Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, neighbor reported X missing, Montezuma, 27 May 2021 #2

Sorry if this is repeated info, Stage Coach Bike trail starts near the court and goes to Diamond Lake. From the entrance to the court to the campground is a 17 min walk on the bike trail per Google maps. The trail does continue on to Hwy 63 in once direction. I am not sure if that is the junk yard area mentioned in the transcript.
These are the two areas mentioned. The “junk yard” reference threw me off, I didn’t know anything was there. I’ve driven past that dozens of times and never noticed it there.

Attachments

• 84859AD3-5305-4E68-B810-FCBEFEAFF993.jpeg
    84859AD3-5305-4E68-B810-FCBEFEAFF993.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 45
"Assistant Director of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation Mitch Mortvedt confirmed the search is related to Xavior Harrelson and says that DCI, the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office, and Iowa State Patrol are all assisting.

It is currently unclear what information has led law enforcement to search that area. "

I wonder why they focused on that specific area? Is someone talking?

"Assistant Director of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation Mitch Mortvedt confirmed the search is related to Xavior Harrelson and says that DCI, the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office, and Iowa State Patrol are all assisting.

It is currently unclear what information has led law enforcement to search that area. "

I wonder why they focused on that specific area? Is someone talking?
I can't seem to find this information, but is there hunting in Fox Forest Wildlife Area? I'm just wondering, with hunting season just opening up, if someone found something.

I can't seem to find this information, but is there hunting in Fox Forest Wildlife Area? I'm just wondering, with hunting season just opening up, if someone found something.
From the initial live news clips reporting from the site, the search seemed concentrated in the "junkyard area." This area isn't visible from the road and seems many locals were unaware it existed. IMO, they were following up on a tip.

Bumping transcript reporting from the search site.

Todd Magel did a live report from the scene at noon.

Seems the search is directed at the junk yard(?). Something led DCI to search that area. Anything develops, I'm sure KCCI will have breaking report.

Search crews in area near where Xavior Harrelson disappeared

Transcript:

KCCI 8 NEWS AT NOON STARTS RIGHT NOW. ER: THERE MAY BE DEVELOPMENTS IN THE SEARCH FOR XAVIOR HARRELN. SEARCH CREWS ARE IN AN AREA OUTSIDE OF POWESHEK -- IN POWESHIEK COUNTY RIGHT NOW. TODD MAGEL IS THERE WITH NEW INFORMATION. WHAT ARE THEY TURNIN UGP? REPORTER: WE ARE SOUTH OF LAKE DIAMOND AND LAKE PONDEROSA. BEHIND E Y COUAN SEE THE PARKING LOT HERE. A FEW SECONDS AGO THIWAS S FOR LOVE LAW ENFORCEMENT VEHICLES. THEY JUST BROKE AND DROVE AWAY FOR LUNCH. THIS IS A VAST COUNTY PARK, MORE THAN00 5 ACRES. WE SHOT SOME VIDEO OF THE SCENE A LITTLE BIT EARLIER WHEN WE ARRIVED ROUND 10:30. WEAW S SEVERAL SEARCH CREWS COMING AND GOING IN THE AREA. ONE AARE THEY WERE SEARCHING IS A JUNKYARD CLOSE TO THE HIGHWAY. WE SPOTTED A CREW USG INSEARCH OGS. THEY WERE COMING IN AND OUT OF A TRAILHEAD AREA IN THE PARKING LOT WHERE WE ARE NOW. THE POWESHIEK UNTYCO SHEFF'R’S HERE BUT HE DEFERRED QUESTIONS TO THE STATE PCI. XAVIOR HARRELSON HAS BEEN MISSING SINCE MAY. HE MISSED FROM HIS HOME IN MONTEZUMA. THERE HAVE BEEN MANY SEARCHES THIS SUMMER BUT NO LUCK IN FINDING THIS YNGOU BOY. IT IS NOT CLEAR WHAT LED LAW ENFORCEMENT TO THIARS EA TODAY THAT IT IS CLEAR THEY HAVE BEEN SEARCHING ALL MORNING. HERE, WE WILL LET YOU KNOW.

If we have the right "junkyard" and the Beacon property tax info is correct and the Iowa Online search is correct, the owner of the junkyard knows SH, JL, SR and JP from what I guess are small claims/evictions. I'm not saying that has anything to do with anything.

Last edited:
Yes, the Fox Forest Wildlife Area is considered public land and hunting is allowed. Right now the only hunting would be dove and I don’t think that’s very big around here as I haven’t seen any hunters. Some special deer archery seasons start Saturday and regular archery season starts in two weeks, that will get more hunters out and about. The underbrush right now is pretty thick and visibility is going to be extremely limited.

If we have the right "junkyard" and the Beacon property tax info is correct and the Iowa Online search is correct, the owner of the junkyard knows SH, JL, SR and JP from what I guess are small claims/evictions. I'm not saying that has anything to do with anything.
Makes a person wonder IF it has something to do with something though. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back