GUILTY UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham Common area, 3 Mar 2021 *Life sentence* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Wednesday, Mar 10, Couzens was screened by mental health nurse Lucy Keating, as he had told custody staff that he "experiences anxiety and depression".

He did not have a history of mental health problems and he did not appear to have any acute mental health concerns that would warrant diversion from the criminal justice system, the Old Bailey heard.

At midday, whilst in custody at Wandsworth Police Station, he was further arrested on suspicion of the murder of Sarah Everard.

At 2:39pm whilst on 30-minute checks and being monitored via CCTV, just as he was about to be taken for interview, he deliberately hit his head on the toilet bowl in his cell, sustained a cut to his head.

The London Ambulance Service was called and he was taken to St George’s Hospital for treatment.

He underwent a CT scan and was treated with sutures for a wound just above his forehead.

He remained under police guard and close supervision whilst in hospital.

He was discharged at 7.15pm and returned to the police station where he was placed under constant supervision.

The following day, on Thursday, Mar 11, at 02.37am, Couzens was assessed by a senior nurse.

Couzens said that he had no diagnosed past medical or mental health history, but that he had been feeling stressed and depressed and had discussed this with his GP at the beginning of the week.

He declared that he had had suicidal thoughts for about two weeks, but had not had a chance to discuss this with any GP or healthcare professional.

Couzens was then interviewed between 5.48pm and 7.55pm - with two short breaks - in the presence of his solicitor and an appropriate adult.

When asked if he understood the caution, he said: “I think so, I don’t know, I think so”.

When asked how he was feeling he said: “I’m in a dark place”.

When asked again, the killer said that he did not know how he felt and he could not judge whether he was fit and well enough to be taking part in the interview.

His solicitor intervened and the interview was paused for a short time to allow a consultation to take place.

When the interview resumed, he answered “no comment” to all questions asked.

Couzens was further interviewed between 8.45pm and 9.42pm.

He continued to answer “no comment” to all questions asked.

On Friday Mar 12, shortly after 10am, Couzens once again deliberately hurt his head.

This time, he intentionally ran into a wall in his cell, causing another cut to his head - a deep laceration to his left eyebrow and swelling around it.

Whilst being assessed by a nurse, he tried again to self-harm by banging his head against the wall as they waited for an ambulance.

He was taken to hospital and treated, returned to the police station to be interviewed between 6.08pm and 6.20pm, where he continued to answer "no comment".

Wayne Couzens was charged with the murder and kidnap of Sarah Everard on the evening of Mar 12.

He made no reply to caution.

Mr Little QC told the Old Bailey: "He remained quiet with a lowered gaze, but answered questions politely when prompted.

"He was placed under constant watch until he first appeared in the Magistrates' court the following morning."

On Thursday, Mar 18, a diving search team was tasked to search the flood relief channel connected to the River Stour, which runs alongside Fellowship Walk in Sandwich.

This is where Wayne Couzens had walked along the riverbank on the morning of Mar 4, hours after killing Sarah Everard.

A police officer entered the water and emerged five minutes later having found a silver iPhone The handset was forensically examined, and identified as Sarah Everard’s Apple iPhone.

The handset did not contain a SIM card.

Sarah Everard murder: Wayne Couzens 'may have abused lockdown powers to arrest and kidnap victim'

https://twitter.com/mattuthompson/status/1443218285412093956

We are now hearing from Sarah’s mother Susan Everard: “She was my precious little girl. I can never talk to her or hold her again. I’ve kept her dressing down which still smells of her, and I have that instead of her. I’m tormented at the thought of what she endured.”

Sarah’s mother Susan: “She spent her last hours on earth with the worst of humanity. I’m incandescent with rage. You treated my daughter as if she was nothing and disposed of her as if she was rubbish. In her last hours she was faced with brutality and terror.”

We are now hearing from Sarah’s mother Susan Everard: “She was my precious little girl. I can never talk to her or hold her again. I’ve kept her dressing down which still smells of her, and I have that instead of her. I’m tormented at the thought of what she endured.”

Sarah’s mother Susan: “She spent her last hours on earth with the worst of humanity. I’m incandescent with rage. You treated my daughter as if she was nothing and disposed of her as if she was rubbish. In her last hours she was faced with brutality and terror.”

Truly heartbreaking. Poor Sarah, her poor family.

A craft knife (found in his car) is essentially a razor blade pen. You can use it for scoring and mark making. Very sharp and if I’m thinking worst case scenario, could have been used to mark and superficially mutilate her body. Presumably such injuries would be eradicated by fire.

Wayne Couzens sentencing live: Sarah Everard's killer had dating profiles and carried handcuffs off-duty, court hears

Sarah Everard's mother 'repulsed' by killer Wayne Couzens

Sarah Everard's mother Susan is reading a statement to the court as her daughter's killer Wayne Couzens sits in the dock.

Mrs Everard says: "Sarah is gone and I am broken hearted.

"She was my precious little girl, our youngest child. The feeling of loss is so great it is visceral.

"Sarah died in horrendous circumstances. I am tormented at the thought of what she endured."

She adds: "I am repulsed by the thought of Wayne Couzens and what he did to Sarah.

"I am outraged that he masqueraded as a policeman in order to get what he wanted.

"Sarah wanted to get married and have children, now all that has gone.

"He took her life and stole her future and we will never have the joy of sharing that future with her."

Absolutely heartbreaking :(

This tragic case is an absolute disgrace for LE!
How could such a weirdo sneak into their ranks??
Oh, and him cockily showing police belt with handcuffs in public as an UNDERCOVER!!!! officer.
As I understand *undercover* means not to draw attention.
But, as English is a foreign language for me, maybe I misunderstood.

https://twitter.com/mattuthompson/status/1443220156285661187

Sarah’s father Jeremy asks Wayne Couzens to face him. “The impact of what you’ve done will never end. The horrendous murder of my daughter Sarah is in my mind all the time. A father wants to look after his children, and you have deliberately stopped my ability to do that.”

This tragic case is an absolute disgrace for LE!
How could such a weirdo sneak into their ranks??
Oh, and him cockily showing police belt with handcuffs in public as an UNDERCOVER!!!! officer.
As I understand *undercover* means not to draw attention.
But, as English is a foreign language for me, maybe I misunderstood.

Nope, English is also my second language but a very fluent one for me (I hope/like to think!) but that's just stupid. Walking around with handcuffs on display is not the tactic for an undercover cop to make, and then to seemingly brag about it and show more paraphernalia... The person who asked him if he was 'into kinky stuff' (or whatever the quote was) was bang on the money, I think. A flagrant display of deviancy and disgusting arrogance.

Wayne Couzens sentencing live: Sarah Everard's killer had dating profiles and carried handcuffs off-duty, court hears

Sarah Everard's mother 'repulsed' by killer Wayne Couzens

Sarah Everard's mother Susan is reading a statement to the court as her daughter's killer Wayne Couzens sits in the dock.

Mrs Everard says: "Sarah is gone and I am broken hearted.

"She was my precious little girl, our youngest child. The feeling of loss is so great it is visceral.

"Sarah died in horrendous circumstances. I am tormented at the thought of what she endured."

She adds: "I am repulsed by the thought of Wayne Couzens and what he did to Sarah.

"I am outraged that he masqueraded as a policeman in order to get what he wanted.

"Sarah wanted to get married and have children, now all that has gone.

"He took her life and stole her future and we will never have the joy of sharing that future with her."
Reading that has made me cry, that poor woman and her family, just horrifying for them :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288