SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or an accidental suicide shooting to the head? SMDH...
This is what I come across about POA vs DPOA. It seems DPOA doesn't end if the person granting it becomes incapacitated , only in death or if they revoke it.

"What's the difference between durable and general power of attorney? A general power of attorney ends the moment you become incapacitated. ... A durable power of attorney stays effective until the principle dies or until they act to revoke the power they've granted to their agent."

The Difference Between Durable and General Power of Attorney

I wondered that as well. And this is out there … but maybe he signed everything she was to have in her name prior to his death. Then, when he died, AM gets everything needed to continue the drug operations. Just an idea MOO
Just thinking if it’s true that AM was involved in continuing operations it could be that the statement in the 911 call about “why did you get involved” (for the record I can’t hear that on the 911 call) could be pointing to that operation. PM being young and stupid also got involved and could have pissed off others involved in drugs. I still think, JMHO, that AM is going to spill the beans and is being protected as a witness. Think about the note passed to the judge, the DPOA and being able to go out of state to an unknown rehab while all this is going down. He is in hiding with LE’s help. I don’t believe he has a 20 year addiction to opiates. His recent loss of weight is from stress after finding his wife and son murdered. This is all MOO

The heirs of the Murdaugh family housekeeper who died after an alleged trip-and-fall accident in 2018 have asked a judge to jail Alex Murdaugh, according to a Monday court filing.

Gloria Satterfield’s sons, Tony Satterfield and Brian Harriott, filed a motion for civil detention, asking for a court order “requiring the arrest and detention” of Alex Murdaugh until he returns “the property that he has that he has fraudulently embezzled from them,” according to the filing by their lawyer, Eric Bland.
The motion asks Judge Carmen Mullen or another judge for a hearing in which all parties will testify under oath. The motion puts more attention on one of the half-dozen investigations tied to the Murdaugh family.

Bland also said last week that he is turning the case over to the S.C. Law Enforcement Division for criminal investigation.

Satterfield’s sons ask SC judge to put Alex Murdaugh in jail | The State

SCAttorneys File Motion Asking Judge To Arrest Alex Murdaugh For Alleged Embezzlement

Attorneys File Motion Asking Judge To Arrest Alex Murdaugh For Alleged Embezzlement

Attorneys Eric Bland and Ronald Richter — who are representing Satterfield’s two sons in a lawsuit alleging civil conspiracy and stolen funds in connection with Satterfield’s wrongful death settlement — filed the special motion Monday based on a South Carolina law that states a person can be arrested in a civil case without criminal charges in some circumstances.

Gloria’s family was told that Gloria tripped on the steps at the Murdaugh’s former home on Holly Street in Hampton, S.C. on February 2, 2018. They were told the Murdaughs’ dogs caused her to trip – causing a fall which resulted in her sustaining a traumatic brain injury.

Bland later learned that Alex Murdaugh’s insurance company actually settled for more than $4.3 million — which included $2.8 million that was supposed to go to his clients.

The petition was not entered into the court record— which is a major violation of procedure. In fact, none of the documents essential to the settlement process were entered properly.

Alex Murdaugh opened up a bank account at Bank of America under the name of Forge, got the check cashed and walked away with the money,” Bland said.

All of those buildings are dog kennels? Sorry; I’m not good at discerning what items are from aerials. MOO.
Under the long narrow building with a white metal roof, you will see smaller box type structures that appear to be separate dog houses, probably with some type fence between and in front of each one. Not sure of directions but it seems to be situated in a east/west direction. Beside it running in an opposite direction north/south appears what looks to be chain link wire cage that is either a dog run or separate cages to let the dogs get sunlight. I suspect these are expensive hunting dogs thus would not be allowed to roam free.

JMO

The building with the red roof is oriented 146 degrees on the long axis and is approx 130 feet long.
Is this the kennel or is the kennel the little building slightly to the north west of the red roof?
Both buildings are better than 300 yards from the main house.

From Google earth.

OK, Google earth is out of date. I see the long light colored building to the southwest of the long axis of the red building.
I assume that is the kennel.
URL: ArcGIS Web Application
Thanks!
Best aerial view I've seen.
Now I see 2 entryways to the property. One leads to the kennel area.
Another further down the road leads straight to the house.

Thank you, @sds71. I seriously think many people there could benefit from some therapy. Imagine living in a fairly cohesive place where a family’s presence was enmeshed with the history of the place, the politics, the social activities, legal matters, and so many other aspects of daily life. You wouldn’t have had to know any of the family personally to feel and be affected. Whatever people thought before all of this came out, it seems unlikely that they would have imagined all of this. What a shock that has to have been and be just to one’s sense of reality and what they’ve always thought and believed. I feel so for them all. My words—a wisp of a breeze—will not comfort them, of course, as they have to keep doing their usual activities all the while wondering when another sudden avalanche might plow them under. It’s like the locals are in an aquarium that used to feel big enough and safe enough until they realized at least one shark was inside with them—and the world was pressed up against the glass, ogling the occupants from outside while the shark that they used to think of as a dolphin or at least a not very aggressive type of shark invaded their space and sense of safety. MOO.
Well-written!

The heirs of the Murdaugh family housekeeper who died after an alleged trip-and-fall accident in 2018 have asked a judge to jail Alex Murdaugh, according to a Monday court filing.

Gloria Satterfield’s sons, Tony Satterfield and Brian Harriott, filed a motion for civil detention, asking for a court order “requiring the arrest and detention” of Alex Murdaugh until he returns “the property that he has that he has fraudulently embezzled from them,” according to the filing by their lawyer, Eric Bland.
The motion asks Judge Carmen Mullen or another judge for a hearing in which all parties will testify under oath. The motion puts more attention on one of the half-dozen investigations tied to the Murdaugh family.

Bland also said last week that he is turning the case over to the S.C. Law Enforcement Division for criminal investigation.

Satterfield’s sons ask SC judge to put Alex Murdaugh in jail | The State
Some GOOD news for a change

I hope the judge will act on the arrest.

On NG last night I heard something that I haven’t seen anywhere else. It was a recorded call with a state trooper saying “if we are going to mention names then I’m going to mention ‘his’ name”. ‘His’ was a Murdaugh reference. I had house guest so I couldn’t catch all of it. They showed the property, SS highway memorial and took a boat ride to see where it hit the bridge.

It was worth listening to NG to see the area and hear that recording.

Attorneys representing the sons of former Murdaugh family housekeeper Gloria Satterfield have filed a special motion to ask a judge to arrest Alex Murdaugh for allegedly stealing millions from Satterfield’s sons in an insurance scam.

This is wild.
https://twitter.com/mandymatney/status/1442545866976514053?s=21

Hopefully the windfall momentum will provide some justice. To think the double homicide opened the floodgates is a silver lining of sorts.

Attorneys representing the sons of former Murdaugh family housekeeper Gloria Satterfield have filed a special motion to ask a judge to arrest Alex Murdaugh for allegedly stealing millions from Satterfield’s sons in an insurance scam.

This is wild.
Unbelievable. Cause of death: natural? It was a wrongful death case according to insurance. No official autopsy. Alex approaches GS’s two sons and admits wrongdoing so no insurance investigation. Alex refers the two sons to an attorney who is also AM’s BFF and PM’s godfather. Settlement $$$ put into an account and all of it transferred to AM.

ArcGIS Web Application

Enter search "4157 Moselle Rd" and zoom way in. To the NE of the kennels appears to be a structure near the road. What is this building?

View attachment 314916
I'm not sure but someone said in an earlier thread that there was possibly a caretaker's house on the property. When I clicked on the link you provided I was able to navigate to pictometry imagery and a 3/3/2011 image seems to show a driveway leading off one of the main 4157 moselle drives -that driveway seems to lead to the structure you're referring to.

qPublic.net - Colleton County, SC - Pictometry Imagery: 123-00-00-002.000

Maybe the trees obscure the driveway connection in more recent photos. Here is a photo download from the pictometry.

Attachments

• PictometryExport.pdf
    145.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics