Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not all that electronics savvy, so bear with me. I've just learned that Apple has an App called "Health App". It comes free with a new iPhone, or you can download it and sync it with your Apple Watch, computer, other phones, etc. One of the features of the app is that it senses and keeps track of the number of steps you take and the kinds of steps that are taken. It can tell if the steps are running steps, walking steps, off-kilter steps, etc. Its not only used for general health reasons, the information gathered can be uploaded to your physician's phone so that he can determine not only the number of steps, but their duration and the type of activity happening while those steps occur.

In a recent case in the UK, a man murdered his wife, staged a burglary and left her phone on the front step of the house to give the impression the burglar/murderers dropped it as they ran away. From the very beginning of the investigation, he insisted she had been murdered during a burglary gone bad. At trial the prosecution used the Health App to demonstrate the movements of both the husband and wife's phone during the time they suspected he murdered her. Her phone was casually walked 14 steps from the front door to where it was found by police on the front steps. His phone mirrored the same. His phone walked back into the house. Hers did not. During the time period when the burglary was staged, his phone indicated frantic movement around the house as he tore the place apart after her murder and attempted to cover his crime. The information helped sentence him to a life tariff.

If Gabby and BL had iPhones, they most probably had this app and used it to keep track of their steps walked from day to day. I would be VERY interested to see the charts of those movements around the time of Gabby's death. If she was attacked and strangled, or bludgeoned with a rock, or knifed - that struggle and the steps associated with it and the nature of those steps would be recorded on her Apple Watch or phone, if she had it in her pocket. The same would be recorded on BL's watch or phone.

Amazing.
That would certainly nail things down very nicely, potentially. eta typo

Last edited:
Actually had to work all day today and the only thing that kept me from being grumpy was being thankful that my clients never killed someone, ran away, and then gave my cell phone number to journalists to text questions at all day. Night guys!

Excellent questions, and one more:

Any confirmation on if this was a "new" or "new to them" camper? Do we know how long they had this and if the Ford transit was also at the campground?
I find their behavior really suspicious. Your son comes home without the woman he left with in her van and I am sure with her possessions and they say 'come, we will go camping'. There is no way that those parents did not think that there was something suspicious going on there, no matter what he told them.

I wouldn't use it at their home...maybe getting Milk and use it then?

Except they may be followed undercover by LE and will notice. I mean if they use it in the car, less likely any undercover LE may notice a phone call being made .

I posted that as well! What I was interested to know was when - what day - that selfie photo was taken. I didn’t hear them say in the broadcast. But IMO, that’s def him.

Who are the others in the photo?

And her Apple Watch. I’d love to know too.
Sorry to hijack your post, but another question for the techies in the room. I have an apple watch, but it doesn't have its own plan, so the only way it keeps "working" is by being close to my cellphone. If Gabby also had a watch but it didn't have it's own plan, how far could she be from her phone before the apps don't work?

I have no idea. A good friend of mine used to go to Juarez, Mexico with her church group to help an orphanage. The church group quit going a few years ago due to the dangerous conditions in Juarez. I have another story from a friend who knew some people who went down to Baja on a surf trip that I won't repeat. Let's just say it was ugly. I wouldn't recommend any border town in Mexico as an ideal getaway place for a fugitive from justice. JMHO

Plenty of lovely places too but simply logistically, other places are physically closer.

I have no idea. A good friend of mine used to go to Juarez, Mexico with her church group to help an orphanage. The church group quit going a few years ago due to the dangerous conditions in Juarez. I have another story from a friend who knew some people who went down to Baja on a surf trip that I won't repeat. Let's just say it was ugly. I wouldn't recommend any border town in Mexico as an ideal getaway place for a fugitive from justice. JMHO
I think that I know the Baja surf trip one. JUst gratuitous violence. Incineration of people.

I find their behavior really suspicious. Your son comes home without the woman he left with in her van and I am sure with her possessions and they say 'come, we will go camping'. There is no way that those parents did not think that there was something suspicious going on there, no matter what he told them.
Everyone to their own pov. But I'm not going to participate in any excuse making exercises in this case. Just the fact that they waited 4 days to call the cops to report dear son was missing. Or had the lawyer call or whatever. Omg, I'm so worried about my son whose life is in danger cuz he ran off to a fetid alligator snake filled swamp....... I'm going to call my lawyer!!!

Meanwhile oops, we forgot to tell them about the Mustang! Dear, what day was it again we picked up the mustang?

ITA! To make it even more suspect, none of them respond to frantic messages from all of GP's family desperately trying to reach her.

I know our verified experts are here and happy their clients don't have members of the press texting them; :eek: but if it is provable, can the parents be charged with aiding and abetting/obstruction or any charges result from being complicit in all of this? @Alethea any ideas here before you turn in?

TIA

Have any of Brian's friends came forward to speak publicly about him? Any close friends/extended family who could be assisting his current situation? (hiding)

Try as I might I'm unable to keep up with every post in Gabby's thread.

The phone thing came up when Brian was telling the cops about the situation at Moonflower. He said he thought Gabby was going to leave him stranded, that he had no phone and no keys--since they were outside on the street, I assume his phone was in the van...he didn't have it on him.
Well he pulled it out of his pocket a few minutes later so Lord knows what he was on about.

Apologies if this has been shared earlier today.

National Park Service stonewalls public records in Gabby Petito case
The U.S. National Park Service has denied two requests for public records filed by KSL under the Freedom of Information Act. The requests are in connection with the disappearance of Gabrielle “Gabby” Petito.

In a pair of response letters on Tuesday, the agency said release of backcountry campsite reservation data from Yellowstone National Park and ranger body camera footage from Arches National Park could interfere with “enforcement proceedings.” The National Park Service added providing those public records could “afford a virtual roadmap through the government’s evidence” and “prematurely reveal the full scope of the evidence that has been obtained to date.”

Both of KSL’s requests were filed before federal prosecutors last week obtained an arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie.
KSL sought Hulls’ video from the National Park Service in an effort to verify the comments Hulls made to the Deseret News. KSL also sought to glean additional insight into how Petito responded to the characterization of her relationship with Laundrie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member