Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. First post on WS. I have been trying to keep up with all the threads, posts and news.

I'm wondering what are you thoughts about what's BL goal with this in case he's still alive. Basically, what could possibly be his plan? To be on the run for the rest of his life? As far as some people that know him, he can hide for some time, but forever is a different story. It just requires money, skills and a personality that I don't know if it's in him. Is he hiding out while the lawyer prepare some kind of defense?

In my opinion, being on the run, showing up without GP to his parents house, and his parents not answering GP texts/calls (as far as I know this is the case) just reads guilty all over or at least highly suspicious if I'm being kind. He could say that he was scared because he was going to be automatically targeted a suspect for the death of GP but that's very flaky.

The fact that they keep searching around the same area (even if the FBI is going to lead the search now), and not - at least not publicly - elsewhere makes me wonder if either they don't have any leads that he could be anywhere else and this is just "the most likely place he could be" or they have leads that point to this area. I understand it's not a small area but he's just one guy that's on the run and doesn't have "on the run experience" (even if he has hiking experience).

Maybe she left him or maybe he left her and he got mad because she kept going. Maybe spread creek was next Planned stop so that’s how he knew where to find her. Last known location The Merry Pigglet restaurant. Was this relatively close to where he was picked up?

Hello everyone. First post on WS. I have been trying to keep up with all the threads, posts and news.

I'm wondering what are you thoughts about what's BL goal with this in case he's still alive. Basically, what could possibly be his plan? To be on the run for the rest of his life? As far as some people that know him, he can hide for some time, but forever is a different story. It just requires money, skills and a personality that I don't know if it's in him. Is he hiding out while the lawyer prepare some kind of defense?

In my opinion, being on the run, showing up without GP to his parents house, and his parents not answering GP texts/calls (as far as I know this is the case) just reads guilty all over or at least highly suspicious if I'm being kind. He could say that he was scared because he was going to be automatically targeted a suspect for the death of GP but that's very flaky.

The fact that they keep searching around the same area (even if the FBI is going to lead the search now), and not - at least not publicly - elsewhere makes me wonder if either they don't have any leads that he could be anywhere else and this is just "the most likely place he could be" or they have leads that point to this area. I understand it's not a small area but he's just one guy that's on the run and doesn't have "on the run experience" (even if he has hiking experience).

I really think he is trying to kill himself, just my thoughts.

Especially given the fact that they are supposedly worried he might hurt himself. And add he could be injured or worse by LE when they find him. The contrast between them and Gabby's mom sobbing and begging to find her missing daughter is striking. Imo, one parent didn't know where their child was. The other parents know where their child is.

Moo.
The Laundries say that they do not know where BL is. It is possible that is the case, and it is possible they filed that missing persons report because they truly feel he is a danger to himself. It is also possible BL is dead. I doubt they are feeling good about this. They are probably worried sick and highly stressed. That the “deserve” this is in the picture , given they and their son’s lack of info and actions caused the same for GP’s parents. The truth of the matter is her parents’ absolute worst fear was realized so not much they could have done to alleviate that. Just brought it to head sooner, perhaps.

These fanatics are a public nuisance they need to get a life and stop annoying the local residents. Please, let LE do their job and stop being a distraction.

Spot on. Every time BL’s parents or a fed up neighbor calls LE it’s also valuable (probably from a already stretched thin) resources diverted away from the community in other ER calls. I can’t imagine the OT the department is paying out to officers since this all went down in that town. IMO

Just wanted to say I still can't find it. I suspect it might have been deleted as something unofficial. If I happen to find it, I'll put it where I said, but I don't think I will, so just letting you know.

Are you referring to the redacted police reports about the Petito & Laundrie families in the news article linked to in this post by @Keyedin ?

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

On another note: One redacted report — incident No. 21-053269, at 2:42 p.m. dated Sept. 14 — is filed as an abandoned vehicle report at the address of 6968 Reisterstown Road, in North Port, where the Mustang was left.

Also interesting in this article:
A third redacted report —incident No. 21-054246, at 11:22 p.m. dated Sept. 18 notes a “suspicious incident” at the intersection of Balboa Terrace and Delmar Drive in North Port.

Delmar Drive is a bit of a beaten trail of a road that drags along Big Slough in the middle of North Port. There are no homes on Delmar Drive; and only a handful along Balboa Terrance.

For whatever that's worth....
(RSBM for focus)

Here's a link to the news article.
Gabby Petito case: North Port redacts records on Petito, Laundrie family

JMO

This I don't understand. Whose DNA are they matching? With all the items they have already taken, they could match DNA with any of those items.

I really wondered if what they needed was from the parents, and not Brian. Walt on WFLA just said on the live feed they may have requested the parents DNA to rule things out because a child's DNA can be very close to parents DNA. Who knows at this point, but wouldn't be shocked if they asked for the parents DNA in this case.

OK, thank you. So I'm just guessing here, so the FBI never had BL's DNA. And now, again just guessing, there was skin found under Gabbie's nails, and they're comparing that to BL's DNA, which is on the item removed from the parent's home.. OR maybe comparing semen, or blood found at the crime scene?
Well, I thought they would have already had his DNA just because he was a missing person at first. Usually LE asks for a sample for identification purposes.

But since the FBI went back I'm thinking they obtained a warrant. But yes, it must have something to do with evidence they found and they need a warrant so it will stand up in court. Imo

I had the same thought ... that perhaps if he is indeed on the AT, that he may find a spot just off the trail in a hilly, wooded secluded area where he is near enough a store to buy supplies, and also able to just camp and not risk being seen on the trail by continually moving along. But eventually whatever money he may have will run out...

On the southern end most of the "stores" off the trail are small county/ convenience, locally owned grocery and even the chains are run by locals. Everybody knows everybody and all strangers are quickly noticed. Many times locals will ask, "where ya from?" We ain't known for being shy in the south, nosey yes, shy no. :)

Moo...

I think he snapped in a fit of rage and knocked her unconscious and kept her in the van a few days hoping she would wake up. He would have known it was game over for him if he called for an ambulance. His reasoning or lack thereof just shows how dangerous his thinking is. This is what leads me to believe he has done more.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "this leads me to believe he has done more"?

As in he's committed previous crimes that have, as yet, gone undetected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus