Shannan Gilbert's 23 Minute 911 Call #2

Gilbert, Shannan, Estate of, vs. Hackett, Charles Peter, D.O. Statement of Material Facts Submitted by Defendant Charles Peter Hackett

"Defendant denies ever meeting, treating, or having contact of any kind with the decedent SHANNAN GILBERT. (See Affidavit in Support of Charles Peter Hackett)."

Will Honorable Martha L. Luft consider the Affidavit of Mary Gilbert against this statement of material fact?

To bad SCPD never checked Hackett's house for DNA, from Shannan. Too late for that now.
Judge Luft has to decide if Mari Gilbert 'made up' the details she claims Hackett told her. Luft will have a difficult time, giving too much credibility to Mari, as Mari had a sketchy past and Mari is deceased and not available for cross examination.

Luft probably knows that Hackett has in the past made contradictory statements (see CBS 48 HOURS interview with follow-up letter; with Erin Morarity)

To bad SCPD never checked Hackett's house for DNA, from Shannan. Too late for that now.
Judge Luft has to decide if Mari Gilbert 'made up' the details she claims Hackett told her. Luft will have a difficult time, giving too much credibility to Mari, as Mari had a sketchy past and Mari is deceased and not available for cross examination.

Luft probably knows that Hackett has in the past made contradictory statements (see CBS 48 HOURS interview with follow-up letter; with Erin Morarity)

There is also evidence, in the form of phone records, that calls made from a phone belonging to, or to the family of, Peter Hackett were made to the phone belonging to Mari Gilbert.

There is also evidence, in the form of phone records, that calls made from a phone belonging to, or to the family of, Peter Hackett were made to the phone belonging to Mari Gilbert.

Hackett admitted calling Mari, the statement he's making above is that he didn't meet, treat or have contact with Shannan.

Dormer tells us there is 'no serial killer' with a blood dripping knife going around killing people. How does he know this.

I’ve been going back over this thread again & noticed this post so I thought if anyone else was RE-reading this & had wondered the same thing as quoted above I believe the answer is this: ->because none of the murdered victims died by stabbing. According to all reports the women all died by strangulation. Therefore, no serial killer with a knife, just a serial killer with a belt or what-not.

THANKS FOR THE INFO, MCME! Now we know what was really on the Tape - at least we know of ONE thing that is on the tape: 'she believed she was at Jones Beach'. No problem getting that one out there, right? And where is the other 22M55S of that tape. Maybe Det.Stephans can explain it for us.

Too painful for the family to hear? SG was a drug addicted prostitute. She dies while making a customer call. What could be more painful than that?
For those re-reading this thread… it was determined (through whatever testing they used) that Shannon Gilbert had no drugs in her system when she died. And she also had not performed any prostitution the night she was killed (according to the “John”) I believe the family and most people would agree, that no matter what kind of job SG had, being murdered by a psychopath would be hard for anyone to wrap their minds around. If they didn’t have sex in all the hours that SG was present then what exactly was going on? That’s why I said years ago on various forums about this case that I believed it could be revolving around the making of snuff films. Many people said that was just a wild guess at best, but it made sense at the time, & still does.

It is a lot easier to negotiate brush in the daytime than at night.

Was it pitch black when he did this, and was he in a drug induced paranoid state in the process of entering an OD condition?

If not, then you can't draw any conclusions from his walk.
Again… we now know SG was not in a drug induced state & had no drugs in her system even though dr. PH said he injected her with medication. Dr. PH either lied, or the ME report is a lie. Neither of those two scenarios is good. I have a degree in criminal justice & I have seen some shady ME paperwork. If SG was actually drugged by dr. PH then a negative drug toxicology report would clear him of any nefarious injection of drugs right? Here is something else that doesn’t make sense to myself as a member of the public, PH had to have had SG’s cell phone & looked up her family’s numbers on it to get her mothers home number. Or he got her wallet to see her real name & had police buddies look up her family. Also, it appears her belongings were dumped at one sight and SG was placed (where she was finally located) from parkway. That was probably an attempt to make it look like she had ran from point A to point B through the marsh, but nothing about that should just be assumed. No one even knows if SG actually died that night or if she was placed at that location some days or weeks later. For some reason the incorrect/unknown but still an assumption by people thus far are:
1) SG was on drugs & OD’d (not true according to ME report)
2) SG died from drowning (but found face up)
3) SG ran through the marsh (no evidence of that)
4) SG died from the harsh elements (it was a mild evening).
5) SG walked into the marsh and died THAT SAME NIGHT (no one knows when she actually died).
I’m sure there are more but the point is, we cannot assume anything.

WINDSOR If you LIVED here you'd know, John shtye for brains Ray is the LAST person
that the county of Suffolk would give ANYTHING to, let alone this 9-1-1 call

John has sued the MOST POWERFUL political powers that be in Suffolk County and tried to get them
OUTED, and he has also sued the SCPD numerous times. He has NO friends in Suffolk County.

So - where does that leave him?

and the reality is, John really doesn't give a shyte about solving this case,
he's only using this case to get on tv to get clients in the door.

What part of that DONT YOU FREEKING UNDERSTAND?
Haha! Sounds like the MOST POWERFUL people in that county need to be OUTED, right? I mean if he has “no friends” in that county, that is probably a good thing, right? It appears as though these powerful people are only powerful because the public lets them get away with their shenanigans. If they have done nothing wrong then that will come out in court, but so far… looks like those powerful people in charge just got handed FEDERAL prison sentences for corruption. I wouldn’t want friends like those. Gross.

I suggest each local sleuthers contact their elected representatives, and express your frustrations regarding the Oak Beach and LISK investigations.
Ask the representative to actively get involved.

I'm not in the area anymore, would it be useless if I contacted as a former resident of Suffolk County? If there's anyone I can contact to express frustration, I will! That being said, I do hope that anyone here from Suffolk does their best to contact their representatives, as you said, Windsor.

Haha! Sounds like the MOST POWERFUL people in that county need to be OUTED, right? I mean if he has “no friends” in that county, that is probably a good thing, right? It appears as though these powerful people are only powerful because the public lets them get away with their shenanigans. If they have done nothing wrong then that will come out in court, but so far… looks like those powerful people in charge just got handed FEDERAL prison sentences for corruption. I wouldn’t want friends like those. Gross.

All great points, in all your recent posts here, IMO, IndieCindy, thanks for adding your thoughts!

SG was on drugs & OD’d (not true according to ME report)

Indie Cindy, one has to be careful here, in what conclusions we come to. I believe the ME found no residue of drugs in Shannan's remains. That could be due to the fact the body was left exposed to the elements for something like 9 months. As well many drugs and and/or injectables leave no measurable residue after a period of time.

Just because no evidence of drugs were found, it cannot be ruled out that she did not have drugs in her system at the time of death.

In the phone call did he not admit meeting and treating Shannan? So if he admits the phone call, does it not follow he validates the contents of the call?

I mean, I haven't looked at it for years (but it's probably in those depositions, I'd imagine), but I always thought Hackett first denied calling and then admitted he did, saying he only called to be supportive and of comfort about Mari's missing daughter. I think Pak gave him the ph#, no? As I said, I'm rusty but no, admitting that you made a call is not admitting that you've said what the recipient of the call alleges you said.

I mean, I haven't looked at it for years (but it's probably in those depositions, I'd imagine), but I always thought Hackett first denied calling and then admitted he did, saying he only called to be supportive and of comfort about Mari's missing daughter. I think Pak gave him the ph#, no? As I said, I'm rusty but no, admitting that you made a call is not admitting that you've said what the recipient of the call alleges you said.

I think it’s a matter of reliability. First Hackett said he’d never called Mari and he and his wife had checked their phone bills and there were no calls to her, then he said she may have called him and returned her call, then he said he called her but only on the 8th. Finally the phone records showed he called her on the 3rd and the 8th and he admitted to that and said he’d forgotten because he gets 30 calls a day. Despite him earlier claiming to have checked his bills and the phone records showing he got far less than 33 calls in a day. And him making the 2nd call whilst in New Jersey, oddly. He changed his story about what was said multiple times too.

Mari, on the other hand, stuck to one consistent story which was in part proven correct by the phone records. It would seem odd for her to be totally honest about the timing of the call but lie about the contents. That plus Hackett’s continual changes in his story have to mean Mari’s reliability as a witness far outweighs his.

Plus Mari was deeply invested in finding out what had happened to Shannan. Why on earth would she make stuff up about a random person who lived in the area when that could divert the investigation from the genuine culprit if it wasn’t Hackett. She was no fool.

SG was on drugs & OD’d (not true according to ME report)

Indie Cindy, one has to be careful here, in what conclusions we come to. I believe the ME found no residue of drugs in Shannan's remains. That could be due to the fact the body was left exposed to the elements for something like 9 months. As well many drugs and and/or injectables leave no measurable residue after a period of time.

Just because no evidence of drugs were found, it cannot be ruled out that she did not have drugs in her system at the time of death.
WINDSOR, very true, nothing at all can be ruled out. I explained further that is why it cannot be ruled out that dr.PH actually did give her the injection he claimed he did, & it just wasn’t found due to decomp. I personally believe she was injected with something like ketamine maybe. Police have medics inject people they arrest with Valium & ketamine all the time, I actually have body cam video where this happened to a guy in my neck of the woods and he had to be lifeflighted to the hospital because ketamine can cause acute respiratory failure. The medics around here laugh & call it “vitamin K” & I think it’s not only unconstitutional but completely irresponsible. If someone really need that drug for an extreme circumstance it should be the medics decision only, and once the suspect is in the hands of the medic that is the medics patient and all police contact should cease; especially not questioned by police while completely out of it. Around here the police have done it to get info about drugs out of people and the person usually will later, have a hard time recalling what all happened. Some people can have really bad reactions & have hallucinations. I contacted a journalist associated with NPR about my body cam videos & police use of ketamine & they followed up & spoke with one officer that was trying to also help get the info out there. After that, NPR did a sort of exposè on ketamine use by police on suspects. Just think of what someone with access to that drug could do to someone & many times the victim will not recall what all happened to them while they were under.
So while I don’t rule out that PH did in fact give her a drug like he said he did, I also don’t rule out that she did not have drugs in her system as the ME determined through whatever means.

This is my favorite quote from the judge about the 911 recording that SCPD kept trying to say was part of their investigation for LE purposes & the contents can’t get out to the public… judge responds:
“Shannon Gilbert's 22-minute May 1, 2010 call with a 911 operator - has been publicly disclosed, by a member of the Police Department in a letter to the editor of Newsday, published on January 23, 2012 and quoted in plaintiffs' submissions, there is no indication that confidentiality was expected or promised or that the call "was compiled for law enforcement purposes."
(Newsday, letter to the editor, "All Out Effort for Shannan," January 23, 2012.)
Here is the whole lawsuit against The dr.PH:
Estate of Gilbert v Hackett

This was the 2018 court action where Gilbert’s lawyer finally received a copy of the recordings with stipulations attached.

Hackett admitted calling Mari, the statement he's making above is that he didn't meet, treat or have contact with Shannan.
Yeah I think we all understand what he’s saying at this particular moment. My questions to him would be something like,
then how did he know:
1) Shannon Gilbert (he called her by name) would turn up missing in the next few days?
2) major timing issue: because SG was not missing at the time he called Mari.
3) how did he know Mari was SG’s mother?
4) how did he know how to contact the mother of someone he never met, treated or had contact with?
5) how did SG’s belongings end up in his back yard?
6) how did he know the profession of someone he never met, treated or had contact with to tell her mother he ran a home for wayward girls?
7) how did he know that someone he never met, treated or had contact with was in a hysterical state? As he told Mari, “I gave her an injection to calm her down” (stated in lawsuit).
Sounds like this guy had all the facts; phone numbers, names, mental state of victim… for someone claiming he doesn’t know anything, right? What a piece of work this guy is.
So he calls Mari saying he’s running a home for wayward girls & he treated her? WHO does that? Then he says he just said all that to comfort her?
Weird. That’s like saying “hey lady you got a really messed up kid that needed to go to a wayward home for wayward girls oh & by the way, I also drugged her while she was here because she was going mental.” That’s comforting?
If I was Mari I would have said… “Well dr, you had my name & number, you coulda just called for me to come get her.” o_O

Why on earth would she make stuff up about a random person who lived in the area when that could divert the investigation from the genuine culprit if it wasn’t Hackett.

I agree, there would be no reason for Mari to make anything up, but Hackett nevertheless has a different story about the phone call. No hypothetical jury, for instance, is going to be able to do much with a he said/she said situation. One thing that always seemed odd to me about Mari's recounting of the call was that Hackett said he ran a home for wayward girls. In fact, of course, there was an owner of such a rehab just a couple streets away, and people were mentioning him almost immediately. It wouldn't be impossible, when you're suffering a tragedy like the loss of a child, to confuse people and situations.

then how did he know:

You might need a refresher for your timeline, Hackett called after Shannan disappeared, of course, and Michael Pak gave Hackett Mari's phone number and told him Mari was Shannan's mother, etc., etc. I'm sure there's early threads here, from back when it happened, for you to look at.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chaucer