Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Barry just wants to
The jury doesn't need to know any of these things to decide BM killed SM. If the ground is dry when you go to sleep and wet when you wake, you have circumstantial proof beyond a reasonable doubt that it rained in your area during the night. You don't need to know when it rained, how much it rained, where else it rained, how much went into the soil, how much went into the reservoir, or what path it took to get there. You don't need to know if the rain was accompanied by winds, lightning, thunder or all three. You don't need a forecast or a news report. It rained.

Electronic evidence proves beyond a reasonable doubt that SM was happily communicating with her lover and her friend up until just before BM arrived at Puma Path on the afternoon of May 9. The ground was dry. He admits he was there at that time with a gun in his hands. After that, she disappears physically and in terms of all interactions with the human world. The ground is wet. BM killed SM, beyond a reasonable doubt. He made the hotel reservation for his patently phony alibi well before all this. He deliberated, beyond a reasonable doubt.

We're here because we like to analyze and speculate, and analyze our speculations LOL. It's not surprising that we feel there's something missing if we don't know everything BM could tell us about what happened that day, why, and how he disposed of SM.

But for the jury, this is a very simple case. They don't need to know all those things we want to know. It's as easy as deciding it rained during the night. Whole bunches of BM's statements can be suppressed without damaging the case.

All that's needed is a responsible jury with common sense, who will keep their eyes on the donut and ignore the defense attorneys shouting about the hole. The kind of jury our system of justice is designed to produce, and the kind of jury it commonly does produce. The prosecutors aren't worried about their case for Murder in the First Degree, After Deliberation. I'm not, either. BM will not enjoy his freedom long, if he enjoys it at all. MOO.
The jury doesn't need to know any of these things to decide BM killed SM. If the ground is dry when you go to sleep and wet when you wake, you have circumstantial proof beyond a reasonable doubt that it rained in your area during the night. You don't need to know when it rained, how much it rained, where else it rained, how much went into the soil, how much went into the reservoir, or what path it took to get there. You don't need to know if the rain was accompanied by winds, lightning, thunder or all three. You don't need a forecast or a news report. It rained.

Electronic evidence proves beyond a reasonable doubt that SM was happily communicating with her lover and her friend up until just before BM arrived at Puma Path on the afternoon of May 9. The ground was dry. He admits he was there at that time with a gun in his hands. After that, she disappears physically and in terms of all interactions with the human world. The ground is wet. BM killed SM, beyond a reasonable doubt. He made the hotel reservation for his patently phony alibi well before all this. He deliberated, beyond a reasonable doubt.

We're here because we like to analyze and speculate, and analyze our speculations LOL. It's not surprising that we feel there's something missing if we don't know everything BM could tell us about what happened that day, why, and how he disposed of SM.

But for the jury, this is a very simple case. They don't need to know all those things we want to know. It's as easy as deciding it rained during the night. Whole bunches of BM's statements can be suppressed without damaging the case.

All that's needed is a responsible jury with common sense, who will keep their eyes on the donut and ignore the defense attorneys shouting about the hole. The kind of jury our system of justice is designed to produce, and the kind of jury it commonly does produce. The prosecutors aren't worried about their case for Murder in the First Degree, After Deliberation. I'm not, either. BM will not enjoy his freedom long, if he enjoys it at all. MOO.
You nailed the prosecution's opening statement!

Can we also disabuse ourselves of the notion that Barry was working all the time?

He may have said he was working all the time. In fact, he may have said all the time that he was working, but he seems to dedicate a lot of time driving around with a Bobcat, a lot of time shooting chipmunks, a lot of time chasing after elk (squirrel!), a lot of time working out, winning at push ups, working for 11 minutes but calling it a day. Busy work but not really working. Busy B.

I wonder why he never thought to try shooting antlers off.

Surely he'd have a story for that.

"Boy's got a mouth like a cannon, always shootin' it off."

--quoth the great Foghorn Leghorn

But you know, innocent until proven guilty. Hard worker, good husband.

If we misunderstand you, Mr. Morphew, please clear it up for us.

If you can.

JMO

Many likes for this post @Megnut !
IDK. I have to wonder what about him that all of the investigations have not uncovered.

@oviedo , @OldCop - Did I miss an updated timeline from the AA release?
Was it a sawed off rifle? I was assuming it was a short barrel rifle that was legal in Indiana, but not in Colorado.

It is referred to as a short barrel in the AA. I haven't spent a lot of time around avid hunters in awhile, used to be sawed-off was a catch-all for any short/shortened barrel. But I don't recall being able to buy short barrels retail the last time I handled rifles. You couldn't buy an AR-15 over the counter then either though, so things change.

LS just tweeted that she will have a YouTube Live to discuss the AA tonight. 7:30 p.m. Mountain Time.
That’s an hour and 1/2 from now.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1443002504778747906?s=21
The much awaited arrest affidavit of #BarryMorphew has been released for more than a week. Have you read the nearly 130 pages yet? If not or would like to discuss it, tune in to a LIVE chat on my YouTube channel TONIGHT at 7:30 pm with @SHempelmannTV: bit.ly/3kMRGEw

Many likes for this post @Megnut !
IDK. I have to wonder what about him that all of the investigations have not uncovered.
I know a guy personally who is so much like BM. He had his wife convinced he was a hard working plumber putting in the overtime, but spent A LOT of time hunting for antler sheds, chasing deer, and screwing off. A LOT! MOO.

Maybe I should've used a different word than "damning," so I'll further explain my thoughts this way instead - what was so secretive in the AA that it needed to remain sealed? What was in the AA that certain parties needed protection from? What was in the AA that the judge felt the public need not see? (but later was released with very little redactions anyway). And now that the AA has been released (with not many redactions after all), what was all the hoopla about it remaing sealed?
Does that explain better the point I was trying to make (with leaving out the word "damning?")
@NWLady re bbm. IDK, aside from what my earlier post said.

Last edited:
Did the AA include references to LE Mirandizing BM before/during any of their interviews w him?
Was this mentioned in the PH?
Anyone recall? A quote? Link to page or post?
Thx in adv.

Despite what some may think, I do not think it is fair to position the judge this way. The prosecution did not even use up all the time the were allowed in the preliminary so seems difficult to say the judge allowed the "defense to run on." and despite what we all might think about Barry's guilt or innocence, he is in Colorado, still presumed innocent under the eyes of the law and because prosecution did not meet the burden of proof positive presumption great the judge was well within the law to allow bail. Whether we think it was "high enough" or "low enough" it doesn't appear out of the norm for these types of trials. In my opinion the judge, if he was partial to the defense, could have dismissed and sent the case back to the prosecution...but he didn't, he sent it on to trial to be determined by a jury which was a "fair" move in my opinion.
During the first day
He probably had a few .22's. Every hunter has a couple of .22s ranging from their favorite snake rifle, to the one they teach the grandkids to shoot with.

In Barry's case, the non-functional dart gun was in the garage. Barry handed over the sawed off .22, his "chipmunk" gun through the truck door sometime after the fact when LE was pretty sure he hadn't handed over ALL of his weapons. I don't have the AA handy to give the page number, but we've all seen the screencap of Barry handing a gun out of a truck window. *SMH*, what a maroon, Barry makes me facepalm a lot.
You are right. Who doesn't turn over ALL the guns in a misding/murder investigation of their wife?

I think Barry just wants to

You nailed it! Prosecution's opening statement!

BMs bail is 17% of his liquid assets.
Let see, life in prison or forfeiting less than 20% of your money.

MOO Judge Murphy is not looking impartial.
Withholding AA for no discernable reason, minimum bail. Allowing Defense to run on, and take unfair time during Preliminary Hearing.
Wonder if this is his MO.
How much did he have to give to the lawyers already? You'd have to deduct that amount from his liquid assets.

During the first day

You are right. Who doesn't turn over ALL the guns in a misding/murder investigation of their wife?
Here's one: Larry Millete, husband of still-missing mother of three, Maya Millete, actually went out and bought two new guns, after LE served him with a Gun Violence Restraining Order and confiscated his collection of legal and illegal firearms:

(p 6, pp 5)

https://interactive.cbs8.com/pdfs/Millete_GVRO_unsealed.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members