report, police received a 911 call just before 7 a.m. from a person who said they saw a man kidnap a girl on Hiawatha Road. The man took the child and then fled the area in an SUV toward Blue Hill Avenue.

As of 8:30am on Monday, no one has called to report a missing child.
BPD investigating a report of kidnapping near Blue Hill Ave. - Caught In Dot

It's possible the parents don't know she is even missing. Someone just happened to witness the possible abduction. I would get the schools to send out messages to the parents of absent children and see if anyone reports back that their kid should be at school.

I've seen this happen before, and they never find out what happened. Does anyone remember a case, maybe 10 years ago, when a small child was yanked off a bike and driven away, leaving the bike on the side of the road, and a witness called 911, and there was never any resolution to the case? LE was making public announcements, if this was your child and it was an innocent situation, please contact us, although no one ever did?

There is a lot of police presence, I would think parents would be outside asking questions as well. I also would think LE is at the local schools looking to see if anyone is absent that fits the description. IMO
Absolutely. I'm sure they have the names and contact info for all girls with long brown hair who are missing from school this morning. It would be helpful to interview ALL girls with long brown hair, in case one of them was the one who appeared to have been kidnapped but it was an innocent situation, and now they're in school. It seems this could be the case of a girl who took off on foot for school and her dad chased her down and took her in the car instead.

There is a lot of police presence, I would think parents would be outside asking questions as well. I also would think LE is at the local schools looking to see if anyone is absent that fits the description. IMO

There is a school only a couple of blocks from there. I hope they have cops up there now asking questions. Cant really look for a girl if you don't know who she is.

I edited my post to add school hours. (7:30 - 2:00). She might have headed out a bit earlier than most of the other kids for some reason.

Boston Public Schools are offering free breakfast and lunch to all students through federal funding. Schools differ on the exact protocol for how it's done due to COVID, but she may have left early in order to take advantage of the provided breakfast as that's what many students are doing.

No kid reported missing?????????

If both parents left for work slightly after or before she left and have not been called then it is not surprising. Depending on the school they may not even call the parents if a child is absent depending on attendance reporting procedures. Even then it may be an e-mail, text, call, or landline call that the parents can't access a phone or email while a work (some places don't allow them on the floor).

At this point we should give the parent's the benefit of the doubt that they unaware/cooperating.

It also reminds of a case recently that a young lady was forcefully pulled into a vehicle, but it turns out it was someone she knew (domestic disturbance).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back